Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

I agree Ced, People whining over Chandler and Gallo's "upside" need to give it a rest you have to give to get i have no problem letting those dudes go and probably even more pieces like mozgov along with felton and randolph. Also Denver could like NJ's offer all they want but will Melo sign off on that deal ? i doubt it but it remains to be seen. IMO he couldve handled this way better too

You still didn't explain why it's put up or shut up time when it's the Knicks that made that proposed trade. Your reply was just a complete tangent and didn't address the question.

laugh.gif
I mean they offer Gallo in that trade and then you start talking about if they don't want to give up Gallo.

indifferent.gif
@ "the biggest joke of a franchise there is."

It makes no sense giving up all of those players now leaving us no flexibility in the future to build a championship contender. You talking about being a 40-45 win team with Amar'e but if we gut the team for Melo at the most we're a 50 win team getting knocked out in the 2nd round. I think Knicks should stress to Melo that his real choice is the most money or getting on a team (w/ him) that is building to be a championship contender. He's still gonna get the max in FA. I think he's looking not to be the bad guy and wants to end up where Den gets something out of this unlike CLE and TOR when he should just play the angle that it's not all about money and come to NY.

The current deal the Knicks offered is reasonable but I still say wait it out to the deadline to see if we can rape Den and if we don't get him, we don't get him. See whats good with FA after the CBA. We'll still have these players with that "upside" to trade for other pieces.

Some dudes really are thinking if we don't get Melo at all we don't have any chance of becoming a better team like the new CBA is gonna have some clause that the Knicks can't make trades anymore.

You still didn't explain why it's put up or shut up time when it's the Knicks that made that proposed trade. Your reply was just a complete tangent and didn't address the question.

laugh.gif
I mean they offer Gallo in that trade and then you start talking about if they don't want to give up Gallo.

indifferent.gif

It makes no sense giving up all of those players now leaving us no flexibility in the future to build a championship contender. You talking about being a 40-45 win team with Amar'e but if we gut the team for Melo at the most we're a 50 win team getting knocked out in the 2nd round. I think Knicks should stress to Melo that his real choice is the most money or getting on a team (w/ him) that is building to be a championship contender. He's still gonna get the max in FA. I think he's looking not to be the bad guy and wants to end up where Den gets something out of this unlike CLE and TOR when he should just play the angle that it's not all about money and come to NY.

The current deal the Knicks offered is reasonable but I still say wait it out to the deadline to see if we can rape Den and if we don't get him, we don't get him. See whats good with FA after the CBA. We'll still have these players with that "upside" to trade for other pieces.

Some dudes really are thinking if we don't get Melo at all we don't have any chance of becoming a better team like the new CBA is gonna have some clause that the Knicks can't make trades anymore.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

how would billups fit in mikes system? would he like the system ?????
Good question.  I think Felton is doing well in the system, and I can't really see Chauncey as an uptempo pg at this stage of his career.

how would billups fit in mikes system? would he like the system ?????
Good question.  I think Felton is doing well in the system, and I can't really see Chauncey as an uptempo pg at this stage of his career.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

I agree Ced, People whining over Chandler and Gallo's "upside" need to give it a rest you have to give to get i have no problem letting those dudes go and probably even more pieces like mozgov along with felton and randolph. Also Denver could like NJ's offer all they want but will Melo sign off on that deal ? i doubt it but it remains to be seen. IMO he couldve handled this way better too
glad someone else sees it that way

the one thing that screws it all up  is the extension and the money he stands to lose,   if this was any other year,  melo woulda been a knick by now in exchange for 2 rocks and a pile of crap  but since he stands to lose all that money he's getting desperate.    melo wants to dictate where he goes and get the money, which to me is making the nuggets have that screw you mindset towards the knicks  since their probably bitter at melo,  its a business but i could see feelings being hurt on denver's part.

from an outside perspective,  i wanna see him go to the knicks even though im not a fan of them,  but the current offer is fair and i'm a firm believe in the knicks doing what it takes to make this happen now, but if denvers gm wants to keep being unreasonable and wanting more and more and more  then enough is enough.

one thing we can all agree on,   come next thursday,  denver's gm is either going to look like a genius   for getting a decent trade for melo   or he's going to look like a complete fool  if melos still a nugget next thursday because of him being too greedy.

