***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

i Listened to that Joe/Ak convo about What makes someone a top tier rapper and what doesn't and i can't really disagree... you can't be a top tier rapper if rapping isn't your strong point. So when Joe says Future makes high quality, low quality music it sounds dismissive but it's not. He's basically calling future a master of his own lane, but when your stacking those up against the Kendricks, Cole, Drake, Sean etc etc of the world there's clear differences.

Those guys could do what future does, meaning make hit records reliant on melodic hooks. Future on the other hand isn't gonna give you a record where's he straight rapping for 3-4 minutes using one steady topic, throwing bar after bar and flow after flow. Future has stated many times that he often goes into the booth, hears the beat & from there he'll start to form a melody or just record the first thing that comes out his mouth. that's what Joe means in terms of low quality. That doesn't mean that it isn't enjoyable music, or even music that won't last, however it's easily reproduced & created and when speaking on the topic of top tier rappers attention to detail is important, crafting a story is important, WHAT YOU ARE SAYING LYRICALLY IS IMPORTANT, creativity and taking risk are important.

so lets take into account DS2 vs an album like DAMN, both two completely different projects & both had an immediate impact on hiphop when they dropped. DS2 while being good was Futures 4th-5th project in a year & was a project that didn't vary much in topics, flows, or production. Nonetheless it was still a great listen. DAMN is a project that was created so intricately that people are stringing together tweets, video captions, lyrics from other projects etc etc to get a better understanding. he poured so much detail into this & so many different ingredients & detail. All of this was added while still making an album that can be enjoyed by the masses even w/o any extra thought.

it's like having a 5 course meal and a cheeseburger to choose from, so much work and effort is put into that meal & you know it's good, but that doesn't mean that you aren't gonna thoroughly enjoy that cheeseburger. It's just a big difference in preparation and skill that should be recognized between the two.

Also on the point of Charlamagne he's mentioned on several different platforms that black privilege isn't to shun white privilege in this country, but as a way to empower ourselves despite the systematic racism & it took me awhile to agree with that concept but i agree with it wholeheartedly after this last election. White supremacy is good and alive, they not gonna let up and they are gonna continue to make **** harder for us so waiting for "equality" is just wasting time.

The role of a black person in America is extremely unique & through those hardships we create our own privilege. Hip Hop music is a shining example of black privilege, Being able to dictate culture in America is black privilege, are entire aesthetic & mindsets are black privilege. I take the title as meaning be proud of your blackness & don't let anyone tell you your inferior because of it. embrace the flaws that have been given to us and use it to create success.

Cats like Jay, Puff, Dre etc etc all grew up in bad circumstances & dealing with experiences that are solely that of blacks in America. So while white supremacy put fourth the blocks that led to that struggle, they figured how to maneuver around those blocks based off there experiences & creating a different mindset.

It's really a shame that my son Krit is never mentioned in these conversations when he's the most talented guy out

:smh:

Son is trash, B :lol:

giphy.gif

Krit is boring as **** and too country for me. Tried to listen to his first two major label albums and struggled every time.

Krit has some bangers. That Krit Wuz Hurr mixtape was tough though. High hopes and expectations for homie to be up there possible with Cole and Kendrick...poor dude didn't even get to a Wale or Big Sean level, which I at least expected to see him at. Even Wiz had his time to shine. Feel like everyone just passed Krit on by.

I've liked him in the interviews and he seems like a good cat but just not for me.

"Money on the Floor" was HARD AS **** THO

Krit Wuz Here and Returnof4eva were the ****. 4evaNaDay was cool too.

I think where Krit ****** up was the major studio albums, they were just weak. Maybe too much input from the label, or maybe he just put all his best material on his early mixtapes.

Complex & Joe Buddens made Lackademiks have a nervous breakdown
roll.gif

TLDW: Akademiks drinks a jug of Henny and throws a hissy fit that he's being treated like a flunky sidekick that no one respects and rants about how much "he don't care" for ALMOST AN HOUR.
roll.gif
Ehhh I knew this Complex show was going to crash and burn because I just cant see these two working together. I honestly can't see anybody working with Joe Budden because he's one of those dudes that just make you want to punch him every time he says something.

I will continue to support DJ Akademiks mainly through watching his live streams on Twitch. He does come off as a little sensitive in this video though. Better grab them nuts and let Complex know what's what. 

Krit not catching steam has nothing to do with NYC, and everything to do with the generation he's trying to appeal too not caring about lyrics like that. And he's not as good as Cole, Drake, Kendrick at making songs for the average fan.

Agreed with them about Nicki, completely lost me with that Young Thug ****. **** that rainbow **** he doing.

Back
Top Bottom