Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Well. It was a fun run in Denver. But time for a change of scenery. I hope Melo and Amare are going to pick up their defense in New York. No defense = no chip. Also, ouch at two 20M plus players on the roster. Oh well. Unless Billups doesn't stay, then this deal turned out as I wanted to. Melo and Billups is a come up.

can someone explain why billups was included in this deal? i dont understand the logic for denver to trade him also. melo and fillers would have been enough for that trade minus felton.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by HOOD17

It's finally over thank you based god.

If your the knicks who do you go after Cp3, D-Will, or Dwight? I say you go after Dwight.

May I ask how the Knicks can get any of those players? All 3 are worth max or near max contracts, especially Dwight. Melo and Amare are on the books 40+ mm (and increasing) for a while. Cap is 58mm and will probably decrease a little. They also have other players on the roster that get paid. It isn't happening in FA. They have no assets to trade. Thus, it isn't happening. 
Someone try to convince me otherwise. 
nerd.gif

Thats what I was thinking.....but all these people on ESPN are saying they have lots of flexibility...i dont know

it's all gonna depend on the CBA this summer. I know they are talking about reducing the cap but its going to be interesting to see if it's a hard cap that will be the thing that hurts teams

can someone explain why billups was included in this deal? i dont understand the logic for denver to trade him also. melo and fillers would have been enough for that trade minus felton.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

If your the knicks who do you go after Cp3, D-Will, or Dwight? I say you go after Dwight.

May I ask how the Knicks can get any of those players? All 3 are worth max or near max contracts, especially Dwight. Melo and Amare are on the books 40+ mm (and increasing) for a while. Cap is 58mm and will probably decrease a little. They also have other players on the roster that get paid. It isn't happening in FA. They have no assets to trade. Thus, it isn't happening. 
nerd.gif

Thats what I was thinking.....but all these people on ESPN are saying they have lots of flexibility...i dont know

it's all gonna depend on the CBA this summer. I know they are talking about reducing the cap but its going to be interesting to see if it's a hard cap that will be the thing that hurts teams

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

dudes keep saying "they need a real defensive center"...regurgitating what they hear on ESPN....sheep, all of you.
but the knicks do need a real defensive center
ohwell.gif

nerd.gif
They cant cause you are right. They cant get one of those other players for the money they will want.

nerd.gif
They cant cause you are right. They cant get one of those other players for the money they will want.

dudes keep saying "they need a real defensive center"...regurgitating what they hear on ESPN....sheep, all of you.
but the knicks do need a real defensive center
ohwell.gif

nerd.gif
It all depends on the cap set by the NBA.

As of now, the only players under contract beyond 2012 for the Knicks would be Amare ($19.9m), Melo(not sure how much he'll make first year of extension), Toney Douglas ($2m) and Renaldo Balkman ($1.6m).

nerd.gif
It all depends on the cap set by the NBA.

As of now, the only players under contract beyond 2012 for the Knicks would be Amare ($19.9m), Melo(not sure how much he'll make first year of extension), Toney Douglas ($2m) and Renaldo Balkman ($1.6m).

Originally Posted by Dragon

Chauncey was included in the deal for several reasons:

1.  Josh and his dad Stan want to slash payroll and it is easier to get rid of Smooth over Kenyon.

2.  Josh and Stan weren't going to pick up his option.

3.  The deal only balances out with Chauncey's salary.

Chauncey was included in the deal for several reasons:

1.  Josh and his dad Stan want to slash payroll and it is easier to get rid of Smooth over Kenyon.

2.  Josh and Stan weren't going to pick up his option.

3.  The deal only balances out with Chauncey's salary.

Saves Denver more money this season thanks to New York being able to absorb all that money due to trading Curry's contract to Minnesota.

Saves Denver more money this season thanks to New York being able to absorb all that money due to trading Curry's contract to Minnesota.

Oh Okay. Then enlighten me as to what the Knicks need to a win a championship. You think the lineup they have now is chip worthy?

The GLARING weakness on their team is center. Please tell me otherwise. You don't need ESPN to know this $!%+ man.

Oh Okay. Then enlighten me as to what the Knicks need to a win a championship. You think the lineup they have now is chip worthy?

The GLARING weakness on their team is center. Please tell me otherwise. You don't need ESPN to know this $!%+ man.

Back in the summer I said on here that when we get Carmelo, I'm WALKING to the NBA store to copp his Jersey....Looks like I got a long walk ahead of me. Welcome home Melo!!!

Back in the summer I said on here that when we get Carmelo, I'm WALKING to the NBA store to copp his Jersey....Looks like I got a long walk ahead of me. Welcome home Melo!!!

Back
Top Bottom