***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

This is like saying Yung Joc was hotter than Kanye 06-07 cuz Joc had the parties on smash and they was doing his dance on youtube.

Idk man

How you hotter than another artist at the moment without a single record in rotation?

By 07 Joc had fallen off and Kanye was having his breakout year with Graduation and the 50 thing.

But in 06 there very well may have been a period where Joc was hotter than Ye if Joc has the hottest record in the country and Ye was just chilling since Late Regristration.

You think by placing one hit wonder artists against heavyweights and legends that's gonna eliminate the fact that hottest means who has the higher buzz at any point in time. Not who's gonna be around longer or who makes the better or more lasting music

Right.

Kendrick has one song popping right now and that's Don't wanna know (which I love) and that's not even a rap song

If you don't have no music popping online, on radio, no records currently charting, no virability at the moment, you aren't hot.

What people have to realize is though, is that guys like kendrick are beyond just "hot" anyway.

Really the list shouldn't include guys like kendrick, but that's another story

Right.

Kendrick has one song popping right now and that's Don't wanna know (which I love) and that's not even a rap song

If you don't have no music popping online, on radio, no records currently charting, no virability at the moment, you aren't hot.

What people have to realize is though, is that guys like kendrick are beyond just "hot" anyway.

Really the list shouldn't include guys like kendrick, but that's another story

He has no music popping online... Based off MTV's stat he's averaging 8.8 Million streams per week, so clearly people are listening to him heavily right?
he's not on radio..... Yet he's featured on Beyonce, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Schoolboy Q, & Tribe's album.... i guarantee atleast 3 of those albums are gonna land in the top 10 best selling albums of this year.. people are gonna see and hear him right?
no virability....... Nah but he is closing out festivals that hold anywhere from 50k-80k people, people are gonna see and hear him right?
he has no records charting.. as far as streaming goes he's currently featured on 3 songs in the top 50 charts.. that also means people are seeing him & hearing him right?

point blank this year Kendrick kept his name shining BRIGHT in hiphop and he didn't have to touch a singular club hit, fact of the matter is he's by far Hotter than A lot of ******..

Now my next point is if we're gonna follow this idea that you have to have a hot song and TL discussion and be popping in the clubs...... Then how is Desiigner not ranked higher than 21, Uzi & yachty??

Based on billboards charts which cover Physical sales, radio play, streaming services, youtube & soundcloud... he has two songs in the top 100 in comparison that Trio has 1 (and that's yachty being featured on Broccoli at 34). Based on that Desiigners song has racked up more plays overall than Adele's Hello & Hotline Bling this year.

- So outside of One Dance, he has the most played hiphop song of the year & another one rounding out the top 100
- He was featured on Ye's album
- He's performed EVERYWHERE, i've accidentally seen him perform two times this year while being at someone else's show
- apparently meme's are a variable :smile:{ ) ..... the number of future/desiigner meme's and dabbing Meme's is ridiculous..
- As of this week based off purely streaming numbers (AGAIN this includes Youtube, Soundcloud, Spotify, Apple Music) Panda(#24) which came out a year ago is still getting more plays then..... 21- No Heart (#30), Future & Drake - Used to this(#32), Future/Uzi - Too Much Sauce(#38), Uzi - U was right (#40) & Yachty - 1 Night (#41)

Timmy Turner the song that "Nobody listens too" is certified gold & also made the top 100 played songs of the year... a list which Uzi or Savage aren't on, not even as a featured artist ? So going by ya'll standards i would love to know how Desiigner isn't hotter than those three.

View media item 2263130

It's sad that Stevie has become a joke over the years. Most people don't know how dope his music was in the 90s and how talented he is.

Who in the **** is listening to 2Chainz in 2016?

It's sad that Stevie has become a joke over the years. Most people don't know how dope his music was in the 90s and how talented he is.

Who in the **** is listening to 2Chainz in 2016?

It's 2Chainz, not Chingy. Dude has dropped a lot of good stuff this year, which is pretty impressive cause this feels like his 3rd resurgence

Son posts in the Plies thread asking who's listening to 2Chainz in 2016 
roll.gif

10 rappers dropped better music in 2016 than chainz?

How?
Hottest.. hottest... HOTTEST. 2 chainz had a hell of a year but u could argue 10 rappers were HOTTER. He would be on my list but I can see how u say 10 guys are HOTTER.

10 rappers dropped better music in 2016 than chainz?

How?
Hottest.. hottest... HOTTEST. 2 chainz had a hell of a year but u could argue 10 rappers were HOTTER. He would be on my list but I can see how u say 10 guys are HOTTER.

Heat index is subjective, but according to wavy's list meek had a better year.

Or just name me 10 rappers that have put out better music. Better songs than Big Amount or Good Drank

Or just name me 10 rappers that have put out better music. Better songs than Big Amount or Good Drank

2 Chaimz is up there. Forgot how to include him.

He's in the last spot range. He been killing 2016. This ****** has the most resurgences :lol:

Better music is gonna be subjective also but once again good music isn't gonna matter when people wanna discuss who's the hottest. I think chainz is top 10 but I could also see how people put others ahead of him. Chainz was kinda under the radar with his run he's on. Noone is really talking about it outside of us honestly. I've had to chime in on social media discussions just to bring attention to it Cuz people not talking about it.

Son posts in the Plies thread asking who's listening to 2Chainz in 2016 :rofl:  

This is a good point. Can't argue it. I can't listen to anything new 2 Chainz has done. Everything I've heard from him in the last 2-3 years was trash. His lyrics are worse than ever and he's 45. I'm good off that.

I don't know anyone listening to 2Chainz or Plies except Running Off the Plug which might have been 2015.

These lists are always funny because it's hottest, not most lyrical or talented which is hard to separate at times for some of us.

Last edited:
This is a good point. Can't argue it. I can't listen to anything new 2 Chainz has done. Everything I've heard from him in the last 2-3 years was trash. His lyrics are worse than ever and he's 45. I'm good off that.

I don't know anyone listening to 2Chainz or Plies except Running Off the Plug which might have been 2015.
I ain't gon lie tho I ain't listen to none of them 2Chainz projects either 
laugh.gif

2Chainz last 2 projects was hard.

Kilo and Big Amount >>>> Plies

By 07 Joc had fallen off and Kanye was having his breakout year with Graduation and the 50 thing.

But in 06 there very well may have been a period where Joc was hotter than Ye if Joc has the hottest record in the country and Ye was just chilling since Late Regristration.

You think by placing one hit wonder artists against heavyweights and legends that's gonna eliminate the fact that hottest means who has the higher buzz at any point in time. Not who's gonna be around longer or who makes the better or more lasting music

Once again buzz is sales and popularity. Not having one or 2 hot songs. That's why I used the Joc/Kanye comparison. Joc had everybody doing his dance while Kanye just sold 800k plus first week on Late Registration and was doing commercials, killing awards shows. If somebody said Nelly was hotter than Jay in 2002 that would make sense cuz it's real proof that you can point to. There is nothing real that shows those dudes have a bigger buzz than Kendrick in 2016.

We just have different definitions of what's being hot. To y'all it's timelines and Gossip sites.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom