Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Getting a defensive center (Dalembert please) will make us a top 3 team in the East. Besides that we're still a year or 2 away

Cory Brewer / Turiaf / Balkman / S. Williams for Dalembert

Getting a defensive center (Dalembert please) will make us a top 3 team in the East. Besides that we're still a year or 2 away

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by srvballer

Can someone tell me why everyone is just brushing off the Knicks title chances this year?

And before you go off on me I'm not even saying there a top 5 team in the L but damn any team with two top 12 players should be considered a "title contender". I know they have many holes, not much depth, and don't really play defense and again I'm not saying I'd pick them over the Celtics or Heat. But would it be that crazy if they beat the Bulls, Magic or Hawks? They're a threat to beat anyone. Maybe not favored but c'mon now..
We went through something similar to this four years ago;

meloai.jpg

Kind of funny we can draw a parallel between these two trades.

This is not the same... All start SF and PF. Not SF and undersized SG. Amare don't even hold the ball like that, Melo does which is okay..

Melo/Amare is more of a Kobe/Gasol comparison.. than it is Melo/Iverson

Can someone tell me why everyone is just brushing off the Knicks title chances this year?

And before you go off on me I'm not even saying there a top 5 team in the L but damn any team with two top 12 players should be considered a "title contender". I know they have many holes, not much depth, and don't really play defense and again I'm not saying I'd pick them over the Celtics or Heat. But would it be that crazy if they beat the Bulls, Magic or Hawks? They're a threat to beat anyone. Maybe not favored but c'mon now..

meloai.jpg

This is not the same... All start SF and PF. Not SF and undersized SG. Amare don't even hold the ball like that, Melo does which is okay..

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Let's throw in Bill Walker for the hell of it.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ya?

laugh.gif
ya?

meloai.jpg

I understand that they're both scorers and not much else but they will be match nightmares for the other team. They both draw fouls and cause double teams.

Throw in Billups whose a great playoff PG/leader and I feel like they should have at least legit shot. I feel like it wouldn't be any kind of major upset if they beat anyone...

They have flaws like every other team not named the Celtics or Lakers but I still think they should be considered "title contenders"...

meloai.jpg

I understand that they're both scorers and not much else but they will be match nightmares for the other team. They both draw fouls and cause double teams.

Throw in Billups whose a great playoff PG/leader and I feel like they should have at least legit shot. I feel like it wouldn't be any kind of major upset if they beat anyone...

They have flaws like every other team not named the Celtics or Lakers but I still think they should be considered "title contenders"...

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You got anymore of those picks?
2015?

Back
Top Bottom