***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

I remember listening to nipsey heavy like 08-10 like big sean. I have no idea what dude is up to now besides beating Lauren London cheeks :lol:

I would imagine his music don't hit the same though. I think i tried to revisit Crenshaw, but I don't remember what it sounded like [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Dom is my dude but he finished. I like the new album though.

Last edited:
I remember listening to nipsey heavy like 08-10 like big sean. I have no idea what dude is up to now besides beating Lauren London cheeks
laugh.gif

I would imagine his music don't hit the same though. I think i tried to revisit Crenshaw, but I don't remember what it sounded like [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Dom is my dude but he finished. I like the new album though.
Thing is though, both of those guys consistently feed their fanbase content and have cultivated a fanbase that invest in their brand.

In that regard, even if their music isn't hitting the way it used to with people, they're still millionaires independently.

But I agree with you, I don't check for those guys music like that anymore, but that's the benefit of building a cult-like fanbase that will consistently support you.

Being a rapper is one of the worst career moves to make now imo.

Unless you made it back in the mid 90s or early 00s then yeah.

But not so much now.

I think it's the exact opposite right now actually (as far as making money goes) you don't have to be even remotely near a top artist to bring in pretty decent bank per year. & the climate of music allows for less inspired music, meaning more material & more product to sell.

Being a rapper is one of the worst career moves to make now imo.

Unless you made it back in the mid 90s or early 00s then yeah.

But not so much now.
This couldn't be further from the truth.

This is probably the best time to get into music biz. All you need to do is know how to work social media, have a recording situation, and boom. It's literally that simple. I know guys who most have never heard of making 50k a year from music.

The avenues are so vast and wide, you literally never have to give someone a demo, try and get signed, etc. to have a fruitful career.

for the life of me i don't understand why dudes are still signing unless you have hopes of flipping rap into bigger looks, and even then chance is doing all that w/o a label.

I'd think you have to sign to get major radio play

Not at all.

At one point last year the Top 3 records on the Urban chart were indie.

There are indie records on the Pop and Rhythm charts as well.

Last edited:
I wouldn't sign to a major. Social media is so big right now. I remember getting laughed at for saying Drake should go independent after his contract was up with Cash Money. That was before or after Take Care. Major can get you exposure but it's not worth it

as far as chance i understand fully where Joe was coming from, He's technically independent but he partnered with one of the biggest companies in the world and received promotion, i expect a lot of people to follow suit in the near future.

Hence some of the tidal deals

Chance ain't independent to me. Got help, money and promo from Apple. Commercials all over TV and saw his album on every page on iTunes.

Chance ain't independent to me. Got help, money and promo from Apple. Commercials all over TV and saw his album on every page on iTunes.

Yeah he is lol everything you said is possible for an independent artist on iTunes

An independent artist is getting Apple commercials on espn and abc and other networks? You know how much that costs? You think an independent artist is having his **** all over Apple? Independent is when you get no help, money got mad help. I couldn't get away from that album for a week.

Yeah he is lol everything you said is possible for an independent artist on iTunes
An independent artist is getting Apple commercials on espn and abc and other networks? You know how much that costs? You think an independent artist is having his **** all over Apple? Independent is when you get no help, money got mad help. I couldn't get away from that album for a week.
No it's not man 
laugh.gif

Because Apple Paid him for the rights to coloring book b
laugh.gif
just because he sold the album and it's rights to apple for two weeks doesn't make him not independent, it makes him smart. Literally Chance sold the project to Apple and in return, Apple pushed the record via those commerical spots, ads, etc.

More to it, but that's all that was to it. That's literally independent. Just because ppl pay you doesn't make you not independent wth lol

I think it depends on the artist and what plateau they think they will reach.

If you are Rich the kid, famous dex, luccior something you might as well stay independent. Cuz you not really gonna be anybody anyways.

But imagine if I Cole Kendrick or drake stayed independent they'd be missing out on potential megastar-dom

Disrespectful even putting Yfn Lucci in that sentence :smh:. Yeah, you baited me :rofl:

Lucci on the rise. Shorty was on Jimmy Kimmell last night!

Shoutout to Gotti!

Man y'all ****** acting like kimmell it up lucci to perform :lol:. Gotti got the invite and brought son. As far as they know that's yo gotti and his little friend.

Back
Top Bottom