***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Because there's nothing in between illmatic & yachty

The point is, if "real hip hop" was what was selling, then you'd see the same amount of people throwing James Brown drums breaks on samples in 5 minutes the same way you have people throwing rolling hi hats on 4/8 bar synth loops in 5 minutes

as someone who makes beats neither is that hard just because you like one type of music more...people are mad because the perception is that it's "easy" to do what Yachty or Uzi does but IMO if you are of reasonable intelligence and prowess with music creation software it's not really hard to do more traditional types of hip hop in 2017

putting big words together and saying them fast isn't hard either lol...

That's why it's so easy for the new generation to be impressed and entertained without really caring about skill. We just want something new and different, we've already seen the fast rapping big word boom bap rapper. What's next? Why do I care if you have talent if it SOUNDS GOOD.

That's literally all that matters with music. Does it sound good or not? How easy it is for you means jack **** to me. I'm sure it's easy for Steph curry to shoot 3's.

These dudes you cape for are not bringing anything new. :lol: They're just biting and jumping on what's been poppin over the last 3-4 years.

No it ain't the same. :lol: Dudes like Yachty are good rappers to these weirdos today. Post Malone is innovative to them. Wack rappers back then wasn't taken serious. Did they have hits? Yeah. Did they sell records? Yeah. But nobody would elevate them. MC Hammer was never ever taken serious and he was way more poppin than of these clowns. They worshiping a bunch of Soulja Boy's. It what it is though, I'll continue to just laugh at it.

Yachty has gotten better but he still isn't Nas.

Y'all still are out of touch thinking we have to think Yachty is a good rapper for us to like him :lol:

Was Silkk The Shocker not innovative while still being lyrically trash?

Every generation swears the generation after them is the first to go through this like your father and grandfather weren't calling Nas' and Snoop's generation "not real music" :lol:

But YOU did say the clown is a good rapper so yeah...

Reasonable is easy to create. I read that right?

Obviously it's easy to do something once it's already done but yes that sound is easy to replicate if you know what you're doing in any DAW and have a dictionary and can rap fast

as a matter of fact i might even say it's harder to craft a hit record like Black Beatles than it is to make "real hip hop" if you really wanna be honest

We gon have to put you in the Dipset General/Waves group pretty soon.

Last edited:
Post Malone is innovative.
Reasonable Doubt is easy to create.

It's not even about hating on the younger generation. I listen to more Migos than probably anything else right now. But those gotta be the two worst opinions ever

These dudes you cape for are not bringing anything new. :lol: They're just biting and jumping on what's been poppin over the last 3-4 years.

He has some verses I like. The ***** ain't Nas but I don't really want him to be for the reasons I listen to his music :lol:. I just wanna hear some catchy hard **** I'm not going to him for him to make me feel smarter by rapping about 5 percent nation or some ****.

Don't take the bait man. 

Get outta here man you make beats and you know it's not harder at all to make a RD boom bap esque beat as it is a Metro Boomin or Mexiko Dro/Zay esque beat.

How hard it is to rap maybe different for everyone maybe I'm giving y'all too much credit but if you sit someone down with a dictionary this rap **** is really not that hard.

Stuff like Jay electronica impresses me because he's pretty lryrically dense but for the most part what has been considered "classic" in the mainstream over the past few decades is not some mind blowingly hard **** to do

It's not even about hating on the younger generation. I listen to more Migos than probably anything else right now. But those gotta be the two worst opinions ever

Son ain't making no sense at all.

He has some verses I like. The ***** ain't Nas but I don't really want him to be for the reasons I listen to his music :lol:. I just wanna hear some catchy hard **** I'm not going to him for him to make me feel smarter by rapping about 5 percent nation or some ****.

Forget Nas. The point is Lil Yachty is a good rapper to you. That's what you think is good rapping. :lol:

That's all we need to know.

:lol:

It's my fault for telling that to a bunch of ****** who probably have never been inside a studio or tried to create music. There's a mystique to music that's lost when you start making it on your own and hearing/seeing how easy it is to set beats up.

like i said

why does it matter how hard it is to do something if it sounds good

do you think it's THAT much harder to make "real hip hop" lol?

i could go grab a dictionary to rhyme big words together and make every beat from Reasonable Doubt or Illmatic in 5 minutes on FL Studio

that **** is no harder than what Lil yachty is doing if you're good with words and proficient in a DAW of your choice lol.

if it sounds good to you why does it matter

Some of these discussions ain't worth having with cats because ya'll are thoroughly under the impression that music is made solely for background noise... it's much deeper than that & that's why some records burn out in a month and others are remembered in 50.

BRB.

About to go find me a dictionary. Gonna drop a classic in a few months. 

Rhymezone.com is better IMO

they even break it down into categories of how many syllables each word have so you can make those multisyllabic rhymes people go crazy for :lol:

This rap **** has never been that hard and it certainly isn't hard in 2017 with lower lyrical standards and the internet

Some of these discussions ain't worth having with cats because ya'll are thoroughly under the impression that music is made solely for background noise... it's much deeper than that & that's why some records burn out in a month and others are remembered in 50.

I completely agree and i'm not saying Yachty will be remembered in 50 at all (btw how many records do you remember from 1966 without google)

Son ain't making no sense at all.
Forget Nas. The point is Lil Yachty is a good rapper to you. That's what you think is good rapping. :lol:

That's all we need to know.

