***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

laugh.gif

This N just used Orlando Brown as a example. :lol:

I'm done. :lol: You gotta know who you talking to in some of these discussions.

has he not gained much more visibility due to social media?

have his antics not gotten him more "buzz" as a brand and public figure than him going on the View or if he signed with an agency to go do whatever it is he "does" :lol: on Stephen Colbert or Seth Green?

Last edited:
Agreed. Terrible list.
In my opinion "Hot" doesn't translate into record sales because only a handful of artists in music actually can sell a project to gold or platinum status. Hot is commercials, a TMZ following, social media awareness, youtube recognition.

We can agree to disagree.

for the last time i didn't say they weren't hot or didn't have a buzz it's just extremely overstated when people are in here trying to say they have an impact comparable to a SUPERSTAR rapper.

I also Brought up Desiigner because it's extremely hypocritical to base Hotness off of club Records, Impact off 1 or two records, social media presence and somehow not Have Desiigner up there but have the other three

- Panda is sitting at 4X Platinum
- Timmy Turner is certified Gold
- Those two songs together based on youtube plays is nearing 500 Million spins
- Panda has gotten more overall spins then Adele's Hello this year.........
- Desiigner has performed on every major award show, done the same size venues as the other three & has been nominated for a grammy
- At no point this year have you been able to escape Desiigner on social media this year, constant future comparisons, Gifs of him dabbing, The timmy turner meme's and videos

Not to mention that Timmy Turner, a song that his been out since summer (and ya'll told me nobody listens too) has been streamed more times in the last week then songs such as Too Much Sauce, You Was right, 1 night & Sneakin & Money Longer... All songs from Uzi, 21 & Yachty (Featuring guys like Drake & future) which right now are not being played more than Desiigners second hit record. So tell me how those guys are hot but Desiigner isn't if even right Now Panda & TT are outperforming these guys songs on every level (Youtube plays, Streams, Club play, Awards, recognition).

I need answers that don't consist of my man's auz cord and that one night i went to the bar

I need receipts. "Panda" isn't 4x Platinum. No friggin' way! :wow:

It's not really surprising honestly. U got a dude that comes along every few years outta nowhere and drops a mega hit. He could be mopping floors at the bowling alley next summer Ala Trinidad James so the jury is still out. But that song was huge, on rap,pop, rnb hell every type of radio station.

Bro so your pretty much typed all that **** to say there isn't a barometer for hotness in rap..... if said rapper thinks he's the hottest in the game it should b

yea man i quit i don't even know what homie tryna debate anymore... All i know is meek dropped a free mixtape had it up for streams & still did 90K first week, some of these dudes ain't crackin 10k under the same platform yet they're hotter :lol:

has he not gained much more visibility due to social media?

have his antics not gotten him more "buzz" as a brand and public figure than him going on the View or if he signed with an agency to go do whatever it is he "does" :lol: on Stephen Colbert or Seth Green?

What buzz? He bout to drop hot a album or something? You gon bump it? :lol:

No disrespect to the brotha but he's a failed actor/coke head that people laugh at. Ain't nothing gonna come from his antics. People will laugh at him then he'll fade.

Last edited:
Gucci hot97 joint out :smokin
Wonder why he never goes to bc

Last edited:
Crazy how dude had like 4 different runs. I agree tho this is the best since 08. He will never be able to top that, he took over the world and was on everything... then went to jail again.

What buzz? He bout to drop hot a album or something? You gon bump it?
laugh.gif

No disrespect to the brotha but he's a failed actor/coke head that people laugh at. Ain't nothing gonna come from his antics. People will laugh at him then he'll fade.
I don't know what his end game is but the point of me bringing him up was saying that he's utilized social media to give him an audience that traditional media outlets didn't provide him with. As long as he's built an audience that's all that matters.

