Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Y! Sources: 'Melo's agent pushing for Rip Hamilton to head to New Jersey with Anthony as part of three-way deal. http://tinyurl.com

[h1]Agent pushing Hamilton into ‘Melo deal[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

Yahoo! Sports 

As Carmelo Anthony(notes) demands the New Jersey Nets surround him with veteran talent as a condition for him to commit to a contract extension, his agent has been the driving force behind bringing Detroit Pistons guard Richard Hamilton(notes) into multiteam trade talks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Anthony’s agent, Leon Rose, also represents Hamilton, and sources said he pushed Nets general manager Billy King to bring the Pistons into trade talks with New Jersey and the Denver Nuggets. Anthony has wanted the Nets to upgrade their roster upon his arrival for him to sign a three-year, $64 million contract extension.

“Leon is driving this one,

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Y! Sources: 'Melo's agent pushing for Rip Hamilton to head to New Jersey with Anthony as part of three-way deal. http://tinyurl.com

[h1]Agent pushing Hamilton into ‘Melo deal[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

Yahoo! Sports 

As Carmelo Anthony(notes) demands the New Jersey Nets surround him with veteran talent as a condition for him to commit to a contract extension, his agent has been the driving force behind bringing Detroit Pistons guard Richard Hamilton(notes) into multiteam trade talks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Anthony’s agent, Leon Rose, also represents Hamilton, and sources said he pushed Nets general manager Billy King to bring the Pistons into trade talks with New Jersey and the Denver Nuggets. Anthony has wanted the Nets to upgrade their roster upon his arrival for him to sign a three-year, $64 million contract extension.

“Leon is driving this one,

So they think by trading him with the point guard that he's ALREADY playing with and Richard Hamilton it's going to convince him to play for the Nets? They'll only have a 2 year window to still win with those two guys and they'd have the worst bench in the entire league, if they don't already. I just checked and if they trade Favors, Petro and Troy Murphy they wouldn't have another forward or center on roster to sub in except Travis Outlaw. So I guess they plan on playin Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez 48 minutes a game. They Nets are a joke they need to build through the draft and keep Favors.

So they think by trading him with the point guard that he's ALREADY playing with and Richard Hamilton it's going to convince him to play for the Nets? They'll only have a 2 year window to still win with those two guys and they'd have the worst bench in the entire league, if they don't already. I just checked and if they trade Favors, Petro and Troy Murphy they wouldn't have another forward or center on roster to sub in except Travis Outlaw. So I guess they plan on playin Kris Humphries and Brook Lopez 48 minutes a game. They Nets are a joke they need to build through the draft and keep Favors.

That deal won't convince Melo to stay in New Jersey.

I find it interesting though, since it would be like redoing the 2003 draft for the Pistons... except in Nets uniforms. And with Billups and Hamilton past their primes.

That deal won't convince Melo to stay in New Jersey.

I find it interesting though, since it would be like redoing the 2003 draft for the Pistons... except in Nets uniforms. And with Billups and Hamilton past their primes.

I'm not even paying attention to the location right now, yeah Newark sucks but they'll eventually be in Brooklyn, but does Melo really want to play with Anthony Morrow, Travis Outlaw, and Brook Lopez?

Lopez is absolutely awful, he's completely regressed since his rookie year, and I do not think he's a capable big man to help me win a championship. I understand the Nets would have to give up Favors, but that's who I would want to play with eventually, not Lopez.

I'm not even paying attention to the location right now, yeah Newark sucks but they'll eventually be in Brooklyn, but does Melo really want to play with Anthony Morrow, Travis Outlaw, and Brook Lopez?

Lopez is absolutely awful, he's completely regressed since his rookie year, and I do not think he's a capable big man to help me win a championship. I understand the Nets would have to give up Favors, but that's who I would want to play with eventually, not Lopez.

Mr Jordan04 wrote:
Chauncy said he wants a buyout if he gets traded to New Jersey
laugh.gif

yup

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71033/20110108/billups_will_seek_buyout_if_traded_to_nets/[/h1]
[h1]Billups Will Seek Buyout If Traded To Nets
[/h1]
Jan 08, 2011 10:19 PM EST

Billups_Chauncey_den.jpg
Chauncey Billups does not want to be a member of the Nets, who could acquire him in a rumored trade with the Nuggets involving Carmelo Anthony.