A good rapper to me RN would be Chance, Kevin Gates, Drake when he's on his Time In City pocket, Offset/Takeoff, Kendrick, Noname, Skippa Da Flippa, Young MA,

those are more good rappers to me Yachty just has verses and music i like

Man any interviews dropped on the BC recently? I've seen some outlandish **** discussing the SB rappers but this ***** really said it's harder to do what Yachty does than it is to make something on the level of reasonable doubt, an album that is considered amongst one of the greatest projects in hiphop history........

And ya'll wonder why people are up in arms? why we can't just let the youngins live? because if we hand the reigns over to these ****** solely rap music will cease to exist another two decades

Reasonable is easy to create. I read that right?

Obviously it's easy to do something once it's already done but yes that sound is easy to replicate if you know what you're doing in any DAW and have a dictionary and can rap fast

as a matter of fact i might even say it's harder to craft a hit record like Black Beatles than it is to make "real hip hop" if you really wanna be honest

We gon have to put you in the Dipset General/Waves group pretty soon.
He already been inducted, y'all know flesh be on the same bs time n time again :lol:

Anyway ...COLD LIKE MINNESOTA

Man any interviews dropped on the BC recently? I've seen some outlandish **** discussing the SB rappers but this ***** really said it's harder to do what Yachty does than it is to make something on the level of reasonable doubt, an album that is considered amongst one of the greatest projects in hiphop history........

And ya'll wonder why people are up in arms? why we can't just let the youngins live? because if we hand the reigns over to these ****** solely rap music will cease to exist another two decades

Please quote me where I said it was harder to do what yachty does...i said it's harder to make a black beatles type record...and it is...swae lee is one of those dudes who could really be a indie rock/pop star in a non ironic way

I've already told y'all that lyrical rap will be a niche thing like jazz in the next 15 years :lol:

if our generation is bad then imagine our sons who are gonna have half the attention spans we have...maybe y'all can stop that from happening if you'd big up artists you like instead of focusing on the ones you don't :lol:

Last edited:
that i do in other post, artist i don't like get discussed in here because they're usually involved in some **** outside of the music

Because there's nothing in between illmatic & yachty

The point is, if "real hip hop" was what was selling, then you'd see the same amount of people throwing James Brown drums breaks on samples in 5 minutes the same way you have people throwing rolling hi hats on 4/8 bar synth loops in 5 minutes

as someone who makes beats neither is that hard just because you like one type of music more...people are mad because the perception is that it's "easy" to do what Yachty or Uzi does but IMO if you are of reasonable intelligence and prowess with music creation software it's not really hard to do more traditional types of hip hop in 2017

putting big words together and saying them fast isn't hard either lol...

That's why it's so easy for the new generation to be impressed and entertained without really caring about skill. We just want something new and different, we've already seen the fast rapping big word boom bap rapper. What's next? Why do I care if you have talent if it SOUNDS GOOD.

That's literally all that matters with music. Does it sound good or not? How easy it is for you means jack **** to me. I'm sure it's easy for Steph curry to shoot 3's.

Are you claiming that Reasonable Doubt, Ready to Die, All Eyez, Its Dark, etc were easier to make than Lil Boat because those projects were just fast dictionary rhyming?

Last edited:
Are you claiming that Reasonable Doubt, Ready to Die, All Eyez, Its Dark, etc were easy to make because it was just fast dictionary rhyming?

Not at all. Like I said, it's always easy to do something after it's been done.

But if someone wanted to make that type of music today then it wouldn't be any harder to do than it would be to make **** like Uzi/Yachty thanks to dictionaries, rhyming resources on the internet, lower lyrical standards nowadays and the fact that those style of beats are not hard to make. Perfect example: that Conway dude from NY yall **** ride.

But the root of the whole thing started when people were so shocked that someone could like music that's easy to make.

Last edited:
Are you claiming that Reasonable Doubt, Ready to Die, All Eyez, Its Dark, etc were easy to make because it was just fast dictionary rhyming?

Not at all. Like I said, it's always easy to do something after it's been done.

But if someone wanted to make that type of music today then it wouldn't be any harder to do than it would be to make **** like Uzi/Yachty thanks to dictionaries, rhyming resources on the internet, lower lyrical standards nowadays and the fact that those style of beats are not hard to make. Perfect example: that Conway dude from NY yall **** ride.

But the root of the whole thing started when people were so shocked that someone could like music that's easy to make.
So you're saying, today, it was harder to create Lil boat than Good Kid Mad City?

Just trying to understand.

So you're saying, today, it was harder to create Lil boat than Good Kid Mad City?

Just trying to understand.

No because there were aspects of GKMC that innovated.

I gave the example of that Conway guy who made that "this is for my stuck in the 90's ******" type music

and i don't think that or boat is harder to do...they're both pretty formulaic and simple because that's what the respective audiences want

but :lol: if you think that takes some extraordinary talent like it's not just as formulaic to make as "i pull up and **** on your ***** ya" over rolling hi hats and 808s.

J Cole has been just as formulaic even though you couldn't as easily remake his beats as he uses a lot of live instrumentation in his ****

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom