***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Is Kodak Black mentally challenged ?

Seriously
Drugs and Trollin. This ****** has/had ALL the potential to be a southern legend
mean.gif
young dude actually skating on these but gotdamn i cant rock with him 

he lame as hell for that interview today

Last edited:
had to turn this trash off and i normally can sit through a whole interview

i do bump "There he go" tho a lot lol 

Rap is really the ****** Circus show man, i ***** with Kodak's music but it's hard to support ****** who willingly act like dummies as if it's cool. the actual music is the last thing selling music for some of these dudes.

What the **** happened to this guy man?

What is he doing? Why is he doing this now?

His music can stand on its own aint no need for all this :smh:

And people got tired of Gates act. Dudes ain't gotta do all this dumb **** for attention. At some point people just stop taking you serious. But this is the era where people love attention more than anything else.

Gates is also one of 2-3 rappers that got certified Plat last year :lol:

You realize in about 30mins to 1 hour this is gonna be ALL over social media right bro?

We in a era were two different rap groups got #1 records partly due to meme's cooked up by digital consultant agencies (Interscope hired Pizzaslime and they did the Black Beatles Mannequin Challenge ****) and we really questioning why he would go up there like that :lol:  

Yeah I know all that. :lol:

Like I said this is the attention ***** era. Fake being gay, fake beefs, acting mentally challenged.

Gates ain't have to do all that dumb **** to go platinum. Kodak was doing just fine w/o this ****.

This interview is all over social media cuz he looks like a clown and people are questioning if he's slow. 50 Tyson was all over social media too. Kodak has real talent and instead people saying "His music is hard I can relate to it." it's this ****. :lol: :smh:

I mean yeah Gates and Thug didn't have to do any of that **** but their profiles were raised because of it. Hell Kanye and 50 didn't have to do that fake record sales "beef" 10 years ago either.

Trolling on social media, etc takes $0 out of your budget bro, budgets that are small as hell to begin with compared to years ago (even though rap is bigger than ever but that's another story
eyes.gif
)

This **** is about marketing, branding, image, etc. The music has unfortunately always been secondary.

How many of y'all knew who Black Youngsta was before the Wells Fargo money situation?

Last edited:
kodak corny just like most of these new ******

Look at what social media did to 50. Is social media was around back in the day it would have exposed a lot of our favorite rappers :smh:

We know too much about these mutha ******* man. These boys just over exposure themselves within a matter of months with these stopupid antics

I mean yeah Gates and Thug didn't have to do any of that **** but their profiles were raised because of it. Hell Kanye and 50 didn't have to do that fake record sales "beef" 10 years ago either.

Trolling on social media, etc takes $0 out of your budget bro, budgets that are small as hell to begin with compared to years ago (even though rap is bigger than ever but that's another story :rolleyes )

This **** is about marketing, branding, image, etc. The music has unfortunately always been secondary.

How many of y'all knew who Black Youngsta was before the Wells Fargo money situation?

Son everybody gets that. BS sells.

The point is being known as a ****** rapper ain't cool when he has real talent. Attention is like a drug to these dudes. Do any and everything for it. You can market yourself and all that w/o acting like a clown. But if dudes want their brand to be "clown show rapper" it is what it is.

Last edited:
These _'s give 0 ***** about a few people on the net labeling them clown rappers if its gonna get the attention of a whole lot more people (i.e. potential fans and $$$) for FREE (huge emphasis on the free part)

Gates did all that **** 2 years ago and as of last summer was lowkey the most streamed artist of any genre in the south (on Spotify at least), his brand definitely not hurting.

Last edited:
you can use use social media and "troll" w/o making yourself look like a **** head & fool. the same way this interview can gain him new fans it can lose him several too, everyone isn't a fan of buffoonery. Also antics are cool until they overshadow what you actually do, clowns don't last very long.

there's hundreds of rappers who highlight their stupidity daily and record it for the world to see it's still not helping their careers. It's sad as **** that people will actually rock with you more for acting like a sped ed kid

you can use use social media and "troll" w/o making yourself look like a **** head & fool. the same way this interview can gain him new fans it can lose him several too, everyone isn't a fan of buffoonery. Also antics are cool until they overshadow what you actually do, clowns don't last very long.

there's hundreds of rappers who highlight their stupidity daily and record it for the world to see it's still not helping their careers. It's sad as **** that people will actually rock with you more for acting like a sped ed kid
Like I said man Gates did all that **** 2 years ago (WAY more egregious trolling btw) and now its a distant memory because of how fast this **** moves nowadays.

He still one of the most streamed artist in music, still got a crazy loyal fanbase, one of the handful of rappers in the last 5 years who can say they got a plat certified project, etc. I'm almost positive he not regretting the people he lost (who prolly weren't gonna spend with him anyway) 
laugh.gif

I'm kinda on the other side of the fence for a number of reasons I know all about this ******** industry and what goes on behind the veil so I guess I just look at it from a different perspective

Last edited:
These _'s give 0 ***** about a few people on the net labeling them clown rappers if its gonna get the attention of a whole lot more people (i.e. potential fans and $$$) for FREE (huge emphasis on the free part)

Gates did all that **** 2 years ago and as of last summer was lowkey the most streamed artist of any genre in the south (on Spotify at least), his brand definitely not hurting.

Gates was successful cuz he made good music. At the end of day if your music ain't good all that will fade. Like Lil B.

You can draw people in and get attention w/o doing this ******ed ****. You don't have to go to the extreme to make money. And lets not act like mainstream love is real. Those folks will support you when it's "cool" to do it.

This **** too easy man 
laugh.gif

Gates was successful cuz he made good music. At the end of day if your music ain't good all that will fade. Like Lil B.

You can draw people in and get attention w/o doing this ******ed ****. You don't have to go to the extreme to make money. And lets not act like mainstream love is real. Those folks will support you when it's "cool" to do it.

Last edited:
I get what you saying but in Kodak's case he's been one of the most talked about young dudes. For his music, the criminal ****. His YouTube views are crazy, Lockjaw was big in the summer, he had Drake tryna jump on his ****.

But this right here... Why? :lol:

Alot of people are gonna see this, draw a conclusion and not
care about his music.

Like I said man Gates did all that **** 2 years ago (WAY more egregious trolling btw) and now its a distant memory because of how fast this **** moves nowadays.

He still one of the most streamed artist in music, still got a crazy loyal fanbase, one of the handful of rappers in the last 5 years who can say they got a plat certified project, etc. I'm almost positive he not regretting the people he lost (who prolly weren't gonna spend with him anyway) :lol:  

I'm kinda on the other side of the fence for a number of reasons I know all about this ******** industry and what goes on behind the veil so I guess I just look at it from a different perspective

Gates is where he's at due to Being an extremely good rapper, hustling for YEARS, trial and error THEN the antics. at no time would i say Gates was more popular for his antics then his music. Also Gates never intentionally tried to come across as a dumb dude or a clown. What Gates shows is who Gates is all the time i don't think this is some structured persona or act.

Also there's literally hundreds of rappers who troll and it gets them nowhere.

basically going this route can help you gain more interest ala Gates... but it's more than likely gonna make you Soulja Boy

Last edited:
i see dudes bringing up gates and maybe it did "work" for him but personally i stopped listening to his music at all because of all the extra silly ****

He still one of the most streamed artist in music, still got a crazy loyal fanbase, one of the handful of rappers in the last 5 years who can say they got a plat certified project, etc. I'm almost positive he not regretting the people he lost (who prolly weren't gonna spend with him anyway) 
laugh.gif

Gates is where he's at due to Being an extremely good rapper, hustling for YEARS, trial and error THEN the antics. at no time would i say Gates was more popular for his antics then his music. Also Gates never intentionally tried to come across as a dumb dude or a clown. What Gates shows is who Gates is all the time i don't think this is some structured persona or act.

Also there's literally hundreds of rappers who troll and it gets them nowhere.
I mean...there's thousands upon thousands of _'s in general rapping and getting nowhere, so should nobody pursue rapping anymore? Just because it don't work for one person doesn't mean it won't work another and vice versa. Honestly not even sure what point you tryna make here 
laugh.gif

You don't think Gates saying he kicked a ***** out cause she wouldn't top up his literal dog an act?
laugh.gif
 That plus the "I dont get tired" catchphrase etc was all apart of his marketing, he aint said the catchphrase or did any of that other **** since

Last edited:
All i'm saying is that acting to a point where people really think your ******ed isn't exactly the best marketing campaign. But if doing interviews with Ski Mask on & hoping to get Meme's out of it is a better strategy than pushing the music that's actually good it says so much about the consumer.

i see dudes bringing up gates and maybe it did "work" for him but personally i stopped listening to his music at all because of all the extra silly ****
gated never did reseach on polk county.. thats what got him hemmed up

Back
Top Bottom