Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

nets are stupid if they gonna blow up that team for the sake of getting melo for half a year. going to ruin themselves
To blow up something doesn't there first have to be something there?
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

nets are stupid if they gonna blow up that team for the sake of getting melo for half a year. going to ruin themselves
To blow up something doesn't there first have to be something there?
confused.gif

David Aldrige went on NBA TV last night and said this ain't happening. Anthony is not gonna sign an extension with the Nets

David Aldrige went on NBA TV last night and said this ain't happening. Anthony is not gonna sign an extension with the Nets

I miss David Aldrige. ESPN done anointed Broussard the 2nd coming of NBA trade/FA rumors. I really don't think he has much basketball knowledge. Plus he talks like he's trying so hard to not sound dumb.

I miss David Aldrige. ESPN done anointed Broussard the 2nd coming of NBA trade/FA rumors. I really don't think he has much basketball knowledge. Plus he talks like he's trying so hard to not sound dumb.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

[h2]Sources: Nets, Nuggets 'further along'[/h2]

By Chris Broussard and Marc Stein
ESPN.com

A weekend of heavy activity on the Carmelo Anthony trade front has ushered the New Jersey Nets to the brink of a deal for the superstar forward for the second time, according to sources close to the negotiations.

Thanks to the recruitment of the Detroit Pistons as a third-party facilitator, New Jersey's longstanding attempts to pry Anthony away from Denver are "further along" than any trade scenario that has been discussed since the Nets' near acquisition of the All-Star in late September, sources close to the negotiations said Sunday.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the talks expressed optimism Sunday that a three-team deal involving the Pistons featuring at least 15 players -- with Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups winding up in New Jersey with Anthony -- could be completed in the next day or two.

1975.jpg

Anthony

Denver, however, elected to play Anthony and Billups in its home game against New Orleans on Sunday night, suggesting that the Nuggets might not be ready to sign off on the trade and, according to sources, frustrating both the Nets and the Pistons.

A similar scenario played out in the September deal, when the Nets and Nuggets hammered out the framework of a four-team swap with Charlotte and Utah, only for the Nuggets to decide that they weren't ready to end their relationship with Anthony and back out of the deal.

As of late Sunday night, New Jersey was poised to receive Anthony, Billups and Hamilton, with Denver landing two future first-round picks and a six players. The Nuggets' New Jersey haul would feature Nets rookie Derrick Favors, former All-Star guard Devin Harris and Nets sharpshooter Anthony Morrow. In addition, the Nuggets would bring in the New Jersey threesome of Quinton Ross, Ben Uzoh and Stephen Graham included for salary-cap purposes.

Detroit, meanwhile, was to receive Nets big man Johan Petro and the expiring contract of Nets forward Troy Murphy, with the Pistons motivated to join in by the $17-plus million in long-term savings they'd earn by shedding Hamilton's contract.
Hold up, lemme get this straight. The Nets would be trading Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Anthony Morrow, Quinton Ross, Ben Uzoh, Stephen Graham, Johan Petro, Troy Murphy AND two first round picks for Melo for half a year, Chaucey Billups for a few hours before he's bought out, and Richard Hamilton who also would probably ask for a buyout.
Jordan Farmer

Kris Humphries

Damion James (Out 2 months, foot surgery)

Brook Lopez

Travis Outlaw

Sasha Vujacic

That's the entire roster that would be left. They would have 8 players on roster if Melo and Rip were traded there, but only 7 for the next couple months until Damion James comes back. Are the Nets *#+@@#$ dumb?

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

[h2]Sources: Nets, Nuggets 'further along'[/h2]

By Chris Broussard and Marc Stein
ESPN.com

A weekend of heavy activity on the Carmelo Anthony trade front has ushered the New Jersey Nets to the brink of a deal for the superstar forward for the second time, according to sources close to the negotiations.

Thanks to the recruitment of the Detroit Pistons as a third-party facilitator, New Jersey's longstanding attempts to pry Anthony away from Denver are "further along" than any trade scenario that has been discussed since the Nets' near acquisition of the All-Star in late September, sources close to the negotiations said Sunday.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the talks expressed optimism Sunday that a three-team deal involving the Pistons featuring at least 15 players -- with Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups winding up in New Jersey with Anthony -- could be completed in the next day or two.

1975.jpg

Anthony

Denver, however, elected to play Anthony and Billups in its home game against New Orleans on Sunday night, suggesting that the Nuggets might not be ready to sign off on the trade and, according to sources, frustrating both the Nets and the Pistons.

A similar scenario played out in the September deal, when the Nets and Nuggets hammered out the framework of a four-team swap with Charlotte and Utah, only for the Nuggets to decide that they weren't ready to end their relationship with Anthony and back out of the deal.

As of late Sunday night, New Jersey was poised to receive Anthony, Billups and Hamilton, with Denver landing two future first-round picks and a six players. The Nuggets' New Jersey haul would feature Nets rookie Derrick Favors, former All-Star guard Devin Harris and Nets sharpshooter Anthony Morrow. In addition, the Nuggets would bring in the New Jersey threesome of Quinton Ross, Ben Uzoh and Stephen Graham included for salary-cap purposes.

Detroit, meanwhile, was to receive Nets big man Johan Petro and the expiring contract of Nets forward Troy Murphy, with the Pistons motivated to join in by the $17-plus million in long-term savings they'd earn by shedding Hamilton's contract.
Hold up, lemme get this straight. The Nets would be trading Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Anthony Morrow, Quinton Ross, Ben Uzoh, Stephen Graham, Johan Petro, Troy Murphy AND two first round picks for Melo for half a year, Chaucey Billups for a few hours before he's bought out, and Richard Hamilton who also would probably ask for a buyout.
Jordan Farmer

Kris Humphries

Damion James (Out 2 months, foot surgery)

Brook Lopez

Travis Outlaw

Sasha Vujacic

That's the entire roster that would be left. They would have 8 players on roster if Melo and Rip were traded there, but only 7 for the next couple months until Damion James comes back. Are the Nets *#+@@#$ dumb?

it wouldn't be half a year if that cluster +*!# of a deal went through. that would mean he signed extension

maybe they are telling melo it's this or you stay withd enver. those are your options. period

it wouldn't be half a year if that cluster +*!# of a deal went through. that would mean he signed extension

maybe they are telling melo it's this or you stay withd enver. those are your options. period

If this deal goes through, the Nets will be saving the Knicks from themselves. Sometimes, the best move is the one you don't make.

If this deal goes through, the Nets will be saving the Knicks from themselves. Sometimes, the best move is the one you don't make.

Obviously the Nets aren't going to do this trade unless he signs the extension...

I know for sure Melo doesn't want to join the Nets so I'm not getting my hopes up at all for this trade.

Obviously the Nets aren't going to do this trade unless he signs the extension...

I know for sure Melo doesn't want to join the Nets so I'm not getting my hopes up at all for this trade.

Back
Top Bottom