Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by air max 87

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nets gut the team for mello but wont contend for the whole time hes there.

if i was mello i would just wait the rest of the season and just walk at that point and chose where i wanna go. thats it. stop tryin to force the issue now cause at this point it doesnt matter.

getting traded to a gutted nets team, no good.
this my viewpoint on it as well...but he doesnt wanna leave that 65 mil out there which is understandable, i just dont see why he that miserable w the nuggets...i think he will feel worse on the Nets...guess he cant live wit a pay cut & Denver cant live w him walkin away for free

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nets gut the team for mello but wont contend for the whole time hes there.

if i was mello i would just wait the rest of the season and just walk at that point and chose where i wanna go. thats it. stop tryin to force the issue now cause at this point it doesnt matter.

getting traded to a gutted nets team, no good.
this my viewpoint on it as well...but he doesnt wanna leave that 65 mil out there which is understandable, i just dont see why he that miserable w the nuggets...i think he will feel worse on the Nets...guess he cant live wit a pay cut & Denver cant live w him walkin away for free

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at stat

scared you wont be the "guy" now in NY
30t6p3b.gif

the knicks need help, without a cp3/mello they arent going to do much in the East

Celtics (for at least 2 more years)
Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks

and lets say they get out the east.

Lakes
Mavs
Spurs

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at stat

30t6p3b.gif

the knicks need help, without a cp3/mello they arent going to do much in the East

Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks

Lakes
Mavs
Spurs

cmon man you can't really believe amare wouldn't want to play with melo. just a bad article

cmon man you can't really believe amare wouldn't want to play with melo. just a bad article

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

What I don't get is why Leon Rose is working behind the scenes and trying to get 'Melo to the Nets when he ('Melo) really wants to go to the Knicks. Something just doesn't work out here. I don't think it's really 'Melo's choice anymore either. Denver really seems adamant with sending him to the Nets and not the Knicks.

Like I said earlier, Denver and 'Melo are playing a game of chicken right now. Either Denver gives in to 'Melo and trades him to the Knicks just to get something back or 'Melo is traded to a place he doesn't want to sign with and loses out on the money he's guaranteed to get this year.

I really don't see Denver letting 'Melo walk away for nothing though.
$65MM, that's why.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

What I don't get is why Leon Rose is working behind the scenes and trying to get 'Melo to the Nets when he ('Melo) really wants to go to the Knicks. Something just doesn't work out here. I don't think it's really 'Melo's choice anymore either. Denver really seems adamant with sending him to the Nets and not the Knicks.

Like I said earlier, Denver and 'Melo are playing a game of chicken right now. Either Denver gives in to 'Melo and trades him to the Knicks just to get something back or 'Melo is traded to a place he doesn't want to sign with and loses out on the money he's guaranteed to get this year.

I really don't see Denver letting 'Melo walk away for nothing though.
$65MM, that's why.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at stat

30t6p3b.gif
Nowhere in that article does it say Amar'e said anything. Just talk from a lame *%# former teammate in PHX.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at stat

30t6p3b.gif
Nowhere in that article does it say Amar'e said anything. Just talk from a lame *%# former teammate in PHX.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at stat

30t6p3b.gif

Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks

Lakes
Mavs
Spurs

edit - 1
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at stat

30t6p3b.gif

Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks

Lakes
Mavs
Spurs

edit - 1
nerd.gif

that is just misleading. Stat has already said he's good either way. If you a Amar'e/Knicks hater, you take it as Stat wanting the spot light for himself.

that is just misleading. Stat has already said he's good either way. If you a Amar'e/Knicks hater, you take it as Stat wanting the spot light for himself.

Originally Posted by bdis1986

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at stat

30t6p3b.gif

Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks

Lakes (for at 3 more years)
Mavs
Spurs
edit - 1
nerd.gif
Fixed*

Originally Posted by bdis1986

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at stat

30t6p3b.gif

Heat
Magic
Bulls
Hawks

Lakes (for at 3 more years)
Mavs
Spurs
edit - 1
nerd.gif
Fixed*

^ if you guys are throwing around years left for potential contenders, how many more years do you guys expect out of the mavs (dirk, kidd & jet) and spurs (manu & duncan)?

^ if you guys are throwing around years left for potential contenders, how many more years do you guys expect out of the mavs (dirk, kidd & jet) and spurs (manu & duncan)?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

I don't really see the Mavs as legit contenders. The current team that plays defense will probably have to prove to me what they can do in the playoffs before I even consider them. As far as how many years they have left for being a good team I'd probably say as long as they have a healthy Dirk 4 or 5 (w/e the length his new contract was). Spurs got 3 left to go to the finals and win. This is just looking at the 2 current teams not accounting for some amazing unforeseen draft pick or blockbuster trade. I'll also add 2 or 3 years left for the Celts unless they're able to revamp around Rondo.

After that I feel OKC will be much better, being the main team leading the west as favorites and Miami will be dominating.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

I don't really see the Mavs as legit contenders. The current team that plays defense will probably have to prove to me what they can do in the playoffs before I even consider them. As far as how many years they have left for being a good team I'd probably say as long as they have a healthy Dirk 4 or 5 (w/e the length his new contract was). Spurs got 3 left to go to the finals and win. This is just looking at the 2 current teams not accounting for some amazing unforeseen draft pick or blockbuster trade. I'll also add 2 or 3 years left for the Celts unless they're able to revamp around Rondo.

After that I feel OKC will be much better, being the main team leading the west as favorites and Miami will be dominating.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yet, your team is playing Suns type basketball with aging, injury prone stars and you seem to think you're winning a championship.  I'll just wait for your appropriate emoticon response.

I don't see how any of that has to do with MELO. Try again.

Originally Posted by DubA169

because he's pissed that the spurs won 4 chips recently and nobody even remembers it happening. he's a transparent guy
Yeah that must be the reason.

Back
Top Bottom