Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

did billups say he'd ask to be bought out if he's trade in general? or just traded to the nets?

If I was him, I'd look on the bright side and probably would salivate at the thought of playing with STAT AND melo at the same time.

did billups say he'd ask to be bought out if he's trade in general? or just traded to the nets?

If I was him, I'd look on the bright side and probably would salivate at the thought of playing with STAT AND melo at the same time.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

30t6p3b.gif
@ giving up Billups.

This

Management is really trying to alienate the fans with that.  Chauncey is our hometown hero and he's getting played.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

30t6p3b.gif
@ giving up Billups.

This

Management is really trying to alienate the fans with that.  Chauncey is our hometown hero and he's getting played.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jumpfreak23

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers:
PMatic:
@SpearsNBAYahoo Y! Sports has learned NYK has now offered Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Curry and 1st rd to DEN for Melo, Billups & filler
laugh.gif
  its put up or shut up time for the knicks
I'm saying! Jesus lord!

Melo, Billups, and Amare is a tough squad.

Uhh... the Knicks are the ones who proposed that deal so why is it "put up or shut up time" for the Knicks?  It's now on Denver to accept it.

ummm because the knicks have been trash on a level that rivals the kansas city royals and detroit lions over the past 11 years. 

because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.   melo has been wanting to play for the knicks and if i were him and wanted to have my cake and eat it to regarding the extension and going where i'd wanna go,  i'd be getting annoyed that the knicks haven't acquired me yet and i would start to consider other options.

bottom line is, if the knicks don't get this trade done because of them putting the great gallonari, wilson chandler, and landry fields on a pedestal   then those guys better perform and justify the knicks holding them in such high regard.

i can see it now too,  if the knicks screw this up,  some of their fans will be like, "oh well we didn't need him anyway  we'll for sure get chris paul or dwight howard in 2012"  all the while working amare like a horse between now and then to be a 40-45 win team this season and next.

at the end of the day the nuggets have more leverage then people think in this situation  since they know carmelo wants his extension as well so their going to get the best deal possible for themselves   regardless if it's the knicks, nets or whoever.

PMatic:
@SpearsNBAYahoo Y! Sports has learned NYK has now offered Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Curry and 1st rd to DEN for Melo, Billups & filler
laugh.gif
I'm saying! Jesus lord!

Uhh... the Knicks are the ones who proposed that deal so why is it "put up or shut up time" for the Knicks?  It's now on Denver to accept it.

ummm because the knicks have been trash on a level that rivals the kansas city royals and detroit lions over the past 11 years. 

because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.   melo has been wanting to play for the knicks and if i were him and wanted to have my cake and eat it to regarding the extension and going where i'd wanna go,  i'd be getting annoyed that the knicks haven't acquired me yet and i would start to consider other options.

bottom line is, if the knicks don't get this trade done because of them putting the great gallonari, wilson chandler, and landry fields on a pedestal   then those guys better perform and justify the knicks holding them in such high regard.

i can see it now too,  if the knicks screw this up,  some of their fans will be like, "oh well we didn't need him anyway  we'll for sure get chris paul or dwight howard in 2012"  all the while working amare like a horse between now and then to be a 40-45 win team this season and next.

at the end of the day the nuggets have more leverage then people think in this situation  since they know carmelo wants his extension as well so their going to get the best deal possible for themselves   regardless if it's the knicks, nets or whoever.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Bought out in a trade in general according to his agent
He is pissed he is in this Melo package
after seeing what Melo is doing.. Lebron did 0 wrong this situation more than confirmed that

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Bought out in a trade in general according to his agent
He is pissed he is in this Melo package
after seeing what Melo is doing.. Lebron did 0 wrong this situation more than confirmed that

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.[/color]

...and they'd be dumber to give up damn near the whole roster for one player.

The new proposed deal isn't that bad though, the original deal Denver asked for was a complete joke.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.[/color]

The new proposed deal isn't that bad though, the original deal Denver asked for was a complete joke.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

PMatic:
laugh.gif
I'm saying! Jesus lord!

Yo deadass you sound ridiculous coming at knicks managements head, its tired now. Im all for giving up gallo/chandler/felton/randolph/and probably mozgov for him but i do not condone getting raped for him especially considering hes gonna be a FA in a few months. If Denver WANTED to trade him where he wanted to go he wouldve been here a long time ago. Instead they decided to shakedown NJ for the past 7 months hoping that Carmelo would get frustrated and sign the extension. So far luckily for Knicks fans it hasn't happened but who says it won't unfortunately every organization has to draw the line somewhere NJ is just so desperate they don't know how to do that. It all depends on this man signing that extension

PMatic:
laugh.gif
I'm saying! Jesus lord!

Yo deadass you sound ridiculous coming at knicks managements head, its tired now. Im all for giving up gallo/chandler/felton/randolph/and probably mozgov for him but i do not condone getting raped for him especially considering hes gonna be a FA in a few months. If Denver WANTED to trade him where he wanted to go he wouldve been here a long time ago. Instead they decided to shakedown NJ for the past 7 months hoping that Carmelo would get frustrated and sign the extension. So far luckily for Knicks fans it hasn't happened but who says it won't unfortunately every organization has to draw the line somewhere NJ is just so desperate they don't know how to do that. It all depends on this man signing that extension

^^^ No way if I was the Knicks I would give up Felton, Gallinari and Chandler for Melo. Melo is a great player, but that's too much . . . especially if there's a chance he'd sign there anyway in the summer.

^^^ No way if I was the Knicks I would give up Felton, Gallinari and Chandler for Melo. Melo is a great player, but that's too much . . . especially if there's a chance he'd sign there anyway in the summer.

@WojYahooNBA Denver still prefers NJ's package to NY's increased offer, because "They think picks have more value than the players," league source says.
@WojYahooNBA Still, it will come down to Denver owner Stan Kroenke's decision to OK Knicks offer and give 'Melo what he wants: $65M and the Knicks.
@WojYahooNBA For Denver, potential of Derrick Favors is still an intriguing lure. Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri did the work, but Stan will make the call.
@WojYahooNBA As much as Amar'e wants Melo in NY, he's completely against gutting the roster to get him, sources say. He knows it takes a balanced roster.

@WojYahooNBA Denver still prefers NJ's package to NY's increased offer, because "They think picks have more value than the players," league source says.
@WojYahooNBA Still, it will come down to Denver owner Stan Kroenke's decision to OK Knicks offer and give 'Melo what he wants: $65M and the Knicks.
@WojYahooNBA For Denver, potential of Derrick Favors is still an intriguing lure. Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri did the work, but Stan will make the call.
@WojYahooNBA As much as Amar'e wants Melo in NY, he's completely against gutting the roster to get him, sources say. He knows it takes a balanced roster.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.

I don't get why people think the Knicks are a "joke of a franchise".  If they think because of this and the LeBron mess, LeBron never wanted to come here because he simply does not have the intestinal fortitude to play on the main stage and the Knicks offer to Denver is a very fair trade.  It's Denver's fault that they don't really want him to go where Melo wants to go.  The franchise is not a joke because of these things, although it was a joke when Isiah was running the show.  Those days are over. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

because if they don't  get melo  their the biggest joke of a franchise there is.

I don't get why people think the Knicks are a "joke of a franchise".  If they think because of this and the LeBron mess, LeBron never wanted to come here because he simply does not have the intestinal fortitude to play on the main stage and the Knicks offer to Denver is a very fair trade.  It's Denver's fault that they don't really want him to go where Melo wants to go.  The franchise is not a joke because of these things, although it was a joke when Isiah was running the show.  Those days are over. 

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

PMatic:
laugh.gif
I'm saying! Jesus lord!

na  what's more rediculous is the knicks saying in 2008,  "oh we got a 4 year plan,  blah blah blah"     new jersey, the knicks, the mavericks,  hell even a team like the grizzlies if they made a good offer  it don't matter  denver is going to get the best offer for them.   at the end of the day it's all a business but from denvers side their probably thinking  the nerve of this guy  talkin about he wants his extension and he wants to pick where he goes,  we'll send him wherever it's best for us.

the  chandler, gallo, felton deal on the table right now  is reasonable and should be good enough to get the job done.  i completely agree with not giving up the entire roster  but in previous pages people have had unrealistic expectations as if the nuggets are entitled to just trade melo to the knicks and take whatever 20 cents on the dollar offer donnie gives them,  talkin about   "i don't wanna trade gallo or chandler because they have upside"   when you have the chance to get carmelo anthony.

at the end of the day to get a player like melo  you gotta give something up decent, and the current offer is just that.   i agree they shouldn't gut the whole roster for melo but they got between now and thursday to make it happen behind the scenes.

still denver has more leverage then people think they do  if they play their cards right between now and thursday.   if they keep being greedy it's going to blow up in their face  but they got some leverage right now as well though.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

PMatic:
laugh.gif
I'm saying! Jesus lord!

na  what's more rediculous is the knicks saying in 2008,  "oh we got a 4 year plan,  blah blah blah"     new jersey, the knicks, the mavericks,  hell even a team like the grizzlies if they made a good offer  it don't matter  denver is going to get the best offer for them.   at the end of the day it's all a business but from denvers side their probably thinking  the nerve of this guy  talkin about he wants his extension and he wants to pick where he goes,  we'll send him wherever it's best for us.

the  chandler, gallo, felton deal on the table right now  is reasonable and should be good enough to get the job done.  i completely agree with not giving up the entire roster  but in previous pages people have had unrealistic expectations as if the nuggets are entitled to just trade melo to the knicks and take whatever 20 cents on the dollar offer donnie gives them,  talkin about   "i don't wanna trade gallo or chandler because they have upside"   when you have the chance to get carmelo anthony.

at the end of the day to get a player like melo  you gotta give something up decent, and the current offer is just that.   i agree they shouldn't gut the whole roster for melo but they got between now and thursday to make it happen behind the scenes.

still denver has more leverage then people think they do  if they play their cards right between now and thursday.   if they keep being greedy it's going to blow up in their face  but they got some leverage right now as well though.

I agree Ced, People whining over Chandler and Gallo's "upside" need to give it a rest you have to give to get i have no problem letting those dudes go and probably even more pieces like mozgov along with felton and randolph. Also Denver could like NJ's offer all they want but will Melo sign off on that deal ? i doubt it but it remains to be seen. IMO he couldve handled this way better too

Back
Top Bottom