Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

New York gave away a lot of good players. Denver got better and younger, basically lost nothing (in terms of scoring)
IMO Denver got away with murder, New York has no bench whatsoever now, who's gonna score off the bench anyone got an idea?
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

So trading away one of, if not THE best offensive talents in the league is "basically losing nothing (in terms of scoring)" ?
laugh.gif

New York gave away a lot of good players. Denver got better and younger, basically lost nothing (in terms of scoring)
IMO Denver got away with murder, New York has no bench whatsoever now, who's gonna score off the bench anyone got an idea?
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

So trading away one of, if not THE best offensive talents in the league is "basically losing nothing (in terms of scoring)" ?
laugh.gif

Landing Melo was great and all for the Knicks, but do any of the fans have a problem w. Zeke "seemingly" being the one behind the scenes calling the shots? Everything is fine on the surface, but what's going on between Dolan, Walsh, and Isiah is really strange. Walsh, IMO, did a hell of a job in cleaning up the mess that was left in Isiah's wake. From the outside looking in, it seems like Isiah's departure to coach at FIU (or whereever he is) was more of a "wink-wink" type of deal from the jump. Honestly, I'm confident in saying that as long as Isiah is still under the Knicks umbrella, they won't win a championship. Walsh had a vision of what the Knicks could have been, and the sad part is...i bet he believed that even without this trade being made, Melo would have come to NY via FA. If that happened, some of the young core COULD have been kept in-tact. I'll be interested to see how all of this plays out. Melo got what he wanted, but at what cost?

Landing Melo was great and all for the Knicks, but do any of the fans have a problem w. Zeke "seemingly" being the one behind the scenes calling the shots? Everything is fine on the surface, but what's going on between Dolan, Walsh, and Isiah is really strange. Walsh, IMO, did a hell of a job in cleaning up the mess that was left in Isiah's wake. From the outside looking in, it seems like Isiah's departure to coach at FIU (or whereever he is) was more of a "wink-wink" type of deal from the jump. Honestly, I'm confident in saying that as long as Isiah is still under the Knicks umbrella, they won't win a championship. Walsh had a vision of what the Knicks could have been, and the sad part is...i bet he believed that even without this trade being made, Melo would have come to NY via FA. If that happened, some of the young core COULD have been kept in-tact. I'll be interested to see how all of this plays out. Melo got what he wanted, but at what cost?

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

The Knicks are fine. And would have lost 3/5 of those players next year anyways. The others being Gallo (Melos position) and Mosgov (really? Who gives a +!!%?) Stop looking at the short term and look at the long term guys. They are basically 1 player away from challenging the Heat or Bulls in the ECF every year. They will be in the Finals in the next 3 years more than likely.
im not really going to argue about the cba and the franchise tag, because that is unpredictable...but there was a very good chance it wasnt going to be implemented due to the potential lock out of many teams...
as for the bench, knicks had one of the better bench in the league...esp since dantoni would use chandler as the 6th man with douglas coming into the game with him. Even though we didn't have much depth, dantoni's 8 man rotation worked for our bench.
And 3/5 of the players we traded were not going to leave during off season. Chandler was the possible player that was going to be traded and who cares about anthony randolph. Gallo, felton, and mozgov were going to stay in the knicks for quite awhile until this melodrama happened.
Even with melo and stat, we're not going to any finals. If you look at the history of nba and all the teams that went to the finals (conference finals too), every team had a strong defense in the paint. As of now, knicks have 0.

The Knicks are fine. And would have lost 3/5 of those players next year anyways. The others being Gallo (Melos position) and Mosgov (really? Who gives a +!!%?) Stop looking at the short term and look at the long term guys. They are basically 1 player away from challenging the Heat or Bulls in the ECF every year. They will be in the Finals in the next 3 years more than likely.
im not really going to argue about the cba and the franchise tag, because that is unpredictable...but there was a very good chance it wasnt going to be implemented due to the potential lock out of many teams...
as for the bench, knicks had one of the better bench in the league...esp since dantoni would use chandler as the 6th man with douglas coming into the game with him. Even though we didn't have much depth, dantoni's 8 man rotation worked for our bench.
And 3/5 of the players we traded were not going to leave during off season. Chandler was the possible player that was going to be traded and who cares about anthony randolph. Gallo, felton, and mozgov were going to stay in the knicks for quite awhile until this melodrama happened.
Even with melo and stat, we're not going to any finals. If you look at the history of nba and all the teams that went to the finals (conference finals too), every team had a strong defense in the paint. As of now, knicks have 0.

how much worse do the nets look

they have struck out with so many players and they hhad that blueprint for success billboard up smh

how much worse do the nets look

they have struck out with so many players and they hhad that blueprint for success billboard up smh

Who was on our bench in the first place anyway? We still have Douglas, Walker, Shawne Williams, Turiaf, off the bench. We weren't exactly that deep in the first place.
People need to realize some things... A. Carmelo wanted the money, he could have easily signed an extension with Denver in fear of losing out on his extension. The CBA could bring in franchise tags and the Knicks wouldn't have a chance. 

