Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

There is NO WAY that Isiah comes back to the Knicks cuz even with Dolans ego, even he KNOWS that bringing back Isiah in the front office would be such a horrible PR move and will turn off ALOT of people.It's true Isiah will always have Dolan's ear but he will never have a position with the FO again with the Knicks.
Wait, did you miss when Dolan tried to bring Zeke back and Stern blocked that move earlier in the season?? How could you say there is "NO WAY" Dolan would bring him back? Dolan could give a ##%! about PR moves.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Honestly, I'm confident in saying that as long as Isiah is still underthe Knicks umbrella and James Dolan still owns the team, they won't win a championship.
Fixed.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

There is NO WAY that Isiah comes back to the Knicks cuz even with Dolans ego, even he KNOWS that bringing back Isiah in the front office would be such a horrible PR move and will turn off ALOT of people.It's true Isiah will always have Dolan's ear but he will never have a position with the FO again with the Knicks.
Wait, did you miss when Dolan tried to bring Zeke back and Stern blocked that move earlier in the season?? How could you say there is "NO WAY" Dolan would bring him back? Dolan could give a ##%! about PR moves.

Honestly, I'm confident in saying that as long as Isiah is still underthe Knicks umbrella and James Dolan still owns the team, they won't win a championship.
Fixed.

If Dwight makes it to FA then he will def be the big fish next year. Only thing waiting to be seen is if there will be this much of a circus around the deadline for him. Who knows how Dwight plays it next year. It prolly all depends on the playoffs if they get knocked 1st rd and Dwight gets no help like Melo last year. Then he may have some things to say and he may not make it to FA.

The thing wit Orlando is they have shown they are willing to make moves to try and make the team better. That may be enough to keep Dwight. Granted they havnt all worked. But Dwight said he needed help defensively and guys who wanted to play and a week later Orlando made moves to get rid of their problem guys.

As for CP and D Will. They've pretty much made it clear that things arent working where they are at (CP more so). So for now those are gonna be the guys that are talked about.

If Dwight makes it to FA then he will def be the big fish next year. Only thing waiting to be seen is if there will be this much of a circus around the deadline for him. Who knows how Dwight plays it next year. It prolly all depends on the playoffs if they get knocked 1st rd and Dwight gets no help like Melo last year. Then he may have some things to say and he may not make it to FA.

The thing wit Orlando is they have shown they are willing to make moves to try and make the team better. That may be enough to keep Dwight. Granted they havnt all worked. But Dwight said he needed help defensively and guys who wanted to play and a week later Orlando made moves to get rid of their problem guys.

As for CP and D Will. They've pretty much made it clear that things arent working where they are at (CP more so). So for now those are gonna be the guys that are talked about.

why do people say We don't have a bench?

our bench consisted of

Wilson, douglas, Turiaf, Walker and S williams

with the new trade were going to have

Brewer, Sheldon willaims , Shuan williams, Carter, Walker and douglas

seems like about the same and maybe a lot better.. not saying were as deep as Dallas, but we can work with it..

why do people say We don't have a bench?

our bench consisted of

Wilson, douglas, Turiaf, Walker and S williams

with the new trade were going to have

Brewer, Sheldon willaims , Shuan williams, Carter, Walker and douglas

seems like about the same and maybe a lot better.. not saying were as deep as Dallas, but we can work with it..

With the new CBA, how will the Knicks afford to pay another superstar MAX $$? They'd have to take a significant pay cut to play in NY. We'll see who's all about "winning."

With the new CBA, how will the Knicks afford to pay another superstar MAX $$? They'd have to take a significant pay cut to play in NY. We'll see who's all about "winning."

Unless a hard cap falls all the way to 50 mil or something from the 68 million it is this season, they should be fine. Amare and Melo will be the only guaranteed contracts after next season making about 20 mil each I guess, with the new CBA in place max contracts are going to fall across the board anyway so the most that CP3/Deron/D12 can ultimately make is likely to fall as well.

What they end up doing about all the exceptions and a potential franchise tag could also have an effect as well. But the important thing is they've put a very attractive position for one of those guys to want to come to the Big Apple with STAT and now Melo being there.

And who knows, by the summer of 2012, these guys may be willing to restructure their contracts ala the Miami Heat to be able to surround themselves with more complementary pieces.

Unless a hard cap falls all the way to 50 mil or something from the 68 million it is this season, they should be fine. Amare and Melo will be the only guaranteed contracts after next season making about 20 mil each I guess, with the new CBA in place max contracts are going to fall across the board anyway so the most that CP3/Deron/D12 can ultimately make is likely to fall as well.

What they end up doing about all the exceptions and a potential franchise tag could also have an effect as well. But the important thing is they've put a very attractive position for one of those guys to want to come to the Big Apple with STAT and now Melo being there.

