Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

I like nice simple quality system at a resonable price. So I am a JL Audio man all the way.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I like nice simple quality system at a resonable price. So I am a JL Audio man all the way.
lol.

My mozilla firefox underlined "resonable" not only because its spelled wrong but because it also knows the flaws of your sentence.

laugh.gif
monday..... i picked up them speakers.... sorry dude... anyways... i looked up JL audio website... and they said if i use 2 speakers and can get it downto a 1.5ohm.... will this amp work? Rockford fosgate punch 400-2?? i think the dude is selling this amp for $125.. im gonna try and talk him down to $80
Amazon product ASIN B001AO4NUI

won't work. your stock electrical won't be able to feed an amp@ 1.5 ohms either. should've just went with something else

Damn...how did I miss this thread?
tired.gif

My current setup:
Alpine IVA-w505 + H701 processor
Hybrid Audio L6-1pro comps running active on two Sundown 100.4 amps
Two Fi Q 12's running on a Sundown 1500D amp

300amp alt from Excessive Amperage and dual Yellow Tops under the hood.

All in a Tahoe...deaded with Second Skin damplifier pro and overkill.

Im thinking about switching my subs back to a single setup with my old 1st gen. RE XXX12
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by awash242

tired.gif

My current setup:

Im thinking about switching my subs back to a single setup with my old 1st gen. RE XXX12
nerd.gif
shouldn't those be getting 1500 each..

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by awash242

tired.gif

My current setup:

nerd.gif
shouldn't those be getting 1500 each..

Theyre rated at 1000 each, could take more easily, but dont need much power to sound good. I had two 1500Ds strapped on them but it was too loud for my frontstage so I just have them getting ~800 rms now. It sounds much better now.

won't work. your stock electrical won't be able to feed an amp@ 1.5 ohms either. should've just went with something else
so how can i fix that??? get a bigger battery and thick wires? if the electrical wasnt a problem would the amp be ok to use for those speakers?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

so how can i fix that??? get a bigger battery and thick wires? if the electrical wasnt a problem would the amp be ok to use for those speakers?

What hes saying is that the electrical problem is your secondary issue....the main problem is that your amp is not 1-ohm stable, so it wont work. Get anotheramp

you know what???... someone needs to come out with a website... with a compatibility list....
" choose speakers " then a list of what kind of amps you can use shows up.... or the opposite.... what website would be perfect for newbs like me...

this thread seems pretty informative.. I need to get a stereo for my Integra but I have no idea where to start. With abudget of about $300 (not including installation) I realize I'm not getting anything top of the line, but my stock setup is blown right now and I NEEDsomething else before I go on this 40 day road trip in mid June. I've got a head unit (albeit not installed yet) already so I need everything else. Helpwill be GREATLY appreciated

M!ke

Originally Posted by nine point five

this thread seems pretty informative.. I need to get a stereo for my Integra but I have no idea where to start. With a budget of about $300 (not including installation) I realize I'm not getting anything top of the line, but my stock setup is blown right now and I NEED something else before I go on this 40 day road trip in mid June. I've got a head unit (albeit not installed yet) already so I need everything else. Help will be GREATLY appreciated

M!ke
Damn 300...

phoenix gold rsd comps..

amp?
ohwell.gif
awash?

laugh.gif
... yeah but for some reason i can see money being made on the website when the economy goes back up...
what would sound better 1.5 ohm or 6 ohm????... can i find a amp for the 6 ohm... since a 2 ohm amp wont work for the 1.5 ohm subs

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
... yeah but for some reason i can see money being made on the website when the economy goes back up...
what would sound better 1.5 ohm or 6 ohm????... can i find a amp for the 6 ohm... since a 2 ohm amp wont work for the 1.5 ohm subs
the easiest thing to do right now is use all 3

So would the SI mag v4 and a Sundown SAE 1000D be a nice little setup? Not lookin to knock down the streets, just want a nice daily sub.

Originally Posted by nine point five

this thread seems pretty informative.. I need to get a stereo for my Integra but I have no idea where to start. With a budget of about $300 (not including installation) I realize I'm not getting anything top of the line, but my stock setup is blown right now and I NEED something else before I go on this 40 day road trip in mid June. I've got a head unit (albeit not installed yet) already so I need everything else. Help will be GREATLY appreciated

M!ke
man i picked up 3 JL audio 8inch for $120.. ( Mr monday told me not too) im trying to get a fosgate amp right now for a $100... if it works...craigslist is your friend....

Eggy still recommending those Phoenix Gold comps
laugh.gif
I guess they that good... BTW I still havent even bought my system since the last time you helped me...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom