***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Kendrick Lamar is by no means "Hot". Kendrick is just a superstar who will remain relevant for years to come because he's always anticipated. As far as "Hot"? hell no. Whether it be on social media, television, and parties & clubs... Nobody is going to mention Kendrick off the top of their dome.

Now when it comes to lyricism, Kendrick Lamar is gonna roll off everyones tongue when it comes to rhymes. That shouldn't even be an argument. However, if you go to the club or party. Ain't no one throwing on "Alright" or "I". :lol: Y'all know better than that :lol:

I'm still waiting for dude to say how those dudes are hotter than Kendrick.

YG is not. 21 isn't either.

But you can make an argument for 21.

That Metro tape and Future collab did WONDERS for 21 Savage. Watched his social media presence more than double.

21 was trending toward being a niche street rapper. A young dolph level type of star. Then Savage mode happened. He's a legit star now.

Kendrick is hot whenever he drops. And he's dropped a plantium project for 2 consecutive years. Like I posted in the HOTTEST MC THREAD (which is where this conversation should be moved to).....the hottest MC's should look something like this:

1. Drake
2. Future
3. Cole
4. Kendrick
5. Gucci Mane
6. Quavo
7. Meek
8. Chance the Rapper
9. Lil Uzi
10. Toss up between: 21 Savage, Kodak, Kevin Gates :smh: etc)

Kendrick Lamar is by no means "Hot". Kendrick is just a superstar who will remain relevant for years to come because he's always anticipated. As far as "Hot"? hell no. Whether it be on social media, television, and parties & clubs... Nobody is going to mention Kendrick off the top of their dome.

Now when it comes to lyricism, Kendrick Lamar is gonna roll off everyones tongue when it comes to rhymes. That shouldn't even be an argument. However, if you go to the club or party. Ain't no one throwing on "Alright" or "I". :lol: Y'all know better than that :lol:

Again, ya'll _'s are talking about a small group.

So Uzi and 21 gets more plays at a party so that means they're hotter? **** no. The Ying Yang Twins got more plays at parties than Nas in the early 2000's.

Ya'll don't know how to separate your small group of friends/followers compared to everybody that pays attention to Hip Hop. Cuz they get more plays at a party and beef over Kylie Kardashian that doesn't mean they're hotter. How much do you sell? What your tours look like? Endorsements? Commercials?

It's funny how dudes change the meaning of relevant. One minute it's sells and popularity, now it's who's on your timeline. :lol:

Ya'll are talking about small ****. In the big picture Kendrick is more relevant, hotter, however you wanna put it than those dudes.

Drake
Kendrick
Cole
Future

In no order they above everybody else. It ain't no debate on those 4.

Last edited:

That Metro tape and Future collab did WONDERS for 21 Savage. Watched his social media presence more than double.

21 was trending toward being a niche street rapper. A young dolph level type of star. Then Savage mode happened. He's a legit star now.

Kendrick is hot whenever he drops. And he's dropped a plantium project for 2 consecutive years. Like I posted in the HOTTEST MC THREAD (which is where this conversation should be moved to).....the hottest MC's should look something like this:

1. Drake
2. Future
3. Cole
4. Kendrick
5. Gucci Mane
6. Quavo
7. Meek
8. Chance the Rapper
9. Lil Uzi
10. Toss up between: 21 Savage, Kodak, Kevin Gates :smh: etc)

This list bad, real bad.

Drake
Kendrick
Cole
Future

Everyone else's "hotness" or relevancy determines on when they drop their pseudo tape/album then it fizzle's out and the next person does the same. Honesty though there's only 3 megastars in rap (Cole, Kendrick, Drake) not counting the legends. Future benefited greatly from his joint album with Drake and I highly doubt he could sell a solo project comparable to the other three.

I'm still waiting for dude to say how those dudes are hotter than Kendrick.

This is the thing though. What type of star is he? A hip hop star? Or a star amongst kids who love social media?

I **** with Dolph hard but he's in that trap star lane and it's nothing wrong with that.

We have to separate these lanes cuz Young Thug is supposed to be a star but he barely sells. We can't put trap stars in a group with dudes who have everybody's attention (Cole and Kendrick). Right now Future is the only one that has made that transition.

Last edited:
Being hot don't mean **** really. Most of these ****** is "hot" for the moment.

That's why Fetty Wap's name hasn't come up one time in this discussion and it would have a year ago.

Most of these expendable ****** everyone is campaigning around right now will disappear soon

This list bad, real bad.

Me & Wavy dont agree on many things but the names on his list is pretty on point for the most part

Mines would prob go like this tho...

1. Drake (hes still trash)

2. J Cole (dude just did almost 600k first week. Thats almost 5 times the amount Future did at the peak of his buzz last yr)

3. Future (hes still very relevant especially in the whip & more social settings)

4. Kendrick (best rapper out but i feel like hes been pretty quiet even for a guy whos had multiple plat albums & a ton features since last yr)

5.Chance The Rapper (hes been bubbling since Acid Rap but Coloring Book REALLY brought him into the mainstream. His team despite being indy is TOP NOTCH)

6. Gucci Mane (has constantly been mentioned & seen since he gotten out and has a ton of music out too)

7. Lil Uzi Vert (i feel like everyone listens to dude now or at least knows bout him. Money Longer is a hit & him doing his thing on Too Much Sauce w Future really helped him gain recognition)

8. Meek Mill (woulda been higher on this list if he didnt almost suicide his career with all his stupidity & if DC4 was undeniably great)

9. Kevin Gates (dude is about to go plat somehow. Only way i can justify him lol)

10. 21 Savage (Metro made him big with Savage Mode & ppl turned his over the top look into a meme)

Again this dont mean that these are 10 BEST rappers out cuz idc for bout half these guys but they are making noise for certain

That's why Fetty Wap's name hasn't come up one time in this discussion and it would have a year ago.

Most of these expendable ****** everyone is campaigning around right now will disappear soon
That's it. Hot doesn't really mean anything but... hot. The hottest in the game doesn't mean your the best or even good, just means your hot. U can drop one song, be hot and never be heard from again. Vanilla ice would've made that list the year ice ice baby dropped.

Yep exactly. They need to make a BEST 10 rappers out instead so these bums can step their game up. Some of these new guys are lazy af or just straight trash with their style of rapping

I agree "hot" don't mean **** so I don't see why ****** get so mad when somebody says a "lesser" rapper is hotter than a "good" rapper

Nobody really "hot" like that year after year either tho. You only the new hyped popular ***** once, after that wears off is when you really have to prove yourself

It takes YEARS of grinding to get to the point that Drake, Cole, Kendrick, etc are at

Last edited:
That's it. Hot doesn't really mean anything but... hot. The hottest in the game doesn't mean your the best or even good, just means your hot. U can drop one song, be hot and never be heard from again. Vanilla ice would've made that list the year ice ice baby dropped.

Real talk

Idk what's so hard for dudes to understand about "being hot".

MC Hammer was once the hottest MC
Vanilla ice (like you said) was once the hottest MC

Etc etc. This is a yearly list on who's the most hottest in hip hop. But some dudes always gotta find a way to turn their nose up at a very simple list.

You don't have to be a fan of Lil Uzi or Drake to realize they are "hot right now."

Chance has been all over my ****** TV screen this year, he reached those outlets because they knew his fanbase was big enough to garner that attention. Point blank if your really garnering attention like that mainstream media will come to you.

Im using things that are tangible and i could see, I don't follow Chance music whatsoever, nobody in my circle rocks with him heavy like that, when people say he's one of the hottest of the year i can't argue because even w/o searching for him Chance was put in front of me CONSTANTLY.

The counter to not using sales, shows, media attention and other taangible things is barbershop talk... "So & So is hotter than him because i see his meme more", there's literally nothing that YG has done that has garnered more attention this year.
laugh.gif

That's what rap discussion has always been.

There's always been an element of having to be out here and not behind a desk or computer. You wouldn't know who's hot below a certain age bracket. The 18-24 audience has always been the trendsetters for what's next. 

Which is why Kendrick being on Stephen Colbert one time in the first quarter of the year means **** **** in a conversation about who's hot? Who cares? Is he being bumped more in people's cars than 21 Savage or Lil Uzi Vert?

Everything can't be wrapped up with numbers and stats in the context of rap until they start tracking/reporting numbers mixtape apps and Soundcloud and accounting for those in streams. I know Soundcloud is counted a little bit.

Also, if it's strictly about numbers then three spots are owed to Pitbull, G-Eazy and Flo Rida, no?

As a matter of fact, that's a good question: does G-Eazy deserve a spot over Uzi or 21 since he has more "tangible" proof of being hot? 

And do you think G-Eazy is going to be on the list?