B. Wilson Chandler would need to be renounced if they wanted to sign Melo in the offseason, so that plus he's a RFA and that makes sense. Felton for Billups is a wash IMO, we didn't have Ray's bird rights plus the main goal is still CP3 or Deron.

C. It basically comes down to Gallinari and Mozgov for Carmelo Anthony. Moz if he reaches his ceiling can be a key part in a good team with size, rebounding, and shot blocking... but he's already 25, who knows how much better he gets. Gallinari is a different story, he could develop into something special if he gets some consistency in his game. But would he ever be better than Melo?

Who was on our bench in the first place anyway? We still have Douglas, Walker, Shawne Williams, Turiaf, off the bench. We weren't exactly that deep in the first place.
People need to realize some things... A. Carmelo wanted the money, he could have easily signed an extension with Denver in fear of losing out on his extension. The CBA could bring in franchise tags and the Knicks wouldn't have a chance. 

B. Wilson Chandler would need to be renounced if they wanted to sign Melo in the offseason, so that plus he's a RFA and that makes sense. Felton for Billups is a wash IMO, we didn't have Ray's bird rights plus the main goal is still CP3 or Deron.

C. It basically comes down to Gallinari and Mozgov for Carmelo Anthony. Moz if he reaches his ceiling can be a key part in a good team with size, rebounding, and shot blocking... but he's already 25, who knows how much better he gets. Gallinari is a different story, he could develop into something special if he gets some consistency in his game. But would he ever be better than Melo?

Y'all need to realize we're a .500 team with the team we had!

.500!

Y'all are acting that the players we lost made us an elite team in the first place

Even with our weakened bench we have a much better chance than going .500 the rest of the way with Melo in the mix.

Y'all need to realize we're a .500 team with the team we had!

.500!

Y'all are acting that the players we lost made us an elite team in the first place

Even with our weakened bench we have a much better chance than going .500 the rest of the way with Melo in the mix.

idk why I'm so excited about this move because I'm a Bulls fan.
but I'm loving that Melo is a Knick now

idk why I'm so excited about this move because I'm a Bulls fan.
but I'm loving that Melo is a Knick now

Originally Posted by jehims

Wrong. Curry, Chandler, and Felton were all gone this summer. And AR now I guess so 4/6 now. The Knicks werent gonna give Felton the money and years he will want because he isnt the long term fix for this team. He was a bandaid until they can try and get D Will or CP3 next year around this time (or FA). And he just happened to mesh really well with the Pick n Roll with Amare. They got more than they bargained for with Felton and he was expendable. They have plenty of bench help right now with the system D'antoni runs they will be fine.

Like I said the only real piece they lost was Gallo. And considering A. he plays Melo's position. and B. he will never ever be the same player Melo is they got more than enough to call this a win for them.

Ok for the sake of argument I wont say your wrong since im obviously not in the Knicks FO. But its pretty clear Felton wasnt the PG they had in mind for the future. And you cant disregard the fact that maybe there will be a franchise tag. Cuz if Melo waited it out and it comes up Everyone and their mother would have said Melo was an idiot for not taking the money and going somewhere now. He did wat was best for him and the Knicks got their man. Everyone won. Even Denver. Just gotta see where things go from here with the team.

Originally Posted by jehims

Wrong. Curry, Chandler, and Felton were all gone this summer. And AR now I guess so 4/6 now. The Knicks werent gonna give Felton the money and years he will want because he isnt the long term fix for this team. He was a bandaid until they can try and get D Will or CP3 next year around this time (or FA). And he just happened to mesh really well with the Pick n Roll with Amare. They got more than they bargained for with Felton and he was expendable. They have plenty of bench help right now with the system D'antoni runs they will be fine.

Like I said the only real piece they lost was Gallo. And considering A. he plays Melo's position. and B. he will never ever be the same player Melo is they got more than enough to call this a win for them.

Ok for the sake of argument I wont say your wrong since im obviously not in the Knicks FO. But its pretty clear Felton wasnt the PG they had in mind for the future. And you cant disregard the fact that maybe there will be a franchise tag. Cuz if Melo waited it out and it comes up Everyone and their mother would have said Melo was an idiot for not taking the money and going somewhere now. He did wat was best for him and the Knicks got their man. Everyone won. Even Denver. Just gotta see where things go from here with the team.

