***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Put some respeck on Young Rich and Dangerous. Kriss kross dropped a good album when they were older

I'm sure they did.

They legit were before my time.

But I've never heard anyone mention them as great or even good rappers, but I know that at one point they had hella juice as mc's even though they weren't considered great or elite rappers

It's pretty much the same now.

They came out in 1992 when the west coast had a stranglehold on the game.

They came out in 1992 when the west coast had a stranglehold on the game.

I spent part of 92' in the womb

Which isn't really an excuse cause I love PAC and have all his back catalog and I'm a 90's r&b fanatic, but I just never had the urge to get into them.

For a million dollars rn I couldn't name 5 records from kriss kross. I just know they had a couple of hits and wore their clothes backwards

Put some respeck on Young Rich and Dangerous. Kriss kross dropped a good album when they were older

I'm sure they did.

They legit were before my time.

But I've never heard anyone mention them as great or even good rappers, but I know that at one point they had hella juice as mc's even though they weren't considered great or elite rappers

It's pretty much the same now.

No it ain't the same. :lol: Dudes like Yachty are good rappers to these weirdos today. Post Malone is innovative to them. Wack rappers back then wasn't taken serious. Did they have hits? Yeah. Did they sell records? Yeah. But nobody would elevate them. MC Hammer was never ever taken serious and he was way more poppin than of these clowns. They worshiping a bunch of Soulja Boy's. It what it is though, I'll continue to just laugh at it.

Last edited:
No it ain't the same. :lol: Dudes like Yachty are good rappers to these weirdos today. Post Malone is innovative to them. Wack rappers back then wasn't taken serious. Did they have hits? Yeah. Did they sell records? Yeah. But nobody that knew hip hop would elevate them. MC Hammer was never ever taken serious and he was way more poppin than of these clowns. They worshiping a bunch of Soulja Boy's. It what it is though, I'll continue to just laugh at it.

Come on man who's taking post Malone and boat seriously as rappers :lol:

You just flat out exaggerating now to prove a point

No one today is taking "these clowns" seriously as rappers lol just like in the past they making hot microwaved radio records

Fact is kriss kross was hugely popular but in all their popularity, you wouldn't put them as one of the hottest groups out. Dre and cube were dropping classics in 92. Their second album in 93 wasn't a huge success and by then the east coast was coming back.

I'm sounding like an old head but the gold standard of quality isn't the same. Buzz back then didn't mean great music. It was a different climate

Finding new music has literally never been easier

Idk what age y'all _'s living in man 
laugh.gif

Finding new music has literally never been easier

Idk what age y'all _'s living in man :lol:

NEVER

And yet somehow Lil Boat and Uzi are putting the next 20 years for hip hop in jeapordy :lol:

I mean maybe, but from a personal standpoint it's never been more easier to avoid trash rap music.

Boat don't bother me cause I've never had to really listen to him. Why spend all this time shooting down these young ****** who "trash" to you when you could be gassing and spreading **** that you think is dope

Part of the appeal with boat and uzi and 21 and these new cats is that they're so bad they're good almost. Look at how up and arms they get ppl. It works to their advantage

Snoop, Quik, 3 stacks etc had blow outs and perms.....

Albeit, not bright pink :lol:. I can't stand Yachty.....but let's stop acting like eccentric **** ain't been happening in hip hop for the longest. The DogFather was rocking curls, with painted long nails at one point :lol:.

The jheri curl was a California thing, not to mention, once Michael Jackson rocked it, it became a phenomenon. Snoop was influenced by pimps to wear the blowout and curly locks. Quik straightened his hair out because of Prince and MJ.

No it ain't the same. :lol: Dudes like Yachty are good rappers to these weirdos today. Post Malone is innovative to them. Wack rappers back then wasn't taken serious. Did they have hits? Yeah. Did they sell records? Yeah. But nobody that knew hip hop would elevate them. MC Hammer was never ever taken serious and he was way more poppin than of these clowns. They worshiping a bunch of Soulja Boy's. It what it is though, I'll continue to just laugh at it.

Come on man who's taking post Malone and boat seriously as rappers :lol:

You just flat out exaggerating now to prove a point

No one today is taking "these clowns" seriously as rappers lol just like in the past they making hot microwaved radio records

This explains alot about some of your posts. :lol:

yeah cole for me peaked with FNL

that was my **** back then but he hasn't switched it up since

at least post is something relatively new

innovation > being a good rapper that makes mediocre music

I would say Cole should switch it up but it's so late in his career and he's had such a successful one that it really would probably make no difference to him

Innovation?

91c253943a654f1667043af3d3acae06e31035c.gif

Whatever lane you put them in they trash. They don't rap good, they not good on hooks. And you right nobody is forcing us to listen to them but it's nothing wrong with pointing out the garbage that's out.

Yachty actually can rap

People just have already made up their mind to make him the scape goat of everything they don't like about hip hop now

Uzi is okay, his flow and beat selection is what makes him special

I don't mind Yachty's features on some of those Flippa records, it don't stop my dab but that's all I can take. Just not for me.

View media item 2269117
So i'm lying?

Last edited:
Kriss Kross was HUGE (for like 2-3 years). They were the opening act for MJ's Dangerous Tour in '92. But, Jermaine Dupri was the brainchild behind most of that. MC Hammer wasn't necessarily noted for his rhyming skills, but nobody in hip-hop could touch him as an overall entertainer. Dude was a force. If people now could've actually seen his shows up close, they would've been blown away.

When did the conversation become about finding new music?

These lil ****** have a machine behind em. Obviously the masses are going to move towards what's getting pushed. That's WHY rappers are seeking record deals. It's the fastest track to fame. Until these goofy *** ****** stop getting alley ooped...they deserve the slander. Stop crying. 

Ain't no "gatekeepers" no more.

Last edited:
The irony in saying "y'all soft" and "stop crying" when essentially this thread has turned into a cesspool of people crying about how bad hip hop is now.

Whatever. Im off it. don't even care for lil boat or 21 or any of these guys :lol: I just don't see the point in being so up in arms over something so avoidable lol

Last edited:

When did the conversation become about finding new music?

These lil ****** have a machine behind em. Obviously the masses are going to move towards what's getting pushed. That's WHY rappers are seeking record deals. It's the fastest track to fame. Until these goofy *** ****** stop getting alley ooped...they deserve the slander. Stop crying. 

Ain't no "gatekeepers" no more.
 just the search of finding new music is difficult because it has become acceptable to be pure trash.

The irony in saying "y'all soft" and "stop crying" when essentially this thread has turned into a cesspool of people crying about how bad hip hop is now.

Whatever. Im off it. don't even care for lil boat or 21 or any of these guys
laugh.gif
I just don't see the point in being so up in arms over something so avoidable lol
It's called being a critic. Since when the **** did art not get critiqued? It's crying when you little dweebs start complaining about it. 

If you can call something hot...I can call that **** trash. And vice versa. That's not "crying"...and that's why ya'll soft. Ya'll can't take the criticism. 

Last edited:
So we gonna pretend like wack rappers wasn't selling more records in the 90s and early 2000s with far greater push ? Dudes in here rewriting history ...hammer was everywhere and far more popular then uzi yatchy etc same for vanilla ice ... dudes just mad and butt hurt hiphop is moving away from the style they enjoy ..the same thing old heads were doing to us in the early 2000s .... like it's so easy to avoid wack rappers now like you literally have to be looking for it .. 90s -2000s on the other hand is a different story

Why spend all this time shooting down these young ****** who "trash" to you when you could be gassing and spreading **** that you think is dope

Part of the appeal with boat and uzi and 21 and these new cats is that they're so bad they're good almost. Look at how up and arms they get ppl. It works to their advantage
I was actually talking to one of my female homies about this other day, she used to work in marketing, now PR. She was saying people nowadays are more likely to FB status or rant at the top of their lungs about some **** they hate, don't like, think is wack, etc than they are to put the same energy into singing the praises of somebody they do  like. So in a way they end up giving this thing they hate the attention they wish it didn't have.

Kinda like Thug with the gay ****. _'s who hate him ended up giving him way more attention than he ever would've gotten that early in his career 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
So we gonna pretend like wack rappers wasn't selling more records in the 90s and early 2000s with far greater push ? Dudes in here rewriting history ...hammer was everywhere and far more popular then uzi yatchy etc same for vanilla ice ... dudes just mad and butt hurt hiphop is moving away from the style they enjoy ..the same thing old heads were doing to us in the early 2000s .... like it's so easy to avoid wack rappers now like you literally have to be looking for it .. 90s -2000s on the other hand is a different story
1. People called Hammer trash back then too. What are you talking about?

2. Commercial Hip-Hop was FAR more balanced back then compared to now. That's why when ****** start naming who's making "good" music, they stuck to the same few names. 

Last edited:
Right, but there's a balance

I don't care about who y'all criticize, critique to your heart's desire :lol: I think a lot of what y'all think is hot is trash but I don't come for people's opinions because it's all subjective anyway. Besides, y'all take people's opinions on the music as an indictment on an entire generation and that's wack but anyway :lol:

But I personally hate those people who criticize without offering the other side of things. That's crying to me. All you doing is crying about how bad **** is without talking about who you think is dope

Like I said, there's plenty of cats that's dope out here but if all you wanna do is spotlight the bad, then so be it, more power to you.

Right...because me "tweeting" about music has the same effect as mass media.

**** outta here.

Let me ask a question...why am I not allowed to call something trash? Are you ****** having this same argument with the masses of people who call Kendrick and Cole trash? Are ya'll crying "leave them" alone...or is it only these trash dudes ya'll feel the need to cry about when they get critiqued?

Again...WHEN DID IT BECOME WRONG TO CRITIQUE ART?

Last edited:
I was actually talking to one of my female homies about this other day, she used to work in marketing, now PR. She was saying people nowadays are more likely to FB status or rant at the top of their lungs about some **** they hate, don't like, think is wack, etc than they are to put the same energy into singing the praises of somebody they do like. So in a way they end up giving this thing they hate the attention they wish it didn't have.

Kinda like Thug with the gay ****. _'s who hate him ended up giving him way more attention than he ever would've gotten that early in his career :lol:  

Exactly.

I personally have seen little conversation about the dope **** in hip-hop in here, but ****** go on for pages about how boat is the worst thing they've ever heard

Like my man said critize it. Go ahead. That's part of the music experience. But if you can't even find the dope **** that's out today, or if all you wanna do is critize then I mean...

And like I said, there's a sentiment behind these criticisms that go beyond 'the music sucks' anyway

Back
Top Bottom