Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

^but if youre the knicks, why wait

melo, gallo and chandler all play the same positions, might as well get melo now

melo is a sure thing, a top 5 player in the league

gallo has potential, not a sure thing

chandler will be looking to cash in during the summer

nah, i agree, get the deal done now.

its knicks fans yelling not to trade gallo
eyes.gif

im sure if the knicks told the nuggets

Felton, Chandler, Galo, Curry, AR/1st for Melo/Billups the deal would get done. (for the most part)

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

^but if youre the knicks, why wait

melo, gallo and chandler all play the same positions, might as well get melo now

melo is a sure thing, a top 5 player in the league

gallo has potential, not a sure thing

chandler will be looking to cash in during the summer

nah, i agree, get the deal done now.

its knicks fans yelling not to trade gallo
eyes.gif

im sure if the knicks told the nuggets

Felton, Chandler, Galo, Curry, AR/1st for Melo/Billups the deal would get done. (for the most part)

^i get you.

i ask my boys what they think of gallo and they say the same thing, inconsistent

^i get you.

i ask my boys what they think of gallo and they say the same thing, inconsistent

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by PMatic

@SpearsNBAYahoo Y! Sports has learned NYK has now offered Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Curry and 1st rd to DEN for Melo, Billups & fillers
@SpearsNBAYahoo NYK confident latest offer is respectable and could get done for Melo soon. DEN preferred Gallinari over Fields after being asked to choose.

laugh.gif
  its put up or shut up time for the knicks

Your post has been in other posts with quotes several times the past two pages. I only see the Knicks name in this post in regards to putting up or shutting up. Not the Nuggets.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by PMatic

@SpearsNBAYahoo Y! Sports has learned NYK has now offered Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Curry and 1st rd to DEN for Melo, Billups & fillers
@SpearsNBAYahoo NYK confident latest offer is respectable and could get done for Melo soon. DEN preferred Gallinari over Fields after being asked to choose.

laugh.gif
  its put up or shut up time for the knicks

Your post has been in other posts with quotes several times the past two pages. I only see the Knicks name in this post in regards to putting up or shutting up. Not the Nuggets.

posted this in the knicks thread
I have been wondering if the Nets have been getting paid by the Nuggs for their name to be used in this to ante up the Knicks' offer?

I mean come on its publicly known that the nets' name have been called solely for the knicks to make a better offer.
No team wants to be publicly shut down.... IN public multiple times. There must be some kind of return under the table.
These 2 teams both have a common goal. SCREW the knicks!

DEN wants to screw the knicks for what ever reason they didn't want to deal with us @ first.
And we all know the NETS and Knicks are local rivals.

they obviously have some sort of rapport amongst each other, they have been able to reach a deal several times within the last 6 months so there is no animosity between them so why not join forces to screw a team they both hate and a player that wants to there?

I wouldn't even be surprised if the nets come up with at least one more counter move to make the knicks up their ante AGAIN

Maybe I'm thinking conspiracy theory too much and maybe I've been thinking too much about this damn trade deadline.

Real life....
indifferent.gif

posted this in the knicks thread
I have been wondering if the Nets have been getting paid by the Nuggs for their name to be used in this to ante up the Knicks' offer?

I mean come on its publicly known that the nets' name have been called solely for the knicks to make a better offer.
No team wants to be publicly shut down.... IN public multiple times. There must be some kind of return under the table.
These 2 teams both have a common goal. SCREW the knicks!

DEN wants to screw the knicks for what ever reason they didn't want to deal with us @ first.
And we all know the NETS and Knicks are local rivals.

they obviously have some sort of rapport amongst each other, they have been able to reach a deal several times within the last 6 months so there is no animosity between them so why not join forces to screw a team they both hate and a player that wants to there?

I wouldn't even be surprised if the nets come up with at least one more counter move to make the knicks up their ante AGAIN

Maybe I'm thinking conspiracy theory too much and maybe I've been thinking too much about this damn trade deadline.

Real life....
indifferent.gif

ill say one thing, i've been emphasizing that it's a huge priority for the knicks to land melo.

however in the case that the knicks and nuggets couldn't reach a deal, regardless of why and melo were to sign off on a deal to the nets and sign the extension, i think it gives the perception he's more about the money then actually winning, because if really wanted to get his money and win, he'd have a much better shot doing that sticking it out with denver especially when you consider everything the nets plan to give up to get him, the nets are going to suck now and most likely suck next year and by the time they finally become relevant, that 3 year extension will most likely almost be up. im just saying though, not even 2 years ago the nuggets were giving the lakers fits in the conference finals, before george karl left the team due to cancer last season they were the toughest challenge to the lakers in the west last year, and despite all the rumors and the melo situation lingering all season long, their hanging in there and competing and you know the melo situation has to be having an effect on them. bottom line is, denver isn't a bad situation and it isn't a crappy place either, if he signed the extension with the nets in the event denver and the knicks can't work a deal out then winning comes second to money for him because he'd have a much better chance winning while getting the extension in denver.

