Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

honestly triz..i wouldnt buy them..

I wouldn't either. On the note of 4th Order Bandpass, can be very tricky to get tuned in right but if so they can be slick. Might be a first for the xcon,and if you get a fisher customs box it would come out real nice. For myself I was leaning for a kerfed flared port tuned 30-32 hz

I did until you told me the ohm config. you won't find a cheap amp that'll do 600@ 3 ohms..and your electrical won't be able to handle 1.5 ohms

??? im lost.. i dont know #$!$... so its gonna be hard to find a amp? whats hard about finding a amp? is 600 @3ohm for 1 sub or 2?

Too many people spending ridiculous amounts on just the sub stage! I should be getting some Hybrid Audio Legatia L6's and L1 Pros installed for my frontssoon. Look them up.
pimp.gif

Good looks on that krazy, already up on them HATs, they are really nice man you'll definitely be satisfied.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

honestly triz..i wouldnt buy them..

I wouldn't either. On the note of 4th Order Bandpass, can be very tricky to get tuned in right but if so they can be slick. Might be a first for the xcon, and if you get a fisher customs box it would come out real nice. For myself I was leaning for a kerfed flared port tuned 30-32 hz
I heard a setup a month ago with 2 sundown e8's ported through the rear deck with a 8" aero port...@$@* was so loud it made me cough
laugh.gif
plus there was hardly any rattle..ima call up fisher customs and seehow much it'll cost..i'm not tryin' to spend 500-600 on a box

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

I did until you told me the ohm config. you won't find a cheap amp that'll do 600@ 3 ohms..and your electrical won't be able to handle 1.5 ohms

??? im lost.. i dont know #$!$... so its gonna be hard to find a amp? whats hard about finding a amp? is 600 @3ohm for 1 sub or 2?
Most mono amps power in configs of .5,1,2,4, and 8. if you wire those 2 subs in parallel it creates a 3 ohm load which usually only jl audio hasand their amps are extremely expensive. if you wire it in series it creates a 1.5 ohm load and i doubt your stock electrical could feed that. i would getsomething a little more pratical. hit up ebay and get yourself a 10" alpine type r

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

Too many people spending ridiculous amounts on just the sub stage! I should be getting some Hybrid Audio Legatia L6's and L1 Pros installed for my fronts soon. Look them up.
pimp.gif
sub stage will usually always cost more considering the box and amp

Those hybrid audio joints are crazy expensive, I've always wanted to do a set of SQ comps and a RIDCULOUSLY LOUD substage

snakeyes17, did you go with a three way or two way? I'm still debating if I want to spend the extra money on some L3's. If I did I would throw them onaxis (pointing towards my ears) in the A pillars.

ok i kinda understand... JL pretty much tries to make $*%% difficult so you have to use their products only?
so im trying to find more info on these speakers... does it make a difference if its "Dual 6 Ohms"???

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

ok i kinda understand... JL pretty much tries to make $*%% difficult so you have to use their products only?
so im trying to find more info on these speakers... does it make a difference if its "Dual 6 Ohms"???
yeah..JL FTL... their 500/1 is 600 bucks
ohwell.gif

2 dual 6 ohm will either create a 6 ohm load or 1.5. i would go with a different sub

Mr. Monday,
what would you suggest? nothing too too serious. looking for quality sound and decent amount of bump. i was thinkin somethin like kicker cvrs.
i wanna conserve as much space as i can in the back too and change out the 4 factory speakers inside i think they are 6 inches. trying to get the best forless!
i have a 1989 Mitsubishi Montero

PLEASE HELPPP!

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

snakeyes17, did you go with a three way or two way? I'm still debating if I want to spend the extra money on some L3's. If I did I would throw them on axis (pointing towards my ears) in the A pillars.

I didn't go anyway yet lol. I picked up a comp set to run passive but got a 9887 which I didn't plan on and would run 3 way most likely.

I heard a setup a month ago with 2 sundown e8's ported through the rear deck with a 8" aero port...@$@* was so loud it made me cough
laugh.gif
plus there was hardly any rattle..ima call up fisher customs and see how much it'll cost..i'm not tryin' to spend 500-600 on a box
Damn those Soundsplinter RL-i8s are real impressive too there's a youtube video of them sealed and they pound. So that box was just aero ported and it pounded, that's tight.

Originally Posted by Emoney246

Mr. Monday,
what would you suggest? nothing too too serious. looking for quality sound and decent amount of bump. i was thinkin somethin like kicker cvrs.
i wanna conserve as much space as i can in the back too and change out the 4 factory speakers inside i think they are 6 inches. trying to get the best for less!
i have a 1989 Mitsubishi Montero

PLEASE HELPPP!
If u wanna save space i would get 1 12" si mag. they get loud, sound amazing, and only need 1 cube sealed.

how much you looking to spend in all?

������������

pimp.gif

Would 3 amps be OD?
laugh.gif

1 for the speakers... and 2 for the subs?

or should I go with a bigger amp for the subs, and stay with the same amp for the speakers?

What amp could I copp to power 2 L7 12's... and front speakers?

I was going to go with a 1500 watt amp... would that be enough G?

monday... he also has 3 8" Diamond Audio D3 subs for sale.... are they any good... i never heard of them before?

laugh.gif
like $200 total maybe $300 ... he wants $125 for 3 JL... or $110 for diamond d3... will alpine pdx amps work...

Back
Top Bottom