Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Depends on the version of the SI Mag too though, cause the different versions are quite a bit different I've heard. What do you think of your Mag krazy?

willing to do 2k. thats including a hu. if im gettin hu, si mag sub, amp, and 4 speakers to change out the stock ones. i think 2k is too much. you think?
what amp would you recommend with that si mag and any other extra things to increase the quality of the sound?

Originally Posted by Emoney246

willing to do 2k. thats including a hu. if im gettin hu, si mag sub, amp, and 4 speakers to change out the stock ones. i think 2k is too much. you think?
what amp would you recommend with that si mag and any other extra things to increase the quality of the sound?
2k? hmm..you got any box building skills?

Yeah I have the older version of the mag. I think between the DIY and the SI I'd take the diy one because not only is it almost half the cost it alsorequires a smaller enclosure. Don't look to get loud with either of them though...

nah no box building skills. i know a few people around the way that can build me one though. what hu would you recommend and door speakers? should i get an ampbig enough to push the sub and door speakers?

Be sure to add in some deadener in at least your trunk and door's. Secondskin Audio has some nice stuff, damplifier pro. They actually just released alighter version for tighter budgets as well. Easy to work with and they come in sheets instead of rolls. I hate rolls because you have to flatten them out.

and should i get one of those kinetic batteries just for the audio stuff or just get one of those optima batteries in place of the car battery to powereverything?

so many questions! I KNOW! i dont know much about this stuff lol

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

Yeah I have the older version of the mag. I think between the DIY and the SI I'd take the diy one because not only is it almost half the cost it also requires a smaller enclosure. Don't look to get loud with either of them though...
for the average person it should get loud...esp in a truck

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

Be sure to add in some deadener in at least your trunk and door's. Secondskin Audio has some nice stuff, damplifier pro. They actually just released a lighter version for tighter budgets as well. Easy to work with and they come in sheets instead of rolls. I hate rolls because you have to flatten them out.

secondskin is expensive as hell

Raamat BXT FTW
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Emoney246

nah no box building skills. i know a few people around the way that can build me one though. what hu would you recommend and door speakers? should i get an amp big enough to push the sub and door speakers?

will they do it for free?
laugh.gif

2k i'd get

morel tempo 6
http://www.woofersetc.com...Way-Component-System.htm

pdx 2.150
http://www.woofersetc.com...ital-Power-Amplifier.htm

9887(love this hu)
http://www.woofersetc.com...-AAC-InDash-Receiver.htm

si mag v4
http://www.stereointegrity.com/order.php

krazy or snake could recommend an amp that'll do 500@ 1 ohm..my mind is kinda blank right now in that department
laugh.gif
should be around 300

1 roll of raamat bxt( i would put as much as i can on the doors) use the rest wherever else u see fit
http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr

this came out to 1286. if u buy used or shop around you can probably get that all for around 1k

you could use the rest on more deadening, big 3, battery, install, etc etc

for the amp, I'd just search diymobileaudio.com forums. I'm sure you can find something used for 200ish that puts out 600-800 @ 1 ohms. It'salright to have more power than you need on tap. Just keep your gains down.

Naw i'm using some aftermarket joint, damn. I dont know $+%, but theres gotta be a way to get an aftermarket joint and wire in an aux jack.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Naw i'm using some aftermarket joint, damn. I dont know $+%, but theres gotta be a way to get an aftermarket joint and wire in an aux jack.
get a rca to 3.5mm

CC399-25_LR.jpg

KENWOOD KDC-MP635 DECK
2 DUAL 10' SUBS
620 WATT POWER ACOUSTIC AMP
KICKER DS6930 6X9 TWO WAY SPEAKERS IN THE REAR
I GOT SOME SHAKE
pimp.gif

I used to love my JL 12w7 1000/1 setup. That sub hit so clean it was scary. Heard a lot of people that had systems that sounded like sledgehammers, not mything. I want something to push bass but also not sound sloppy. I didn't mind spending quite a bit of money. Always got compliments for how clean itsounded. That plus I had JLs xr series components and a 300/4 pushing them. I need to find something small but with decent bass for my e46 coupe.

I like nice simple quality system at a resonable price. So I am a JL Audio man all the way.

I like nice simple quality system at a resonable price. So I am a JL Audio man all the way.

Back
Top Bottom