Originally Posted by kix2mny

http://nyp.st/epmnAC

Check out why this was a good trade.
Great article.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. We're trying to compete with a Heat team that's hurt (Haslem), always getting better and still tied for 1st in the East after a slow start.
Isiah...Isiah... If he's back like it seems like he is, then it makes a lot of sense how this trade turned out. Because the Nuggets didn't have the leverage to hold Melo hostage, until randomly they did, because Zeke and Dolan took over the trade talks and could care less who we traded for Melo. Yeah the players weren't that great; they're replaceable; we were probably gonna lose them anyways sooner or later. But it ignores the fact that in one or two days we went from the new Knicks way of doing things back to the old Knicks way of doing things.

Isiah is poison. He has it in him to push us from being this newest generation of Lakers to being last decade's Mavs. There's something wrong with him and that guy who enables him. It'll definitely go better than last time, because I don't think you can kill a 2- and maybe 3-franchise player team by being a bad GM. But I don't want to watch him try.

And for me the trade's over. We Knicks fans had a taste of every one of these players being gone this season, except Felton (but a good run of games where he's trying his best for 15 pts on 20 shots was just about the same). After Jamal, Lee and Naterob, we're kinda used to it. I mean we !%%@$%! got Melo. But if Isiah is back too. He's our real life Freddy Kreuger.

Originally Posted by kix2mny

http://nyp.st/epmnAC

Check out why this was a good trade.
Great article.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. We're trying to compete with a Heat team that's hurt (Haslem), always getting better and still tied for 1st in the East after a slow start.
Isiah...Isiah... If he's back like it seems like he is, then it makes a lot of sense how this trade turned out. Because the Nuggets didn't have the leverage to hold Melo hostage, until randomly they did, because Zeke and Dolan took over the trade talks and could care less who we traded for Melo. Yeah the players weren't that great; they're replaceable; we were probably gonna lose them anyways sooner or later. But it ignores the fact that in one or two days we went from the new Knicks way of doing things back to the old Knicks way of doing things.

Isiah is poison. He has it in him to push us from being this newest generation of Lakers to being last decade's Mavs. There's something wrong with him and that guy who enables him. It'll definitely go better than last time, because I don't think you can kill a 2- and maybe 3-franchise player team by being a bad GM. But I don't want to watch him try.

And for me the trade's over. We Knicks fans had a taste of every one of these players being gone this season, except Felton (but a good run of games where he's trying his best for 15 pts on 20 shots was just about the same). After Jamal, Lee and Naterob, we're kinda used to it. I mean we !%%@$%! got Melo. But if Isiah is back too. He's our real life Freddy Kreuger.

Why do y'all still think Isiah helped with the trade?!

Don't tell me y'all fell for that Yahoo! Sports article...

Dolan was the one who pushed for this trade to get done.

Hell, isiah was the one reportedly saying to Dolan that Melo would come here specifically in the offseason.

There is NO WAY that Isiah comes back to the Knicks cuz even with Dolans ego, even he KNOWS that bringing back Isiah in the front office would be such a horrible PR move and will turn off ALOT of people.It's true Isiah will always have Dolan's ear but he will never have a position with the FO again with the Knicks.

Why do y'all still think Isiah helped with the trade?!

Don't tell me y'all fell for that Yahoo! Sports article...

Dolan was the one who pushed for this trade to get done.

Hell, isiah was the one reportedly saying to Dolan that Melo would come here specifically in the offseason.

There is NO WAY that Isiah comes back to the Knicks cuz even with Dolans ego, even he KNOWS that bringing back Isiah in the front office would be such a horrible PR move and will turn off ALOT of people.It's true Isiah will always have Dolan's ear but he will never have a position with the FO again with the Knicks.

Real !*@@#* up I'll never be able to support foolie anymore considering I supported him since Oak Hill. Real !*@@#* Up
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Real !*@@#* up I'll never be able to support foolie anymore considering I supported him since Oak Hill. Real !*@@#* Up
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

All this CP3/ williams talk i just dont know why everyone is pushing for this.... For the first time the knicks have two legit superstars that they can build around both of whom are top 3 scorers at their position so albeit another superstar guard may look good when trying to out duel the heat i dont see why its necessary. IMOP NY should shift ALL their attention to prying Dwight away from orlando. Him alone is such a big help on defense that i believe adding him is a championship guarantee.

All this CP3/ williams talk i just dont know why everyone is pushing for this.... For the first time the knicks have two legit superstars that they can build around both of whom are top 3 scorers at their position so albeit another superstar guard may look good when trying to out duel the heat i dont see why its necessary. IMOP NY should shift ALL their attention to prying Dwight away from orlando. Him alone is such a big help on defense that i believe adding him is a championship guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom