Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Why won't Melo come to Chicago? Seriously.

Rose, Booz, Noah, Melo ..
What you mean in the off season? Cuz yall really have nothing to offer Denver.

Melo won't go to the Chi cuz NY is obviously a better option. Not just from how the team is currently but all the cap flexibility we have for next season.

Kobe tells Carmelo to go for happiness

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire have a good relationship, but no NBA player is closer to Anthony than Kobe Bryant. The two have talked about Anthony's future and the decision that he'll have to make about signing an extension or testing free agency. At Lakers practice Saturday, Bryant said his advice to Anthony was simple: "Do what makes you happy."

Anthony has never publicly stated his wish to leave Denver, but there have been consistent indications from his camp that he has little to no interest in signing a three-year, $65-million extension to remain. Those closest to him have confirmed that Anthony's first choice would be to team with Stoudemire and play for the Knicks, but the Nets are working feverishly to come up with a better trade offer to the Nuggets with the hope that Anthony would sign an extension with them.

Anthony has been extremely careful with what he says and does, mainly because he wants to avoid the firestorm of criticism and backlash that met LeBron James when he left Cleveland for Miami last summer. But Bryant said Carmelo shouldn't be concerned about pleasing everyone.

"LeBron did it, and obviously, the way he went about it -- a lot of people off," Bryant said. "But the core of the decision was that he wanted to do what made him happy. I think Carmelo should do the same thing."
Source

Kobe tells Carmelo to go for happiness

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire have a good relationship, but no NBA player is closer to Anthony than Kobe Bryant. The two have talked about Anthony's future and the decision that he'll have to make about signing an extension or testing free agency. At Lakers practice Saturday, Bryant said his advice to Anthony was simple: "Do what makes you happy."

Anthony has never publicly stated his wish to leave Denver, but there have been consistent indications from his camp that he has little to no interest in signing a three-year, $65-million extension to remain. Those closest to him have confirmed that Anthony's first choice would be to team with Stoudemire and play for the Knicks, but the Nets are working feverishly to come up with a better trade offer to the Nuggets with the hope that Anthony would sign an extension with them.

Anthony has been extremely careful with what he says and does, mainly because he wants to avoid the firestorm of criticism and backlash that met LeBron James when he left Cleveland for Miami last summer. But Bryant said Carmelo shouldn't be concerned about pleasing everyone.

"LeBron did it, and obviously, the way he went about it -- a lot of people off," Bryant said. "But the core of the decision was that he wanted to do what made him happy. I think Carmelo should do the same thing."
Source

That's probably more realistic... prior to Noah's extension. Now? it's very doubtful in my mind that Denver takes on Deng's contract plus Taj, JJ, or whoever and picks (which would be high 1st rounders due to Chicago's good record.
Unless you can find someone to take Deng for an expiring, you won't have the money to sign Melo in the offseason, plus you would probably need to shed a few more players as well. Unless Carmelo plans on taking the MLE
laugh.gif

That's probably more realistic... prior to Noah's extension. Now? it's very doubtful in my mind that Denver takes on Deng's contract plus Taj, JJ, or whoever and picks (which would be high 1st rounders due to Chicago's good record.
Unless you can find someone to take Deng for an expiring, you won't have the money to sign Melo in the offseason, plus you would probably need to shed a few more players as well. Unless Carmelo plans on taking the MLE
laugh.gif

From Woj of Yahoo.
Denver, N.J. and Detroit "progressing" on Melo blockbuster in talks Sunday, front office source says. Denver mining league for best offer.
Nets no longer asking for Detroit 1st rounder and searching for another team to unload Petro on, sources say. Pistons want Murphy for Rip.
Detroit has leverage here, because Melo's agent is pushing Rip inclusion in bigger deal to NJ. Detroit may end up with a 1st out of deal.
There's momentum toward getting a deal done, because Denver's ready. "They're getting a lot of pressure from Melo's people," executive says.
Would Melo's agent work so hard to get Rip in deal, only have to client refuse $65M contract in NJ? Melo does waffle, but seems unlikely.

From Woj of Yahoo.
Denver, N.J. and Detroit "progressing" on Melo blockbuster in talks Sunday, front office source says. Denver mining league for best offer.
Nets no longer asking for Detroit 1st rounder and searching for another team to unload Petro on, sources say. Pistons want Murphy for Rip.
Detroit has leverage here, because Melo's agent is pushing Rip inclusion in bigger deal to NJ. Detroit may end up with a 1st out of deal.
There's momentum toward getting a deal done, because Denver's ready. "They're getting a lot of pressure from Melo's people," executive says.
Would Melo's agent work so hard to get Rip in deal, only have to client refuse $65M contract in NJ? Melo does waffle, but seems unlikely.

I have no idea why Carmelo would want to go to a team with Chauncey/Rip/Melo/Lopez as its core. Is that really any better than what Denver has now?

I have no idea why Carmelo would want to go to a team with Chauncey/Rip/Melo/Lopez as its core. Is that really any better than what Denver has now?

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Ummm Yes?

Ummm Yes?

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Ummm Yes?
No it's not.

Afflalo > Rip
Nene & Birdman > Lopez
JR Smith > anyone on the Nets bench

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Ummm Yes?
No it's not.

Afflalo > Rip
Nene & Birdman > Lopez
JR Smith > anyone on the Nets bench

I just can't see Melo signing off on this trade and ending up a Net with a smile on his face. Seems like he's being forced.

Still early January. I'd think Den would still wait it out until Feb.

I just can't see Melo signing off on this trade and ending up a Net with a smile on his face. Seems like he's being forced.

Still early January. I'd think Den would still wait it out until Feb.

Well a core like that is definitely a better look than playing with just Harris and Lopez.

They're arguably worse than the Nuggets now talent-wise, but there's a possibility that the chemistry can turn out better. The change of scenery would help too.

I don't think Melo would agree to it in the end, since the Nets are already in a deep hole and the playoffs/a meaningful season are a long shot. He'd basically be writing off the rest of this season and I can't see that sitting well.

Well a core like that is definitely a better look than playing with just Harris and Lopez.

They're arguably worse than the Nuggets now talent-wise, but there's a possibility that the chemistry can turn out better. The change of scenery would help too.

I don't think Melo would agree to it in the end, since the Nets are already in a deep hole and the playoffs/a meaningful season are a long shot. He'd basically be writing off the rest of this season and I can't see that sitting well.

Anyone saying that alleged new Nets team is better than the current Nuggets obviously doesn't watch Nets game and have seen the Nets bench.

Anyone saying that alleged new Nets team is better than the current Nuggets obviously doesn't watch Nets game and have seen the Nets bench.

Back
Top Bottom