Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

koolbbarbone -

im not saying though that it will benefit them

i am just pointing out the pipe dream both the knicks and nets are developing here

you are trying to tell me that billy king could pull multi team deal like this but donnie thought fields gallo curry and a no 1 he would get for randolph would cut it????

we just gutted our crappy team if this deal goes through.

it is still a great deal for who would be coming back but with what the knicks have going would you want to gut that roster like that?

koolbbarbone -

im not saying though that it will benefit them

i am just pointing out the pipe dream both the knicks and nets are developing here

you are trying to tell me that billy king could pull multi team deal like this but donnie thought fields gallo curry and a no 1 he would get for randolph would cut it????

we just gutted our crappy team if this deal goes through.

it is still a great deal for who would be coming back but with what the knicks have going would you want to gut that roster like that?

The coach is going to make Brook Lopez be a better rebounder and shoot a respectable percentage from the field? (FYI, Landry Fields is outrebounding Brook Lopez)

Or reverse the aging of Billups and Rip?

Or turn Travis Outlaw into Scottie Pippen?

Yeah a lot of Knicks fans might agree it would be challenging to win a championship with D'Antoni as the coach, but there aren't exactly dozens of available coaches who automatically make you a Finals caliber team. There's a select group of elite coaches, and those guys aren't going anywhere, so that isn't really a great point to make. Besides, the talent and players need to be there first, the coach can always be changed.

The coach is going to make Brook Lopez be a better rebounder and shoot a respectable percentage from the field? (FYI, Landry Fields is outrebounding Brook Lopez)

Or reverse the aging of Billups and Rip?

Or turn Travis Outlaw into Scottie Pippen?

Yeah a lot of Knicks fans might agree it would be challenging to win a championship with D'Antoni as the coach, but there aren't exactly dozens of available coaches who automatically make you a Finals caliber team. There's a select group of elite coaches, and those guys aren't going anywhere, so that isn't really a great point to make. Besides, the talent and players need to be there first, the coach can always be changed.

Melo to NJ makes no sense to me.

I know the NY market is important to him or should I say La La but he's going to be miserable losing because that proposed Nets team around him isn't going to do *$#+ in the East.

Melo to NJ makes no sense to me.

I know the NY market is important to him or should I say La La but he's going to be miserable losing because that proposed Nets team around him isn't going to do *$#+ in the East.

he just wants to get anywhere near the NY area just so his wife can be happy. I can imagine that she isn't happy in Colorado and doesn't want to raise her family there
she lives in los angeles

he just wants to get anywhere near the NY area just so his wife can be happy. I can imagine that she isn't happy in Colorado and doesn't want to raise her family there
she lives in los angeles

Sirius, I meant to say "The Nets have the pieces to possibly be a better team than the NYK in the future". I know the Nets are gonna give up some of their assets if they want to land Melo but they'll still have draft picks + Brook Lopez + significant cap room 1-2 years from now to help them assemble a nice team with Melo as the centerpiece.

A team with Lopez + Melo + another big free agent may end up being better than the Knicks in 2-years time.

I'm just speculating but I think its a bit of a stretch to confidently assume that Melo has a better chance of winning with the Knicks than with the Nets. At the moment the Knicks are clearly better but neither team are going to win anything with Melo at the moment...maybe if the Nets play their cards right they'll use their draft picks and cap room to build a contender.

Sirius, I meant to say "The Nets have the pieces to possibly be a better team than the NYK in the future". I know the Nets are gonna give up some of their assets if they want to land Melo but they'll still have draft picks + Brook Lopez + significant cap room 1-2 years from now to help them assemble a nice team with Melo as the centerpiece.

A team with Lopez + Melo + another big free agent may end up being better than the Knicks in 2-years time.

I'm just speculating but I think its a bit of a stretch to confidently assume that Melo has a better chance of winning with the Knicks than with the Nets. At the moment the Knicks are clearly better but neither team are going to win anything with Melo at the moment...maybe if the Nets play their cards right they'll use their draft picks and cap room to build a contender.

I want this deal to go down. The nuggets are sinking in the west, and the team hasn't made any good moves in a while. My boy needs to head somewhere else. New jersey would come up with both melo and billups. And yeah, I wouldn't trust dantoni when it comes to winning. I know melo doesn't want to play anymore run and gun basketball.

I want this deal to go down. The nuggets are sinking in the west, and the team hasn't made any good moves in a while. My boy needs to head somewhere else. New jersey would come up with both melo and billups. And yeah, I wouldn't trust dantoni when it comes to winning. I know melo doesn't want to play anymore run and gun basketball.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Problem is Melo + Rip + Brook (when he's eligible) will take up most of the cap space in 2 years. Then there's Outlaw's awful contract.
sick.gif

Problem is Melo + Rip + Brook (when he's eligible) will take up most of the cap space in 2 years. Then there's Outlaw's awful contract.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

I have nothing against the Knicks but whats corny is[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] Knicks fans saying !+$% like "NYC is the Mecca of basketball", [/color]"

QFT.
Even the KNICKS fans know they will NEVER win a chip with Mike _'Antoni as the coach.
1973 was a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time ago.

..... It's not Knick fans.. It's the media and your favorite players calling it that.

I never called MSG that

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

I have nothing against the Knicks but whats corny is[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] Knicks fans saying !+$% like "NYC is the Mecca of basketball", [/color]"

QFT.
Even the KNICKS fans know they will NEVER win a chip with Mike _'Antoni as the coach.
1973 was a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time ago.

..... It's not Knick fans.. It's the media and your favorite players calling it that.

I never called MSG that

Back
Top Bottom