ill say one thing, i've been emphasizing that it's a huge priority for the knicks to land melo.

however in the case that the knicks and nuggets couldn't reach a deal, regardless of why and melo were to sign off on a deal to the nets and sign the extension, i think it gives the perception he's more about the money then actually winning, because if really wanted to get his money and win, he'd have a much better shot doing that sticking it out with denver especially when you consider everything the nets plan to give up to get him, the nets are going to suck now and most likely suck next year and by the time they finally become relevant, that 3 year extension will most likely almost be up. im just saying though, not even 2 years ago the nuggets were giving the lakers fits in the conference finals, before george karl left the team due to cancer last season they were the toughest challenge to the lakers in the west last year, and despite all the rumors and the melo situation lingering all season long, their hanging in there and competing and you know the melo situation has to be having an effect on them. bottom line is, denver isn't a bad situation and it isn't a crappy place either, if he signed the extension with the nets in the event denver and the knicks can't work a deal out then winning comes second to money for him because he'd have a much better chance winning while getting the extension in denver.

If Knicks get Melo
eek.gif

No rings anytime soon, but definitely a start.
And Melo has been goin off lately!

If Knicks get Melo
eek.gif

No rings anytime soon, but definitely a start.
And Melo has been goin off lately!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Espn just reported "Melo stand to lose up to 50 Million if he wait for free agency"
i hope that number isnt real number
Melo agent want to sign that extension asap
How is that possible?
The extension is $65 million/3 years. You mean to tell me the best deal he can get in free agency this summer could be $15 million/3 years?

roll.gif
ESPN, Niketalk and critical thinking don't go well together
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Espn just reported "Melo stand to lose up to 50 Million if he wait for free agency"
i hope that number isnt real number
Melo agent want to sign that extension asap
How is that possible?
The extension is $65 million/3 years. You mean to tell me the best deal he can get in free agency this summer could be $15 million/3 years?

roll.gif
ESPN, Niketalk and critical thinking don't go well together
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngin33

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.[/color]

...and they'd be dumber to give up damn near the whole roster for one player.

The new proposed deal isn't that bad though, the original deal Denver asked for was a complete joke.

I don't get why people think the Knicks are a "joke of a franchise".  If they think because of this and the LeBron mess, LeBron never wanted to come here because he simply does not have the intestinal fortitude to play on the main stage and the Knicks offer to Denver is a very fair trade.  It's Denver's fault that they don't really want him to go where Melo wants to go.  The franchise is not a joke because of these things, although it was a joke when Isiah was running the show.  Those days are over. 

joining two other max contract players isn't main stage???

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.[/color]

The new proposed deal isn't that bad though, the original deal Denver asked for was a complete joke.

I don't get why people think the Knicks are a "joke of a franchise".  If they think because of this and the LeBron mess, LeBron never wanted to come here because he simply does not have the intestinal fortitude to play on the main stage and the Knicks offer to Denver is a very fair trade.  It's Denver's fault that they don't really want him to go where Melo wants to go.  The franchise is not a joke because of these things, although it was a joke when Isiah was running the show.  Those days are over. 

joining two other max contract players isn't main stage???

I understand your hate for the guy, but this is easily one of the dumbest things I have read around here.  Do you honestly believe that playing alongside two max players and in a big market shows no intestinal fortitude? 
The Knicks were, for the last 10 or so years, up until THIS year, a joke of a franchise.  Please tell me where otherwise.  If they pull of 'Melo then they will continue in the right direction.

I understand your hate for the guy, but this is easily one of the dumbest things I have read around here.  Do you honestly believe that playing alongside two max players and in a big market shows no intestinal fortitude? 
The Knicks were, for the last 10 or so years, up until THIS year, a joke of a franchise.  Please tell me where otherwise.  If they pull of 'Melo then they will continue in the right direction.

Originally Posted by rawjs

because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.

Honestly, he is bar none the best player in the league.  But Miami will never be "his" team like New York would have been.  Not everyone is meant to play here, and the fact that he had to play alongside 2 of his boys instead of having a killer atittude to beat those kinds of guys shows that he doesn't have the pelotas needed to play as the main man on a big stage like New York.  Although the league is vastly different now, and he has created this whole Melo monster the way he went about his "Decision".  There was no decision involved, he knew where he was going to play. 

Originally Posted by rawjs

because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.

Honestly, he is bar none the best player in the league.  But Miami will never be "his" team like New York would have been.  Not everyone is meant to play here, and the fact that he had to play alongside 2 of his boys instead of having a killer atittude to beat those kinds of guys shows that he doesn't have the pelotas needed to play as the main man on a big stage like New York.  Although the league is vastly different now, and he has created this whole Melo monster the way he went about his "Decision".  There was no decision involved, he knew where he was going to play. 

Back
Top Bottom