Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

The Knicks add a legit superstar but they arent better than the Heat, Magic, Celtics, Bulls, etc. Wake me up in 2012-2013 when they add the 3rd and final star player to the puzzle...CP3 or Deron.

Even with Melo they arent going to win a playoff series this season and probably not next as well.

Nonetheless, it's fun being a Knicks fan again. Although the team is far from being contenders atleast they play an exciting style and have 2 of the best players in the league and atleast they have a chance at being very competitive 2 seasons from now.

The Knicks add a legit superstar but they arent better than the Heat, Magic, Celtics, Bulls, etc. Wake me up in 2012-2013 when they add the 3rd and final star player to the puzzle...CP3 or Deron.

Even with Melo they arent going to win a playoff series this season and probably not next as well.

Nonetheless, it's fun being a Knicks fan again. Although the team is far from being contenders atleast they play an exciting style and have 2 of the best players in the league and atleast they have a chance at being very competitive 2 seasons from now.

C.Anthony going to NY for the remainder of the season, to only sign a long-term deal with the Nets, would be a great idea. For him to stay as a Knick with Mikes' system to win a title is a joke. No pun.

C.Anthony going to NY for the remainder of the season, to only sign a long-term deal with the Nets, would be a great idea. For him to stay as a Knick with Mikes' system to win a title is a joke. No pun.

Originally Posted by B1acMan365

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

316okcz.jpg

316okcz.jpg

*calls C. Anthony #13 from now on*

laugh.gif
jk but I am salty my favorite player went to the Knicks. Please try and get him a ring guys but don't let DubA169 go to the parade
roll.gif

*calls C. Anthony #13 from now on*

laugh.gif
jk but I am salty my favorite player went to the Knicks. Please try and get him a ring guys but don't let DubA169 go to the parade
roll.gif

lol at some of you...
if you know anything about basketball, ya'll would know we didn't really improve anything.
I really think walsh coud have made a better trade, maybe the day before the trade deadline...but dolan/isiah gave into denver's bluffs.
We lost a lot of role and potential star players in this trade for melo and a rental - billups (who didnt even want to leave denver). Our bench is terrible with no depth.
Whoever said melo/stat is comparable to kobe/gasol is waaaaaaaay off. Kobe and Gasol actually played good defense and was a threat to the other team's offense. We still don't have defense...but hey, we STILL have offense right? The offense that we had before, where we were ranked the top 5 in scoring, but almost the worst in defense. There was even a possibility of melo coming to the knicks without giving up anyone in the offseason...but too late for that now.
And for those who think we could get a 3rd superstar, you guys are completely stupid. Don't you know about the new CBA that can change the whole salary cap issue. lol....for those that don't know, melo is signing a 65 mil 3 year contract, which means we dont have enough cap to get a 3rd superstar like cp3 or deron williams.
Yes, im salty. But I am looking forward to seeing melo drop 40 against the bucks on wed

lol at some of you...
if you know anything about basketball, ya'll would know we didn't really improve anything.
I really think walsh coud have made a better trade, maybe the day before the trade deadline...but dolan/isiah gave into denver's bluffs.
We lost a lot of role and potential star players in this trade for melo and a rental - billups (who didnt even want to leave denver). Our bench is terrible with no depth.
Whoever said melo/stat is comparable to kobe/gasol is waaaaaaaay off. Kobe and Gasol actually played good defense and was a threat to the other team's offense. We still don't have defense...but hey, we STILL have offense right? The offense that we had before, where we were ranked the top 5 in scoring, but almost the worst in defense. There was even a possibility of melo coming to the knicks without giving up anyone in the offseason...but too late for that now.
And for those who think we could get a 3rd superstar, you guys are completely stupid. Don't you know about the new CBA that can change the whole salary cap issue. lol....for those that don't know, melo is signing a 65 mil 3 year contract, which means we dont have enough cap to get a 3rd superstar like cp3 or deron williams.
Yes, im salty. But I am looking forward to seeing melo drop 40 against the bucks on wed

You act like the Nets are a better team than the Knicks. Also, no way NY would trade for Melo if he doesn't sign that extension

You act like the Nets are a better team than the Knicks. Also, no way NY would trade for Melo if he doesn't sign that extension

knicks don't really need another superstar. Maybe some above average players a la odom, a couple of shooters that play defense, and a defensive/rebounding big man. 

knicks don't really need another superstar. Maybe some above average players a la odom, a couple of shooters that play defense, and a defensive/rebounding big man. 

I dont get it, why didnt just NY wait until the end of the season to sign him? Werent all signs pointing that Melo was wanting to play in NY anyway? They gave up too much IMO, when they couldve just signed him. Did NY have to get him via trade because they couldnt sign him to a max deal during the off season? Just want to know, I havent been following this melo trade talk much.

Back
Top Bottom