***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

All you doing is crying about how bad **** is without talking about who you think is dope

Like I said, there's plenty of cats that's dope out here but if all you wanna do is spotlight the bad, then so be it, more power to you.
I do that OFTEN on here. Ask @STR8DROP

Bottom line is ya'll ****** in yall feels cause you feel like your generation is being attacked. And to that I say...stop *****ing. Make better music.

Last edited:
Right...because me "tweeting" about music has the same effect and mass media.

**** outta here.

Let me ask a question...why am I not allowed to call something trash? Are you ****** having this same argument with the masses of people who call Kendrick and Cole trash? Are ya'll crying "leave them" alone...or is it only these trash dudes ya'll feel the need to cry about when they get critiqued?

Again...WHEN DID IT BECOME WRONG TO CRITIQUE ART?

The issue isn't the criticism fam, you can nitpick and critique all you want

But why spend so much time criticizing the bad without highlighting the dope **** out here?

Alright. Every time I call Yachty trash I'll post a link of something I think that's hot.

Is that how that works?

I do that OFTEN on here. Ask @STR8DROP

Bottom line is ya'll ****** in yall feels cause you feel like your generation is being attacked. And to that I say...stop *****ing. Make better music.

In my feels? Over boat and uzi?

**** man :rofl: come on fam, hardly

Y'all more in y'all feels than the young ****** fam. That one guy In here was legit crying over not being able to find good hip-hop. Practically threw a tantrum over where hip hop may go in the next 20 yrs I think he said :lol:

And at the end of the day this is all subjective and opinionated so I mean, in my feels? Over them? I guess lol I wouldn't even consider guys who won't be here longer than a yr or 2 a reflection of a generation anyway

Last edited:
Alright. Every time I call Yachty trash I'll post a link of something I think that's hot.

Is that how that works?

:lol:

You're being facetious. I only brought that up because the dude who basically spearheaded this the last couple of days never posts about who he likes,

But sure, if you want to go ahead lol

Yeah I can't lie @STARBOY  has always tried to highlight the dope artists out there and put _'s on

It's definitely not all one sided his way

Edit: I just made a thread for Cousin Stizz and he put me on bruh 2 years ago
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm not trying to make this one generation vs the other. I'm just saying ****** need to demand better.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous these little pop tarts are getting a major push and ****** like Stizz gotta wait until Drake comes and steal their style in order to get on. 

We all need to demand better...and that's not so much an attack on the artists themselves but on the powers that be that they can't keep feeding us this BS. I got little brothers so I be plugged into that culture...observing from afar. the young ****** are getting dumber and the music is part of that. We gotta stop this ****. 

Last edited:
Little pop tarts lmao :lol: :lol:

I do think there's a balance to be had as well. It's gotten to a point where ******, or the powers that be rather, feel like you have to be a simple, and as bad as boat is to get hot when that isn't true

Look at cole, look at dot, look at drake, he'll look at Sean even, good rap music still sells and it doesn't have to be purposely awful for it to do so

We are in an era where the fan in hiphop doesn't even care if the artist has talent, this is how disposable the music has become. Hip hop music has become new age elevator music to some of these cats.

And if it wasn't for dudes who really care about there craft being the biggest artist in the game i would be extremely worried about this culture surviving another 20 years.

the travesty is knowing how much game was given from a Jay, Nas, Scarface, Cube etc etc etc and to think that there's probably dozens of cats out there who can provide that same inspiration and game to this era, but instead their music is being denied to make way for ANOTHER ***** who doesn't give a **** about making good music, isn't saying much of anything, and can be replaced with anyone off of the street.

If your at a record label you have to love the state of rap nowadays. No value in the art at all it's just something to sell.

like i said

why does it matter how hard it is to do something if it sounds good

do you think it's THAT much harder to make "real hip hop" lol?

i could go grab a dictionary to rhyme big words together and make every beat from Reasonable Doubt or Illmatic in 5 minutes on FL Studio

that **** is no harder than what Lil yachty is doing if you're good with words and proficient in a DAW of your choice lol.

if it sounds good to you why does it matter

:lol:

of all people though?

lol

ASAP-PERM.jpg

"i be that pretty mother ******"

i don't think either of them are sweet but yams rest his soul should be the last person to be on this type of ****

EDIT: just saw that this was 2010 so it's even funnier than a year later he was taking influence from Brandon to help mold Rocky's vibe :lol: B was warming us up for Rocky to wear perms and dress esque garments

Last edited:
Little pop tarts lmao
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I do think there's a balance to be had as well. It's gotten to a point where ******, or the powers that be rather, feel like you have to be a simple, and as bad as boat is to get hot when that isn't true

Look at cole, look at dot, look at drake, he'll look at Sean even, good rap music still sells and it doesn't have to be purposely awful for it to do so
Even though I ******* hate XXL and I think those lists are paid for...just look at how progressively worse the talent on those Freshmen lists are getting 
laugh.gif

Like...you can't tell me there isn't a devolution taking place. 

Even if it was one sided no one should be offended by calling lil yachty trash :lol:

Idk if offended is the right word,

But by no means should yachty and these color headed ****** represent what's wrong with the youth when the same youth have also championed Kendrick, Drake, cole, Dave east, etc etc

There's a certain duality to it and it just kind of sounds like, to me, that (and not just on here but in general) that people have conceived notions about this generation and prop up uzi and 21 and boat to justify said notions

No one uses MC Hammer to talk about how bad rap used to be...