And who knows, by the summer of 2012, these guys may be willing to restructure their contracts ala the Miami Heat to be able to surround themselves with more complementary pieces.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

From ESPN...

Even if the NBA lowers the maximum salary that players like Paul, Williams or Howard can make in 2012 or if it rolls back salaries on existing contracts, it's highly unlikely the Knicks will have the cap space to pay them anything close to the max. Virtually any lowering of salaries is likely to be proportional to the drop in the cap. So, at best, the Knicks will have $11.5 million in cap space. At worst, it could be considerably less.

From ESPN...

Even if the NBA lowers the maximum salary that players like Paul, Williams or Howard can make in 2012 or if it rolls back salaries on existing contracts, it's highly unlikely the Knicks will have the cap space to pay them anything close to the max. Virtually any lowering of salaries is likely to be proportional to the drop in the cap. So, at best, the Knicks will have $11.5 million in cap space. At worst, it could be considerably less.

So glad the Melo drama is over, happy that he got what he wanted too, he still gets the 65 mil extension but with the Knicks right?

Kinda feel bad for Billups, wanted him to retire in Denver.

So glad the Melo drama is over, happy that he got what he wanted too, he still gets the 65 mil extension but with the Knicks right?

Kinda feel bad for Billups, wanted him to retire in Denver.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

*calls C. Anthony #13 from now on*

laugh.gif
jk but I am salty my favorite player went to the Knicks. Please try and get him a ring guys but don't let DubA169 go to the parade
roll.gif
laugh.gif
I see what you did there

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

*calls C. Anthony #13 from now on*

laugh.gif
jk but I am salty my favorite player went to the Knicks. Please try and get him a ring guys but don't let DubA169 go to the parade
roll.gif
laugh.gif
I see what you did there

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

New York gave away a lot of good players. Denver got better and younger, basically lost nothing (in terms of scoring)
IMO Denver got away with murder, New York has no bench whatsoever now, who's gonna score off the bench anyone got an idea?
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

So trading away one of, if not THE best offensive talents in the league is "basically losing nothing (in terms of scoring)" ?
laugh.gif

I meant to say Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari will make up for his 25 ppg

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

New York gave away a lot of good players. Denver got better and younger, basically lost nothing (in terms of scoring)
IMO Denver got away with murder, New York has no bench whatsoever now, who's gonna score off the bench anyone got an idea?
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

So trading away one of, if not THE best offensive talents in the league is "basically losing nothing (in terms of scoring)" ?
laugh.gif

I meant to say Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari will make up for his 25 ppg

Good trade for both teams...the knicks add another star and denver gets something for melo when he was gonna leave anyway...

The only thing is the knicks should have held on to gallo or felton, they would need them for the future..cp3, dwill or dwight would not be able to come to ny if the new cba goes through so its going to be amare and melo carrying that team for a while....idk if they can win with just those two, melo could barely get out of the first round in denver now he has to play the celtics, heat and magic? Lol

Good trade for both teams...the knicks add another star and denver gets something for melo when he was gonna leave anyway...

The only thing is the knicks should have held on to gallo or felton, they would need them for the future..cp3, dwill or dwight would not be able to come to ny if the new cba goes through so its going to be amare and melo carrying that team for a while....idk if they can win with just those two, melo could barely get out of the first round in denver now he has to play the celtics, heat and magic? Lol

From ESPN...

You can't restructure contracts ex post facto. Also, a maximum yearly of 8% is allowed. Of course, these rules could change with the next CBA but why would they? 20 small market owners should have something to say about any changes to these rules, I would assume.
For any big-name FA to go to NY, they MUST take a paycut. They have nothing to trade. I made these points last night. The Knicks are who they are, save for a MLE and a couple vet min signings in the offseason. 

From ESPN...

You can't restructure contracts ex post facto. Also, a maximum yearly of 8% is allowed. Of course, these rules could change with the next CBA but why would they? 20 small market owners should have something to say about any changes to these rules, I would assume.
For any big-name FA to go to NY, they MUST take a paycut. They have nothing to trade. I made these points last night. The Knicks are who they are, save for a MLE and a couple vet min signings in the offseason. 

QFT.  I don't think they'll have the space to pick up one of those big three in 2012.  Even if they try to work a trade, who's taking a Balkman's backloaded contract back?  After a night of sleeping on it, this trade still doesn't sit well with me at all.  I've maintained from the start that you need to take that risk of waiting until the offseason if he TRULY wanted to only come to play for the Knicks.  The franchise tag may have put a block to that for a year but there'd still be flexibility there to work a signing the next summer and still manage to put a decent team on the court.

Dolan got swindled.  Donnie has every reason to not come back in April even if they offered him an extension.  He was sticking to his guns to be patient and not sell the team for Melo.  It's always going to be in the back of his head that no matter what direction he tries to take the team, Dolan will find a way to screw it up.  IT is in his ear no matter what and this is just the beginning of things to come.

Back
Top Bottom