This is true.

Uzi, Yachty and 21 could be working at Domino's by the NBA Playoffs but RIGHT NOW they are hotter than Kendrick Lamar.

Y'all are looking at it from the perspective of "if Kendrick _________ tomorrow he would _______" but I'm looking at it from the perspective of how it actually is, not no woulda coulda shoulda ****.

There may very well have been a time where Soulja Boy was hotter than Eminem because Eminem was inactive.

Last edited:
I was going to mention G-eazy.....

But for some reason...I couldn't honestly put him on the list :lol:.

Being white in hip hop gets you fast tracked to a whole other demo.

Machine Gun Kelly has the #10 song in the entire country. I'm sure none of us have heard it.....

Yep exactly. They need to make a BEST 10 rappers out instead so these bums can step their game up. Some of these new guys are lazy af or just straight trash with their style of rapping
TBH.

If they really wanted to make people happy they'd make two separate lists.

But they won't do that because the 18-24 generation (a large portion of, if not their main audience) doesn't give a **** about lyrics we just wanna see people do something new. See: Twitter's reaction to J. Cole doing the same old dance on his new album.

21 Savage rapping trap Dr. Seuss books is more interesting and entertaining to us than J. Cole taking a lot of words to tell us about how he likes family life over stunting.

Last edited:

This is true.

Uzi, Yachty and 21 could be working at Domino's by the NBA Playoffs but RIGHT NOW they are hotter than Kendrick Lamar.

Y'all are looking at it from the perspective of "if Kendrick _________ tomorrow he would _______" but I'm looking at it from the perspective of how it actually is, not no woulda coulda shoulda ****.

There may very well have been a time where Soulja Boy was hotter than Eminem because Eminem was inactive.

That's terrible example cuz Souja came out in 07. That was a 3 year gap from Em's last album. Em was basically retired for years.

Kendrick is very much active. Them dudes are not hotter than him in hip hop period.

i think the idea on 18-24 years and what they wanna hear is being overblown.

J. Cole and Kendrick are 2 and 3 in sales right now as far the top rappers go. They not doing without a **** ton of 18-24 year olds being interested in their music.

This list bad, real bad.

Agreed. Terrible list.

Again, ya'll _'s are talking about a small group.

So Uzi and 21 gets more plays at a party so that means they're hotter? **** no. The Ying Yang Twins got more plays at parties than Nas in the early 2000's.

Ya'll don't know how to separate your small group of friends/followers compared to everybody that pays attention to Hip Hop. Cuz they get more plays at a party and beef over Kylie Kardashian that doesn't mean they're hotter. How much do you sell? What your tours look like? Endorsements? Commercials?

It's funny how dudes change the meaning of relevant. One minute it's sells and popularity, now it's who's on your timeline. :lol:

Ya'll are talking about small ****. In the big picture Kendrick is more relevant, hotter, however you wanna put it than those dudes.

Drake
Kendrick
Cole
Future

In no order they above everybody else. It ain't no debate on those 4.

In my opinion "Hot" doesn't translate into record sales because only a handful of artists in music actually can sell a project to gold or platinum status. Hot is commercials, a TMZ following, social media awareness, youtube recognition.

We can agree to disagree.

I was going to mention G-eazy.....

But for some reason...I couldn't honestly put him on the list :lol:.

Being white in hip hop gets you fast tracked to a whole other demo.

Machine Gun Kelly has the #10 song in the entire country. I'm sure none of us have heard it.....

#10????? Jesus Christ :rofl: you could probably throw Logic in there too. I think he's very skilled, but he siphons 3 of the top 10 current rappers out for his style.

Fetty Wap had 4 songs in the top ten not too long ago and dude may as well be a footnote right now :lol:

Last edited:
So we got "your timeline" and "a TMZ following". :lol: :lol:

Not **** that really matters but timelines and TMZ.

Aight.

Dont forget the aux cords.... if its not bumpin in your mans whip it clearly doesn't have relevance anywhere else. (Not to mention that Many people in the 18-24 demographic are heavily streaming via youtube, spotify/apple, soundcloud which are now amounting to sales & counting towards certifications for artist) .

so if its as hot as people say... the numbers will follow

Rae Shremm album came & sat around, black beatles had a small buzz outside of the party scene, mannaquin challenge comes around its boosted to # 1 in the country.... I guarantee a big amount of those sales came in streams

Back
Top Bottom