glad someone else sees it that way

the one thing that screws it all up  is the extension and the money he stands to lose,   if this was any other year,  melo woulda been a knick by now in exchange for 2 rocks and a pile of crap  but since he stands to lose all that money he's getting desperate.    melo wants to dictate where he goes and get the money, which to me is making the nuggets have that screw you mindset towards the knicks  since their probably bitter at melo,  its a business but i could see feelings being hurt on denver's part.

from an outside perspective,  i wanna see him go to the knicks even though im not a fan of them,  but the current offer is fair and i'm a firm believe in the knicks doing what it takes to make this happen now, but if denvers gm wants to keep being unreasonable and wanting more and more and more  then enough is enough.

one thing we can all agree on,   come next thursday,  denver's gm is either going to look like a genius   for getting a decent trade for melo   or he's going to look like a complete fool  if melos still a nugget next thursday because of him being too greedy.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

it's put up or shut up in the since that this thing has dragged out so long,  you must've misread me because i said it's put up or shut up for BOTH the knicks and nuggets.

no offense but going off the past 11 seasons what exactly would you call the knicks then?   i give their fanbase props for gutting this joke out because they deserve better  but over the past 11 seasons the knicks have looked like basketballs version of the pirates and the lions and you can't deny that.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

it's put up or shut up in the since that this thing has dragged out so long,  you must've misread me because i said it's put up or shut up for BOTH the knicks and nuggets.

no offense but going off the past 11 seasons what exactly would you call the knicks then?   i give their fanbase props for gutting this joke out because they deserve better  but over the past 11 seasons the knicks have looked like basketballs version of the pirates and the lions and you can't deny that.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at knicks fans over valuing their players again.

galo is trash, a streaky shooter who cant defend.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
all yall thinking the nuggets are gonna send you Affalo
30t6p3b.gif

and Chandler > Fields > Galo.

and felton is playing well in Dantonis SYSTEM.

your team has already hit the wall. your what? 1 game above .500 in the east, and with Stat putting his body out there night in and out you really think hes gonna have gas left for the playoffs?

In a 7 games VS Heat, Celtics, Orlando you will prob win 1 game and steal another MAYBE.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

your team has already hit the wall. your what? 1 game above .500 in the east, and with Stat putting his body out there night in and out you really think hes gonna have gas left for the playoffs?

In a 7 games VS Heat, Celtics, Orlando you will prob win 1 game and steal another MAYBE.

Originally Posted by air max 87

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The obvious captain strikes again
eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif

maybe some of those unrealistic fans will catch it again
eek.gif

no need to be bitter.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

no need to be bitter.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

u may be right but look at all the b.s they went thru with isaiah. it takes time to rebuild

now they got stat and if the get melo, thats a great duo. might not be title contenders just yet but the thing is the knicks are back. stern and the rest of the nba needs the knicks back, they know this. love them or hate them.

im from ny, most of my friends and fam are diehard knicks fans, this city bleeds basketball

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

u may be right but look at all the b.s they went thru with isaiah. it takes time to rebuild

now they got stat and if the get melo, thats a great duo. might not be title contenders just yet but the thing is the knicks are back. stern and the rest of the nba needs the knicks back, they know this. love them or hate them.

im from ny, most of my friends and fam are diehard knicks fans, this city bleeds basketball

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

no need to be bitter.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

no need to be bitter.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nah of course. i hate seein the NBA so top heavy and the same teams be successful year after year.

you cant go out and wait for this summer, because this summer may never happen, remember the whole lebron issue?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nah of course. i hate seein the NBA so top heavy and the same teams be successful year after year.

you cant go out and wait for this summer, because this summer may never happen, remember the whole lebron issue?

^but if youre the knicks, why wait

melo, gallo and chandler all play the same positions, might as well get melo now

melo is a sure thing, a top 5 player in the league

gallo has potential, not a sure thing

chandler will be looking to cash in during the summer

^but if youre the knicks, why wait

melo, gallo and chandler all play the same positions, might as well get melo now

melo is a sure thing, a top 5 player in the league

gallo has potential, not a sure thing

chandler will be looking to cash in during the summer

Back
Top Bottom