That was brought up to say...traditional media outlets aren't the end all be all. Uzi and Kendrick have both amassed millions of streams this year but one is more valuable because it's on Apple Music instead of Spinrilla/DatPiff/MyMixtapez/LiveMixtapes?

Y'all letting y'alls dislike of certain artists discredit the concept of an a la carte music culture when every form of media is moving towards it.
laugh.gif
 Nobody is sitting around waiting on the radio to play their favorite song. To think tracking aux cord/mixtape streams and incorporating them into metrics is silly because you don't like the type of artist who would be the poster child for that concept right now is foolish. If Chance didn't catch the Apple deal, he'd be campaigning for the same thing.

Twitter/IG/etc. is the new TRL and 106. That's how kids and young adults interact with music culture now. Dismissing going viral or a meme as a moment that can expand the fanbase of an artist is foolish.

The root of the discussion was YG and 21 being over Kendrick and @tyisny  saying that Kendrick is hotter because he succeeded more in traditional media outlets.

For the most part, for my generation...a late night performance has the same effect as a meme because we're going to see and interact with both...on our TIMELINE. Traditional media outlets aren't all that much more valuable than Twitter/IG moments...as a matter of fact...it could be argued that social media is a more valuable metric than television because at any given moment more people are on social media potentially interacting with memes and moments than there are people watching whatever nerdy white man make corny jokes about the news.

Which y'all laughed at the timeline as a concept of that being a place to gauge how hot people are...when you probably haven't gone 10-20 minutes from interacting with or browsing some form of social media on some form of timeline...

This all comes down to your dislike of Uzi/Yachty/21/Thug/etc. the direction they've taken and are taking hip hop in and that is leading you to discredit the concept of a la carte music culture (Twitter, Soundcloud, Mixtape Apps, Aux Cords) and visibility in that arena being less valuable than those of traditional media (Television Shows, Traditional Album Sales and Radio).
@FLESH PRINCE  is the OG autistic aux cord A&R. I'm gonna call this n_ "Lil Young Al Reid .45 Savage" from now on

Last edited:
Everybody thought it was over for the goat when young dropped stay strapped. Hard to kill came out then he went on a legendary mixtape run. Might be one of the goat hip hop stories next to 50 imo

He said in the hot97 interview that's what he doing 2017. He said he wanted to come out get his music out now it's time to relaunch his label and find talent. And we know son eye for talent so we might or might not be blessed with some new fire.

Y'all like to hate on the youngin flesh prince flesh prince .....but I appreciate what dude brings sometimes.

Can't cosign his Kardashian bs (although I can see his point to a degree)....but he's in tune for the most part when it comes to this generation of music....and moving forward.

Flesh, you cannot be hotter than someone when you can't sell more records than them. When that person gains more interest than you. It ain't about liking of disliking anybody. We just have different definitions of what "hotter" means.

Y'all like to hate on the youngin flesh prince flesh prince .....but I appreciate what dude brings sometimes.

Can't cosign his Kardashian bs (although I can see his point to a degree)....but he's in tune for the most part when it comes to this generation of music....and moving forward.

He is but lil man stay going overboard. :lol:

Last edited:

There's no hate, there's just no point in discussing something with someone who has no reasoning when faced with Facts. Dude is trying to Argue that Somehow 21/yachty are as hot as Kendrick lamar because he thinks they're hotter on social media & hears his friends play it more (two factors which cannot be measured). but if you look at anything tangible in any category they aren't close AT ALL.

Social media is absolutely a help to artist but nobody should be considered hottest in rap if the general public doesn't know who the **** you are. that trio of ****** is JUST getting to a point where people not in a certain niche know who they are. Homie continuously comes into these threads challenging facts and numbers with his friends aux cord plays and Spinrilla numbers.

1'000'000 spins on a mixtape app & a million singles sold are Completely different plateaus, having a meme online does not equal the same exposure of your music career as performing at the ****** grammy's. do you see these outlandish comparisons homie is throwing out here.

Back
Top Bottom