Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

I dont get it, why didnt just NY wait until the end of the season to sign him? Werent all signs pointing that Melo was wanting to play in NY anyway? They gave up too much IMO, when they couldve just signed him. Did NY have to get him via trade because they couldnt sign him to a max deal during the off season? Just want to know, I havent been following this melo trade talk much.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

should the lakers try to trade for felton now? since denver is trying to flip him?

He would be a good fit in LA imo
anybody other than fish or steve blake would be a good fit, his contract is small. if i where the lakers id try to give up bynum and like artest or brown/draft pick for nene and felton. especially if nene refuses to sign his extention.

nene
pau
barnes
kobe
felton

lamar and trash of the bench....

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

should the lakers try to trade for felton now? since denver is trying to flip him?

He would be a good fit in LA imo
anybody other than fish or steve blake would be a good fit, his contract is small. if i where the lakers id try to give up bynum and like artest or brown/draft pick for nene and felton. especially if nene refuses to sign his extention.

nene
pau
barnes
kobe
felton

lamar and trash of the bench....

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

I dont get it, why didnt just NY wait until the end of the season to sign him? Werent all signs pointing that Melo was wanting to play in NY anyway? They gave up too much IMO, when they couldve just signed him. Did NY have to get him via trade because they couldnt sign him to a max deal during the off season? Just want to know, I havent been following this melo trade talk much.

they didnt want to risk it, because there is a collective bargaining agreement coming up. so right now he can sign a 3-year $65 million contract extention. but after the agreement, that could drop to $45 million. so they were afraid with the CBA, melo might end up signing back with Denver before that, if it looks like that is the route the CBA will go. And if they signed Melo in the off-season, they still would not have enough money to re-sign chandler. so wilson was going to be gone anyways.  so in a sense, they really traded mozgov, gallo, felton, picks, for chauncey and melo and all that other crap. because more than likely wilson was not going to be a knick next season.

personally chauncey >>>>>>>> felton. i bet you felton goes back to being crap on denver (even though i would want the lakers to actually trade for him) and melo >>>>>>> mozgov and gallo, and picks.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

they didnt want to risk it, because there is a collective bargaining agreement coming up. so right now he can sign a 3-year $65 million contract extention. but after the agreement, that could drop to $45 million. so they were afraid with the CBA, melo might end up signing back with Denver before that, if it looks like that is the route the CBA will go. And if they signed Melo in the off-season, they still would not have enough money to re-sign chandler. so wilson was going to be gone anyways.  so in a sense, they really traded mozgov, gallo, felton, picks, for chauncey and melo and all that other crap. because more than likely wilson was not going to be a knick next season.

personally chauncey >>>>>>>> felton. i bet you felton goes back to being crap on denver (even though i would want the lakers to actually trade for him) and melo >>>>>>> mozgov and gallo, and picks.

Felton would be dope in LA, but doubt we can get him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

if i where the lakers id try to give up bynum and like artest or brown/draft pick for nene and felton.

Way to throw away the 2011 championship ring
laugh.gif
nene > bynum and right now barnes > than artest, so if we trade him we havent lost... getting felton > than having fish start. so I have no idea what youre laughing at. where you one of those people who didnt wouldnt trade bynum for melo either?

if i where the lakers id try to give up bynum and like artest or brown/draft pick for nene and felton.

laugh.gif
nene > bynum and right now barnes > than artest, so if we trade him we havent lost... getting felton > than having fish start. so I have no idea what youre laughing at. where you one of those people who didnt wouldnt trade bynum for melo either?

laugh.gif

F all that  I just want smush back

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif

you jerk, bro.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

you jerk, bro.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

What you did there has been seen

laugh.gif

What you did there has been seen

New York gave away a lot of good players. Denver got better and younger, basically lost nothing (in terms of scoring)
IMO Denver got away with murder, New York has no bench whatsoever now, who's gonna score off the bench anyone got an idea?
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

New York gave away a lot of good players. Denver got better and younger, basically lost nothing (in terms of scoring)
IMO Denver got away with murder, New York has no bench whatsoever now, who's gonna score off the bench anyone got an idea?
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]