We are in an era where the fan in hiphop doesn't even care if the artist has talent, this is how disposable the music has become. Hip hop music has become new age elevator music to some of these cats.

And if it wasn't for dudes who really care about there craft being the biggest artist in the game i would be extremely worried about this culture surviving another 20 years.

the travesty is knowing how much game was given from a Jay, Nas, Scarface, Cube etc etc etc and to think that there's probably dozens of cats out there who can provide that same inspiration and game to this era, but instead their music is being denied to make way for ANOTHER ***** who doesn't give a **** about making good music, isn't saying much of anything, and can be replaced with anyone off of the street.

If your at a record label you have to love the state of rap nowadays. No value in the art at all it's just something to sell.

like i said

i could go grab a dictionary to rhyme big words together and make every beat from Reasonable Doubt or Illmatic in 5 minutes on FL Studio

that **** is no harder than what Lil yachty is doing if you're good with words and proficient in a DAW of your choice lol.

:rofl: :rofl: dawg

like i said

Because there's nothing in between illmatic & yachty

I have not heard a singular record of Yachty outside of Broccoli & that Minnesota BS, outside of NT & some random blogs i follow son doesn't cross me. Hell it's not even him specifically it's what he represents as a whole that i have a problem with. when acts like him are being promoted over people with talent it bothers me, it waters down rap as a whole and it's making it harder and harder for artist who are actually trying to make good music to get their stuff out because for every J cole, there's twenty trash ****** blasting links to trash.

just the search of finding new music is difficult because it has become acceptable to be pure trash.

but who's promoting him

the same white hipster Noisey type of blogs that make him seem bigger than he is also have put me on to dope more eccentric/traditionally lyrical artists

is someone promoting him or are kids gravitating towards him on there own because like i've BEEN saying we're in an a la carte music industry where people can choose to engage with this culture how they want to and a third party doesn't have to tell them what to like and when to listen to music

Because there's nothing in between illmatic & yachty

The point is, if "real hip hop" was what was selling, then you'd see the same amount of people throwing James Brown drums breaks on samples in 5 minutes the same way you have people throwing rolling hi hats on 4/8 bar synth loops in 5 minutes

as someone who makes beats neither is that hard just because you like one type of music more...people are mad because the perception is that it's "easy" to do what Yachty or Uzi does but IMO if you are of reasonable intelligence and prowess with music creation software it's not really hard to do more traditional types of hip hop in 2017

putting big words together and saying them fast isn't hard either lol...

That's why it's so easy for the new generation to be impressed and entertained without really caring about skill. We just want something new and different, we've already seen the fast rapping big word boom bap rapper. What's next? Why do I care if you have talent if it SOUNDS GOOD.

That's literally all that matters with music. Does it sound good or not? How easy it is for you means jack **** to me. I'm sure it's easy for Steph curry to shoot 3's.

The point is, if "real hip hop" was what was selling, then you'd see the same amount of people throwing James Brown drums breaks on samples in 5 minutes the same way you have people throwing rolling hi hats on 4/8 bar synth loops in 5 minutes

as someone who makes beats neither is that hard just because you like one type of music more...people are mad because the perception is that it's "easy" to do what Yachty or Uzi does but IMO if you are of reasonable intelligence and prowess with music creation software it's not really hard to do more traditional types of hip hop in 2017

putting big words together and saying them fast isn't hard either lol...

That's why it's so easy for the new generation to be impressed and entertained without really caring about skill. We just want something new and different, we've already seen the fast rapping big word boom bap rapper. What's next? Why do I care if you have talent if it SOUNDS GOOD.

That's literally all that matters with music. Does it sound good or not? How easy it is for you means jack **** to me. I'm sure it's easy for Steph curry to shoot 3's.

The biggest sellers are Drake, Kanye, Kendrick and J Cole

and..............

No it ain't the same. :lol: Dudes like Yachty are good rappers to these weirdos today. Post Malone is innovative to them. Wack rappers back then wasn't taken serious. Did they have hits? Yeah. Did they sell records? Yeah. But nobody would elevate them. MC Hammer was never ever taken serious and he was way more poppin than of these clowns. They worshiping a bunch of Soulja Boy's. It what it is though, I'll continue to just laugh at it.

Yachty has gotten better but he still isn't Nas.

Y'all still are out of touch thinking we have to think Yachty is a good rapper for us to like him :lol:

Was Silkk The Shocker not innovative while still being lyrically trash?

Every generation swears the generation after them is the first to go through this like your father and grandfather weren't calling Nas' and Snoop's generation "not real music" :lol:

The biggest sellers are Drake, Kanye, Kendrick and J Cole

and..............

Even though two of these could be argued aren't making "real hip hop" right now...

I should have said garnered the most attention instead...those guys fanbases are solidified they aren't new artists who came and garnered that buzz recently

Even though you have a hard time naming another big "lyrical" seller since. I can think of Gates and Chance, Meek if you wanna count him as being after that generation.

Last edited:
Reasonable is easy to create. I read that right?

Obviously it's easy to do something once it's already done but yes that sound is easy to replicate if you know what you're doing in any DAW and have a dictionary and can rap fast

as a matter of fact i might even say it's harder to craft a hit record like Black Beatles than it is to make "real hip hop" if you really wanna be honest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom