Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

I know you told me last time but I dont really want subs... Just want all voice... What should I go for besides those Phoenix comps... I got a hu, just needrear speakers and an amp... I was looking at rear infinity kappas... but im not sure... Budget doesnt matter as of now...

awash where you been at?

I been tryna hit you up on AIM bout this post but you never on.

If anything, the people most informed about the subject in this post would probably have to be MR MONDAY NIGHT, and awash242.

Yall SWEAR by Fi though lol (not like its a bad thing). I know its a great product, but I suggest anyone shopping around for aftermarket car stereo to actuallySHOP AROUND. See what fits your budget and get other peoples feedback on the product. I kinda wanted to go against the grain with my sub, but with all the hypearound Fi, I REALLY want to hear them for myself. Even possibly fit my car with some Fi's....

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

awash where you been at?

If anything, the people most informed about the subject in this post would probably have to be MR MONDAY NIGHT, and awash242.

Yall SWEAR by Fi though lol (not like its a bad thing). I know its a great product, but I suggest anyone shopping around for aftermarket car stereo to actually SHOP AROUND. See what fits your budget and get other peoples feedback on the product. I kinda wanted to go against the grain with my sub, but with all the hype around Fi, I REALLY want to hear them for myself. Even possibly fit my car with some Fi's....
my last 3 subs have been fi. i only like the q and bl though. the btl gets crazy loud but it's not musical at all.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

I know you told me last time but I dont really want subs... Just want all voice... What should I go for besides those Phoenix comps... I got a hu, just need rear speakers and an amp... I was looking at rear infinity kappas... but im not sure... Budget doesnt matter as of now...

Budget always matters. unless you want a 2k pair of seas lotus comps and a 3k mcintosh(sp?) amp

man.... i went over to car toys... i asked the dude what kind of amp can i run with the 2 8w6.... he took a look at them and said they are the older w6.... i was like ?????....
the older w6 are a 4 ohm speaker and i can probably use any amp.....

laugh.gif
my bad MR MONDAY for beingannoying and giving you headaches with all those damn questions... but the dude said i can use the fosgate amp i posted.. now i just got to convince the sellerto sell it for $85 Rockford Fosgate PunchP400-2

Anyone have any suggestions what to put in a G35 coupe...12's will not fit. I have to sell my old system....Im considering getting a custom set up. I dontneed or want a head unit.

Originally Posted by JKickz1334

Anyone have any suggestions what to put in a G35 coupe...12's will not fit. I have to sell my old system....Im considering getting a custom set up. I dont need or want a head unit.

Word, I have an altima coupe and need coupe trunk setup suggestions.

I've seen a few websites where guys stuck the subs in the bumper corners and angled them at 45 degree angles within a box.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by JKickz1334

Anyone have any suggestions what to put in a G35 coupe...12's will not fit. I have to sell my old system....Im considering getting a custom set up. I dont need or want a head unit.

Word, I have an altima coupe and need coupe trunk setup suggestions.

I've seen a few websites where guys stuck the subs in the bumper corners and angled them at 45 degree angles within a box.
#%#% those fiberglass boxes. be a real man and get a real box
laugh.gif

i'd either do 1 10 or 2 8's in a coupe

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

I know you told me last time but I dont really want subs... Just want all voice... What should I go for besides those Phoenix comps... I got a hu, just need rear speakers and an amp... I was looking at rear infinity kappas... but im not sure... Budget doesnt matter as of now...

Budget always matters. unless you want a 2k pair of seas lotus comps and a 3k mcintosh(sp?) amp
I was looking for like a 100-150 for the rear speakers... Then like up to 200ish for the amp... Is that good for a amp? I just want voice...

I was looking for like a 100-150 for the rear speakers... Then like up to 200ish for the amp... Is that good for a amp? I just want voice...
what are you getting for upfront? if you don't want a sub you want a pair of comps that can get pretty low

Originally Posted by kobe82410

hey guys, i wanna get this sub

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9089_JVC+Arsenal AW7040.html

but i can't find a good 4 channel amp that won't blow out my speakers.

should i look for a different sub or what?

what shuld i do?

that sub is trash 4 channel amp to power the sub?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i need to find a box for my 2 8's.... cars toys wants too damn much for a "custom box"

how much? i would get a sealed box for those.

them dudes are car toys told me it depends on the music i listen to... rap/r&b ported... rock/pop sealed... they said that sealed boxes have more of a popbass...
oh them dudes wanted like $200 or something...

them dudes are car toys told me it depends on the music i listen to... rap/r&b ported... rock/pop sealed... they said that sealed boxes have more of a pop bass...
oh them dudes wanted like $200 or something...
roll.gif
roll.gif
common misconception.

200 on a box for 2 8's is a rip off. can you build one yourself?

^^ hell no.... but yeah i know them dudes be trying to rip dudes off all day... thats why i never buy anything from them.... im gonna see if i can get the amptomorrow, then start looking for a box... i cant draw/cut/glue a straight line for nothing... i still dont know how i cut hair so good though

what are you getting for upfront? if you don't want a sub you want a pair of comps that can get pretty low

Originally Posted by kobe82410

hey guys, i wanna get this sub

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9089_JVC+Arsenal AW7040.html

but i can't find a good 4 channel amp that won't blow out my speakers.

should i look for a different sub or what?

what shuld i do?

that sub is trash 4 channel amp to power the sub?

i need to find a box for my 2 8's.... cars toys wants too damn much for a "custom box"

how much? i would get a sealed box for those.

damn monday, you say that every sub i talk about it trash. haha can you put me on a good one? preferably under $140. and as for the amp, i was going to bridgea connection for the sub and use the other 2 channels for my speakers. thanks for all the help

Eggy Im gonna use those Phoenix comps... Or if there is a better type for like 30 more, I can rock with that...

awash where you been at?

Yall SWEAR by Fi though lol (not like its a bad thing). I know its a great product, but I suggest anyone shopping around for aftermarket car stereo to actually SHOP AROUND. See what fits your budget and get other peoples feedback on the product. I kinda wanted to go against the grain with my sub, but with all the hype around Fi, I REALLY want to hear them for myself. Even possibly fit my car with some Fi's....

Whats up homie? I dont ever go on AIM anymore because im always working and I never log on at home. Hows your system working out? You ever add anymore deadenerto the car?

My boy has a 15" Fi BTL with a 1500w Sundown Amp...
eek.gif

I was in front of him at a red light, he turned up Gorilla Zoe - Lost...and I kid you not...he was vibrating my seats.

If you have the money, I'd say go with Fi and Sundown.

It sounds NICE on the inside as well, moving a lot of air pressure with just 1-15".

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

My boy has a 15" Fi BTL with a 1500w Sundown Amp...
eek.gif

I was in front of him at a red light, he turned up Gorilla Zoe - Lost...and I kid you not...he was vibrating my seats.

If you have the money, I'd say go with Fi and Sundown.

It sounds NICE on the inside as well, moving a lot of air pressure with just 1-15".

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thats the good thing...companies like Fi and Sundown make top notch products and keep their overhead costs down so that people can actually afford it.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom