Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

With the new CBA, how will the Knicks afford to pay another superstar MAX $$? They'd have to take a significant pay cut to play in NY. We'll see who's all about "winning."

QFT.  I don't think they'll have the space to pick up one of those big three in 2012.  Even if they try to work a trade, who's taking a Balkman's backloaded contract back?  After a night of sleeping on it, this trade still doesn't sit well with me at all.  I've maintained from the start that you need to take that risk of waiting until the offseason if he TRULY wanted to only come to play for the Knicks.  The franchise tag may have put a block to that for a year but there'd still be flexibility there to work a signing the next summer and still manage to put a decent team on the court.

Dolan got swindled.  Donnie has every reason to not come back in April even if they offered him an extension.  He was sticking to his guns to be patient and not sell the team for Melo.  It's always going to be in the back of his head that no matter what direction he tries to take the team, Dolan will find a way to screw it up.  IT is in his ear no matter what and this is just the beginning of things to come.

I hope Gallo end up on the Clippers, that'll be my second fav team

And will re-sign with us :ohwell:

I hope Gallo end up on the Clippers, that'll be my second fav team

And will re-sign with us :ohwell:

Originally Posted by Proshares

With the new CBA, how will the Knicks afford to pay another superstar MAX $$? They'd have to take a significant pay cut to play in NY. We'll see who's all about "winning."

QFT.  I don't think they'll have the space to pick up one of those big three in 2012.  Even if they try to work a trade, who's taking a Balkman's backloaded contract back?  After a night of sleeping on it, this trade still doesn't sit well with me at all.  I've maintained from the start that you need to take that risk of waiting until the offseason if he TRULY wanted to only come to play for the Knicks.  The franchise tag may have put a block to that for a year but there'd still be flexibility there to work a signing the next summer and still manage to put a decent team on the court.

Dolan got swindled.  Donnie has every reason to not come back in April even if they offered him an extension.  He was sticking to his guns to be patient and not sell the team for Melo.  It's always going to be in the back of his head that no matter what direction he tries to take the team, Dolan will find a way to screw it up.  IT is in his ear no matter what and this is just the beginning of things to come.

Silver Linings.
pimp.gif

Silver Linings.
pimp.gif

This is a great deal for the Knicks. They wont do much this year but it sets them up for getting D Williams or Chris Paul, Chris would be a better fit IMO.

This is a great deal for the Knicks. They wont do much this year but it sets them up for getting D Williams or Chris Paul, Chris would be a better fit IMO.

I could have sworn Tim Duncan did some kind of rework of his contract, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, the same situation will be in effect next season when CP3/Deron/D12...Dallas, NY, LA...start making your bids now

I could have sworn Tim Duncan did some kind of rework of his contract, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, the same situation will be in effect next season when CP3/Deron/D12...Dallas, NY, LA...start making your bids now

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

They won't be able to sign either or them unless these guys are taking a nice pay cut, which I doubt will happen anyway.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

They won't be able to sign either or them unless these guys are taking a nice pay cut, which I doubt will happen anyway.

so i guess jordan brand must be loving this as well. lots of knicks colorways to come for melo and jordan brand to try to sell even more. win win for everybody.

so i guess jordan brand must be loving this as well. lots of knicks colorways to come for melo and jordan brand to try to sell even more. win win for everybody.

Originally Posted by frshstunna

its going to be amare and melo carrying that team for a while....idk if they can win with just those two
they can't.  Knicks fans maybe don't understand what they've been asking for with Melo.  I am reminded of all the bandwagon Nuggets fans that appeared when we got AI, and how they thought the Nuggets were all of  a sudden a contender.  guess what?  they weren't any better than the year prior, and they still crapped out in the playoffs.  that's what the Knicks have to look forward to.  good luck with that.  the Nuggets might suck for a while, but at least they won't have the pressure of being expected to win a championship with Melo now.  that's on NY.  the Knicks have to wait out the Celtics before they even have a shot at their division, much less advancing in the playoffs.  like many analysts are saying, the trade makes NY better, but not a competitor with the elite teams in the east.  Knicks fans will be happy for now, but after 3 or 4 years with no success, that tune will change quickly. 

Originally Posted by frshstunna

its going to be amare and melo carrying that team for a while....idk if they can win with just those two
they can't.  Knicks fans maybe don't understand what they've been asking for with Melo.  I am reminded of all the bandwagon Nuggets fans that appeared when we got AI, and how they thought the Nuggets were all of  a sudden a contender.  guess what?  they weren't any better than the year prior, and they still crapped out in the playoffs.  that's what the Knicks have to look forward to.  good luck with that.  the Nuggets might suck for a while, but at least they won't have the pressure of being expected to win a championship with Melo now.  that's on NY.  the Knicks have to wait out the Celtics before they even have a shot at their division, much less advancing in the playoffs.  like many analysts are saying, the trade makes NY better, but not a competitor with the elite teams in the east.  Knicks fans will be happy for now, but after 3 or 4 years with no success, that tune will change quickly. 

Yeah man...I feel so bad for Walsh.  Everything that he most likely envisioned for the Knicks is down the toilet. 

I read this ont he BDL blog:

But these are your Knicks, New York. And though Anthony will be an improvement over Gallinari, he won't help the team on the defensive end. He'll help the squad offensively, where the Knicks are ranked eighth overall, but that will only go so far. He won't help the team's interior defense, he won't help the squad's transition offense, and he won't help Chauncey Billups pretend that it's 2006 all over again. He will score over 20 points per game, sometimes he'll make more than half his shots, and in the 2013-14 season he will earn nearly half as much as the NBA salary cap is for that particular season. Again, it's not the trade, it's the extension.

Knicks fans -- and the New York-area columnists that double as mouthpieces for Isiah Thomas -- can prattle on all they want about how free agents will look past money from other outlets to come play for New York. Because of AAU history or the supposed love of Isiah's game, even if Isiah retired well before some upcoming free agents were even allowed to watch cable at night. What we do know now is that Anthony and Stoudemire could make about 80 percent of New York's cap-allowed payroll following this summer's lockout, and Billups won't help. Walsh put together a plan for the summer of 2012, and as it stands the Knicks will have just Stoudemire and Anthony on the books. But with those two set to make about $40 million combined on a salary cap that might only be around $48 million or so, what's the point?

And who's the point guard? Chris Paul(notes)? Because he liked Isiah when he was in diapers? Come on.

This is what happens when you let star-kissers run your team.

the last line of the article:

Just enjoy this moment, New York. Because this moment doesn't promise anything beyond what it's already given you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...melo-Anthony?urn=nba-324760#remaining-content

Yeah man...I feel so bad for Walsh.  Everything that he most likely envisioned for the Knicks is down the toilet. 

But these are your Knicks, New York. And though Anthony will be an improvement over Gallinari, he won't help the team on the defensive end. He'll help the squad offensively, where the Knicks are ranked eighth overall, but that will only go so far. He won't help the team's interior defense, he won't help the squad's transition offense, and he won't help Chauncey Billups pretend that it's 2006 all over again. He will score over 20 points per game, sometimes he'll make more than half his shots, and in the 2013-14 season he will earn nearly half as much as the NBA salary cap is for that particular season. Again, it's not the trade, it's the extension.

Knicks fans -- and the New York-area columnists that double as mouthpieces for Isiah Thomas -- can prattle on all they want about how free agents will look past money from other outlets to come play for New York. Because of AAU history or the supposed love of Isiah's game, even if Isiah retired well before some upcoming free agents were even allowed to watch cable at night. What we do know now is that Anthony and Stoudemire could make about 80 percent of New York's cap-allowed payroll following this summer's lockout, and Billups won't help. Walsh put together a plan for the summer of 2012, and as it stands the Knicks will have just Stoudemire and Anthony on the books. But with those two set to make about $40 million combined on a salary cap that might only be around $48 million or so, what's the point?

And who's the point guard? Chris Paul(notes)? Because he liked Isiah when he was in diapers? Come on.

Just enjoy this moment, New York. Because this moment doesn't promise anything beyond what it's already given you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...melo-Anthony?urn=nba-324760#remaining-content

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Getting a defensive center (Dalembert please) will make us a top 3 team in the East. Besides that we're still a year or 2 away

Cory Brewer / Turiaf / Balkman / S. Williams for Dalembert
Let's throw in Bill Walker for the hell of it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You got anymore of those picks?
2015?
The Kings won't be in Sacramento by then. Just include Douglas in the trade for Sammy, we need a scorer off the bench. Anthony Carter should be a serviceable back up for you guys. 

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Getting a defensive center (Dalembert please) will make us a top 3 team in the East. Besides that we're still a year or 2 away

Cory Brewer / Turiaf / Balkman / S. Williams for Dalembert
Let's throw in Bill Walker for the hell of it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You got anymore of those picks?
2015?
The Kings won't be in Sacramento by then. Just include Douglas in the trade for Sammy, we need a scorer off the bench. Anthony Carter should be a serviceable back up for you guys. 

Originally Posted by tyisny

All this CP3/ williams talk i just dont know why everyone is pushing for this.... For the first time the knicks have two legit superstars that they can build around both of whom are top 3 scorers at their position so albeit another superstar guard may look good when trying to out duel the heat i dont see why its necessary. IMOP NY should shift ALL their attention to prying Dwight away from orlando. Him alone is such a big help on defense that i believe adding him is a championship guarantee.
the knicks are not getting another superstar
especially with all the hard cap talk

Originally Posted by tyisny

All this CP3/ williams talk i just dont know why everyone is pushing for this.... For the first time the knicks have two legit superstars that they can build around both of whom are top 3 scorers at their position so albeit another superstar guard may look good when trying to out duel the heat i dont see why its necessary. IMOP NY should shift ALL their attention to prying Dwight away from orlando. Him alone is such a big help on defense that i believe adding him is a championship guarantee.
the knicks are not getting another superstar
especially with all the hard cap talk

If this is in fact the case...

47832_o.gif

If this is in fact the case...

47832_o.gif

Back
Top Bottom