Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Only way Melo agrees to go to NJ is if Chris Paul guaranteed to Melo that he would be joining him next year.

Steve Kyler: Snag seems to be Johan Petro and his $3.25 million contract NJ, Det and Den need a 4th team willing to take Petro, deal could drop quickly. 1 minute ago
laugh.gif

A lot salty Knicks fans in here
laugh.gif

I think Knicks fans have a right to be salty - at least the ones who have been counting on Carmelo to follow through on his many alleged comments about the Knicks being the only team he'd sign an extension with. Now we get news over the course of the day that basically says "well, you've all been duped." That's what we've had to endure the last few months so it's pretty normal to feel salty.

What's corny is dudes trying to downplay Carmelo's talents now that the pendulum is apparently not swinging in the Knicks' direction. I just want this +!!! to be over with and for there to be some kind of stoppage to players and agents using the Knicks organization as some sort of negotiation tool for their own benefit. +!!! is tired.

laugh.gif

I think Knicks fans have a right to be salty - at least the ones who have been counting on Carmelo to follow through on his many alleged comments about the Knicks being the only team he'd sign an extension with. Now we get news over the course of the day that basically says "well, you've all been duped." That's what we've had to endure the last few months so it's pretty normal to feel salty.

What's corny is dudes trying to downplay Carmelo's talents now that the pendulum is apparently not swinging in the Knicks' direction. I just want this +!!! to be over with and for there to be some kind of stoppage to players and agents using the Knicks organization as some sort of negotiation tool for their own benefit. +!!! is tired.

According to a source, Anthony has sent out mixed messages about playing for the Nets, telling the Nuggets that he's lukewarm while his agents have informed the Nets to push forward.

According to a source, Anthony has sent out mixed messages about playing for the Nets, telling the Nuggets that he's lukewarm while his agents have informed the Nets to push forward.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by you go boy

^ melo about that money not a championship
roll.gif
Melo should have just signed a shorter extension like Lebron, D.Wade, and Bosh

Instead of Rip he should be trying to make a push to get Steve Nash or CP3.
Back when he signed that extension he wasn't the player he is now.  Everyone in the media and most NTers all said that out of all those guys you mentioned Melo was the one that needed to get his money because the jury was still out on him.  Keep in mind, Melo was still making poor decisions on and off the court and the Nuggets had secretly shopped him.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by you go boy

^ melo about that money not a championship
roll.gif
Melo should have just signed a shorter extension like Lebron, D.Wade, and Bosh

Instead of Rip he should be trying to make a push to get Steve Nash or CP3.
Back when he signed that extension he wasn't the player he is now.  Everyone in the media and most NTers all said that out of all those guys you mentioned Melo was the one that needed to get his money because the jury was still out on him.  Keep in mind, Melo was still making poor decisions on and off the court and the Nuggets had secretly shopped him.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

laugh.gif

I have nothing against the Knicks but whats corny is Knicks fans saying !+$% like "NYC is the Mecca of basketball", "The NBA needs the NYK to be successful", and "LeBron/Melo, etc etc will make more money playing in NYC" when most of these statements are completely untrue. NYC is a nice city to live in but at the end of the day it comes down to making money and winning for most players. If you're a guy like Melo and have the chance to make a lot of money playing for a team with a good chance of winning then why wouldnt you go there instead of moving to NYC? Isnt that what LeBron did? The Knicks organization can not offer players anything other than lucrative salaries...there is no guarantee that a star player like Melo would win !+$% on the Knicks.

If he ends up with the Knicks that'll be cool for the city, team, Melo and the league but lets not act like the Knicks have much more to offer Melo than the Nets. They're both going to be playing in pretty much the same city 2-years from now and while the NYK have a better team now, the Nets currently have the pieces to be a better team than the Knicks in the near future.

laugh.gif

I have nothing against the Knicks but whats corny is Knicks fans saying !+$% like "NYC is the Mecca of basketball", "The NBA needs the NYK to be successful", and "LeBron/Melo, etc etc will make more money playing in NYC" when most of these statements are completely untrue. NYC is a nice city to live in but at the end of the day it comes down to making money and winning for most players. If you're a guy like Melo and have the chance to make a lot of money playing for a team with a good chance of winning then why wouldnt you go there instead of moving to NYC? Isnt that what LeBron did? The Knicks organization can not offer players anything other than lucrative salaries...there is no guarantee that a star player like Melo would win !+$% on the Knicks.

If he ends up with the Knicks that'll be cool for the city, team, Melo and the league but lets not act like the Knicks have much more to offer Melo than the Nets. They're both going to be playing in pretty much the same city 2-years from now and while the NYK have a better team now, the Nets currently have the pieces to be a better team than the Knicks in the near future.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

QFT.
Even the KNICKS fans know they will NEVER win a chip with Mike _'Antoni as the coach.
1973 was a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time ago.

QFT.
Even the KNICKS fans know they will NEVER win a chip with Mike _'Antoni as the coach.
1973 was a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time ago.

So I think I stood on the sidelines with this long enough without commenting

the knicks fans have every right to salty and upset and that is coming from a nets fan. but the fact of the matter with this deal is melos agent being involved like he is compared to the other deals

you guys got to remember that these agents try to get in with teams. dan fegan represented like 7 of the nets players the past two seasons before king took over. now leon rose is trying to get rip ( who he represents with melo) to come to the nets. rose also represents CP3 which earlier reports on netsdaily stated that rose said this was melos best shot of being with him in a brand new arena in brooklyn. rose sees an opportunity to market his players there.

and next years possible lockout and the changes coming to the leagues salary will not even give knicks fans the opportunity to have melo cp3 re-sign chandler etc etc

rose sees more of an opportunity to market his brand with this nets team for the players he represents

also, william wesley works with rose on occasion this league is actually more corrupt than we already do believe here at times. hahaha

So I think I stood on the sidelines with this long enough without commenting

the knicks fans have every right to salty and upset and that is coming from a nets fan. but the fact of the matter with this deal is melos agent being involved like he is compared to the other deals

you guys got to remember that these agents try to get in with teams. dan fegan represented like 7 of the nets players the past two seasons before king took over. now leon rose is trying to get rip ( who he represents with melo) to come to the nets. rose also represents CP3 which earlier reports on netsdaily stated that rose said this was melos best shot of being with him in a brand new arena in brooklyn. rose sees an opportunity to market his players there.

and next years possible lockout and the changes coming to the leagues salary will not even give knicks fans the opportunity to have melo cp3 re-sign chandler etc etc

rose sees more of an opportunity to market his brand with this nets team for the players he represents

also, william wesley works with rose on occasion this league is actually more corrupt than we already do believe here at times. hahaha

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

the knicks fans have every right to salty and upset 
I would be too, but to say that Melo not going to New York is actually going to benefit the Knicks is just hilarious.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

the knicks fans have every right to salty and upset 
I would be too, but to say that Melo not going to New York is actually going to benefit the Knicks is just hilarious.

WojYahooNBA

Nuggets official insists they never agreed to deal pending NJ-DET arrangement for Petro. "People are trying to pressure us," source tells Y!

WojYahooNBA

Nuggets official insists they never agreed to deal pending NJ-DET arrangement for Petro. "People are trying to pressure us," source tells Y!

laugh.gif

this is a whole 'nother subject because now we're entering an area where anything a ny'er says is looked at as arrogant or ridiculous or whatever else that constantly gets thrown around here on this site, but it's really not a ridiculous notion that the league becomes stronger, more profitable and more competitive when a team from a major market like NYC becomes prosperous. that's just the way it is. it's also true that plenty more opportunities exist in NY to market oneself both locally and globally. the infrastructure for all that is already there, so i can't get down when people try to create a new reality by denying that.

the nets currently have pieces to be a better team than the knicks in the near future? how so?

the nets have a better chance of winning than the knicks?  how so?

what can the nets offer a player like carmelo that another team (like the knicks) can't? are they offering him something other than a lucrative salary?

other than what i read daily, i'm not aware of the answers to the questions above, but if these things are said just to be a contrarian or even worse, someone who says #*** just to spite a knicks fans/ny'ers just for the hell of it and without any basis, then it's just silly.

laugh.gif

this is a whole 'nother subject because now we're entering an area where anything a ny'er says is looked at as arrogant or ridiculous or whatever else that constantly gets thrown around here on this site, but it's really not a ridiculous notion that the league becomes stronger, more profitable and more competitive when a team from a major market like NYC becomes prosperous. that's just the way it is. it's also true that plenty more opportunities exist in NY to market oneself both locally and globally. the infrastructure for all that is already there, so i can't get down when people try to create a new reality by denying that.

the nets currently have pieces to be a better team than the knicks in the near future? how so?

the nets have a better chance of winning than the knicks?  how so?

what can the nets offer a player like carmelo that another team (like the knicks) can't? are they offering him something other than a lucrative salary?

other than what i read daily, i'm not aware of the answers to the questions above, but if these things are said just to be a contrarian or even worse, someone who says #*** just to spite a knicks fans/ny'ers just for the hell of it and without any basis, then it's just silly.

Back
Top Bottom