Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

SMH at Melo possibly accepting that trade. I understand he wants to leave, but to NJ. SMH

SMH at Melo possibly accepting that trade. I understand he wants to leave, but to NJ. SMH

I don't see why Melo would sign off on this trade. He obviously must know something we don't. Don't know why Denver has its heart set on dealing exclusively with New Jersey. Favors seems like a bust (still early tho) and they have said they don't want Harris. So why deal with Jersey?

I don't see why Melo would sign off on this trade. He obviously must know something we don't. Don't know why Denver has its heart set on dealing exclusively with New Jersey. Favors seems like a bust (still early tho) and they have said they don't want Harris. So why deal with Jersey?

laugh.gif
@ Melo. Hopefully, when he's sitting on a perennial playoff loser in a year or so, everyone will realize that just because you're a good player does NOT mean you are a good GM, so they should stop trying to dictate terms to their employers.

roll.gif
@ the idea of Melo signing over his prime because "he wants to play with Rip." Stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's like LeBron saying he wants to sign with Miami so he can play alongside Wade, only the exact opposite.

laugh.gif
@ Melo. Hopefully, when he's sitting on a perennial playoff loser in a year or so, everyone will realize that just because you're a good player does NOT mean you are a good GM, so they should stop trying to dictate terms to their employers.

roll.gif
@ the idea of Melo signing over his prime because "he wants to play with Rip." Stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's like LeBron saying he wants to sign with Miami so he can play alongside Wade, only the exact opposite.

Originally Posted by you go boy

^ melo about that money not a championship
If that's true & he signs off on this just to get his $$, then the Knicks came out on top. Still have money to work with & improve the roster through other trades, pickups & resigning key rotation guys. However, the decision to sign with that team, with its current roster or supposed roster would be ludicrous & cannot see it happening.

At least we only have at most a month and a half to end all this drama.

If that's true & he signs off on this just to get his $$, then the Knicks came out on top. Still have money to work with & improve the roster through other trades, pickups & resigning key rotation guys. However, the decision to sign with that team, with its current roster or supposed roster would be ludicrous & cannot see it happening.

At least we only have at most a month and a half to end all this drama.

im not even mad at melo signing that contract... go get your money boy... but its just comedy to me that he would go to a team worse than the nuggets 
laugh.gif

im not even mad at melo signing that contract... go get your money boy... but its just comedy to me that he would go to a team worse than the nuggets 
laugh.gif

I think Melo is just trying to do what's best for his family than himself seem like it.
Instead of him just being patient and trying to push for a deal to NY or Chicago to WIN, he just wants to get anywhere near the NY area just so his wife can be happy. I can imagine that she isn't happy in Colorado and doesn't want to raise her family there. He's probably content with just living in the NY area and playing in NJ regardless if the team is good or not. Nothing wrong with that, but I think its a lot less about winning.

I know he has a lesser chance at winning in NJ than in Denver because the top 3 or 4 teams in the East are too strong. That Nets team won't be able to compete with those guys regardless if they have an aging Billups and Rip. 

I think Melo is just trying to do what's best for his family than himself seem like it.
Instead of him just being patient and trying to push for a deal to NY or Chicago to WIN, he just wants to get anywhere near the NY area just so his wife can be happy. I can imagine that she isn't happy in Colorado and doesn't want to raise her family there. He's probably content with just living in the NY area and playing in NJ regardless if the team is good or not. Nothing wrong with that, but I think its a lot less about winning.

I know he has a lesser chance at winning in NJ than in Denver because the top 3 or 4 teams in the East are too strong. That Nets team won't be able to compete with those guys regardless if they have an aging Billups and Rip. 

If he's letting his wife call the shots for HIS career, he's a sucker.

The move to NJ makes no sense. It's great for Denver because they get a great buliding block for the future in Derrick Favors and potentially 2 1st round picks. They're setting themselves up to be a better team in the long run than the Nets. I'm sorry, but a team of Melo, Rip, Lopez, and Chauncey ain't gonna scare anyone. There is gonna be ZERO depth, and who is going to provide the rebounding, toughness, and other intangibles needed when the playoffs roll around. I know the Nets missed out on many of the marquee free agents this summer, but I could see this move blowing up in their faces. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet that Melo will be on his 3rd team before he's 30.

If he's letting his wife call the shots for HIS career, he's a sucker.

The move to NJ makes no sense. It's great for Denver because they get a great buliding block for the future in Derrick Favors and potentially 2 1st round picks. They're setting themselves up to be a better team in the long run than the Nets. I'm sorry, but a team of Melo, Rip, Lopez, and Chauncey ain't gonna scare anyone. There is gonna be ZERO depth, and who is going to provide the rebounding, toughness, and other intangibles needed when the playoffs roll around. I know the Nets missed out on many of the marquee free agents this summer, but I could see this move blowing up in their faces. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet that Melo will be on his 3rd team before he's 30.

Nets are still going to be trash, not even mad at not getting 'Melo actually kind of glad.  With the good chance of no ball next season due to lockout, I'd rather wait for the 2012 free agents (Howard, Paul, DWill).

Nets are still going to be trash, not even mad at not getting 'Melo actually kind of glad.  With the good chance of no ball next season due to lockout, I'd rather wait for the 2012 free agents (Howard, Paul, DWill).

roll.gif
Melo should have just signed a shorter extension like Lebron, D.Wade, and Bosh

Instead of Rip he should be trying to make a push to get Steve Nash or CP3.

roll.gif
Melo should have just signed a shorter extension like Lebron, D.Wade, and Bosh

Instead of Rip he should be trying to make a push to get Steve Nash or CP3.

A lot of salty Knicks fans in here
laugh.gif

Regardless of where Melo ends up, that team isnt going to be title contenders overnight. In all likelihood Melo's new team (whether its the Knicks, Nets, etc) are going to need to add another big piece (CP3???) in order to contend. At this point it doesnt matter if Melo ends up on the Nets or Knicks...neither team is going to contend for ++#* in the short run. If reports are indeed true that Melo is considering either the Nets or Knicks then I think he should join the team he thinks gives him the best chance of winning 2+ years from now. Sure, joining Amare in NY with their decent supporting cast would be fun, but they'd be a 50ish win team that wouldnt even get to the ECF.

A lot of salty Knicks fans in here
laugh.gif

Regardless of where Melo ends up, that team isnt going to be title contenders overnight. In all likelihood Melo's new team (whether its the Knicks, Nets, etc) are going to need to add another big piece (CP3???) in order to contend. At this point it doesnt matter if Melo ends up on the Nets or Knicks...neither team is going to contend for ++#* in the short run. If reports are indeed true that Melo is considering either the Nets or Knicks then I think he should join the team he thinks gives him the best chance of winning 2+ years from now. Sure, joining Amare in NY with their decent supporting cast would be fun, but they'd be a 50ish win team that wouldnt even get to the ECF.

Only way Melo agrees to go to NJ is if Chris Paul guaranteed to Melo that he would be joining him next year.

Back
Top Bottom