"If he is traded, he'd want to be bought out to he could survey the landscape and re-evaluate what he wants to do going forward," agent Andy Miller told ESPN.com.

There have been numerous reports the Nets had engaged the Pistons in three-way trade talks with the aim of bringing Anthony, Billups and Richard Hamilton to New Jersey.

The talks between Denver, New Jersey and Detroit have not progressed to the point where anything is close to being finished, as reported by ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

"We've had numerous conversations with the Nuggets -- today was the latest, but we've had conversations throughout the entire season -- where we've made it clear that Chauncey wants to remain a Nugget for the duration of his career, and then after his career is over he wants to move into the front office," Miller said.

Like seriously, if Kidd told Melo not to go to NJ. Billups said he would seek a buyout. What do you think Melo is thinking ?

But some article said NJ just want Melo to stay away from the Knicks.. which is why they're goin extra hard

Mr Jordan04 wrote:
Chauncy said he wants a buyout if he gets traded to New Jersey
laugh.gif

yup

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71033/20110108/billups_will_seek_buyout_if_traded_to_nets/[/h1]
[h1]Billups Will Seek Buyout If Traded To Nets
[/h1]
Jan 08, 2011 10:19 PM EST

Billups_Chauncey_den.jpg
Chauncey Billups does not want to be a member of the Nets, who could acquire him in a rumored trade with the Nuggets involving Carmelo Anthony.

"If he is traded, he'd want to be bought out to he could survey the landscape and re-evaluate what he wants to do going forward," agent Andy Miller told ESPN.com.

There have been numerous reports the Nets had engaged the Pistons in three-way trade talks with the aim of bringing Anthony, Billups and Richard Hamilton to New Jersey.

The talks between Denver, New Jersey and Detroit have not progressed to the point where anything is close to being finished, as reported by ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

"We've had numerous conversations with the Nuggets -- today was the latest, but we've had conversations throughout the entire season -- where we've made it clear that Chauncey wants to remain a Nugget for the duration of his career, and then after his career is over he wants to move into the front office," Miller said.

Like seriously, if Kidd told Melo not to go to NJ. Billups said he would seek a buyout. What do you think Melo is thinking ?

But some article said NJ just want Melo to stay away from the Knicks.. which is why they're goin extra hard

Originally Posted by Freeze

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

*$! is unfair about melo wanting to leave a team he doesnt wanna play for
laugh.gif
and its a seriois question id like if u answered.

and there might be a rollback of salaries with the new cba so in the end of the day the extension would just mean security and nothing as far as getting paid big $ goes.

sounds like ur just mad that denver is ab to become the next cleveland. and wow denver is screwed, they're risking losing all of their best players to free agency. they're gunna have all this cap space but the only superstar in the 2011 class is melo
laugh.gif

what are these words?? who are u even talkin to? hahaha.
lmao it was directed at this post

This is all such a circus - if he wants to go to New York then he needs to understand that he is probably going to forfeit a lot of money. If he wants the money then just accept the trade to NJ/Brooklyn and move on. If he wants an extension and to play for the Knicks he is out of luck. As Nuggets fan I find this all to be ridiculous and not entirely fair to the Nuggets organization and I hope at some he realizes he is not get both and decides which is more important.

by kapstone which was literally 2 posts before mine. idk how everyone caught my post but not that one and thinks im schyzo
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

*$! is unfair about melo wanting to leave a team he doesnt wanna play for
laugh.gif
and its a seriois question id like if u answered.

and there might be a rollback of salaries with the new cba so in the end of the day the extension would just mean security and nothing as far as getting paid big $ goes.

sounds like ur just mad that denver is ab to become the next cleveland. and wow denver is screwed, they're risking losing all of their best players to free agency. they're gunna have all this cap space but the only superstar in the 2011 class is melo
laugh.gif

what are these words?? who are u even talkin to? hahaha.
lmao it was directed at this post

This is all such a circus - if he wants to go to New York then he needs to understand that he is probably going to forfeit a lot of money. If he wants the money then just accept the trade to NJ/Brooklyn and move on. If he wants an extension and to play for the Knicks he is out of luck. As Nuggets fan I find this all to be ridiculous and not entirely fair to the Nuggets organization and I hope at some he realizes he is not get both and decides which is more important.

by kapstone which was literally 2 posts before mine. idk how everyone caught my post but not that one and thinks im schyzo
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom