***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

The Joc/Kanye comparison is terrible example bro

Kanye was EVERYWHERE in 2007, ***** killed the radio with like 4-5 plat singles that year alone, had the "sales battle" with 50, ****** running around with shutter shades and scarves etc

You telling me Kendrick's 2016 is comparable to Kanye's 2007? If dudes was in here arguing YG or Uzi over Drake or some dumb **** like that it would be a better comp :lol:

Last edited:

Kanye was EVERYWHERE in 2007, ***** killed the radio with like 4-5 plat singles that year alone, had the "sales battle" with 50, ****** running around with shutter shades and scarves etc

You telling me Kendrick's 2016 is comparable to Kanye's 2007? If dudes was in here arguing YG over Drake or some dumb **** like that it would be a better comp :lol:

100%

You telling me Kendrick's 2016 is comparable to Kanye's 2007? If dudes was in here arguing YG or Uzi over Drake or some dumb **** like that it would be a better comp :lol:

No Kendrick hasn't had the year of Kanye in 2007, Just like Uzi, 21, or yachty don't have a HIT record the magnitude of Joc.. That song was EVERYWHERE, not just in clubs & your homies car, it crossed to mainstream because it was actually "Hot". None of these ****** cracked a top 100 list this year not in album sales, not in single sales (Yachty technically is there due to being featured on Dram's song) which is #34 on the list.

Chance is a ***** who was once buzzing insanely on social media, blogs etc etc... This is the first year where he's really broke through to the rest of the world and you can see the tangible evidence that he's hot.

[@]tyisny[/@ ]Let's keep playing that game where we pretend that Yachty, Uzi and 21 savage aren't "hot".......to build up Desiigner :lol:.

I can't stand any of them colored dread weirdos (21 is ok in my book). But let's not act like these guys don't have arguments to be in the top 10 "hottest" right now.

Sn: I agree that Kendrick is one of the top 4 hottest mcs. That doesn't have to be explained.

But cmon. Say what you really feel. You mad ppl aren't talking about desiiigner right now....:nerd: :nerd:

What I'm comparing is a big dog who has everybody's attention to new dudes that have one or 2 hot songs. Mainly Kanye in 06 coming off of LR and Kendrick now.

Using timelines and gossip sites and parties and other small **** does mean somebody has a bigger buzz. :lol: That means they have a hot song or 2 but ain't nobody buying into them.

At the end of day like I said there's nothing real that you can point to say they have a bigger buzz than Kendrick.

Yachty, Uzi, and 21 are definitely HOT right now. Just listen to the radio.

:smokin

Last edited:
And these garbage *** dudes are buzzing. 21, Yachty, Uzi all of 'em are hot but they ain't hotter than somebody like Kendrick.

Sn: I agree that Kendrick is one of the top 4 hottest mcs. That doesn't have to be explained.

Nah. 21 and Yachty on my timeline right bruh and this b**** just clapped her cheeks to Broccoli.

And these garbage *** dudes are buzzing. 21, Yachty, Uzi all of 'em are hot but they ain't hotter than somebody like Kendrick.
Nah. 21 and Yachty on my timeline right bruh and this b**** just clapped her cheeks to Broccoli.

I mean.....let's also not minimize the impact of social media.

Vine took YG's my ***** to a platinum record.
The Mannequin challenge took Rae Sremmurd to a #1 record.

As dumb as it sounds....social media DOES play a part in this. That's just the reality. Like it or not.

Plays a huge part honestly. **** made Bobby shmurda a star.

[@]tyisny[/@ ]Let's keep playing that game where we pretend that Yachty, Uzi and 21 savage aren't "hot".......to build up Desiigner :lol:.

I can't stand any of them colored dread weirdos (21 is ok in my book). But let's not act like these guys don't have arguments to be in the top 10 "hottest" right now.

But cmon. Say what you really feel. You mad ppl aren't talking about desiiigner right now....:nerd: :nerd:

for the last time i didn't say they weren't hot or didn't have a buzz it's just extremely overstated when people are in here trying to say they have an impact comparable to a SUPERSTAR rapper.

I also Brought up Desiigner because it's extremely hypocritical to base Hotness off of club Records, Impact off 1 or two records, social media presence and somehow not Have Desiigner up there but have the other three

- Panda is sitting at 4X Platinum
- Timmy Turner is certified Gold
- Those two songs together based on youtube plays is nearing 500 Million spins
- Panda has gotten more overall spins then Adele's Hello this year.........
- Desiigner has performed on every major award show, done the same size venues as the other three & has been nominated for a grammy
- At no point this year have you been able to escape Desiigner on social media this year, constant future comparisons, Gifs of him dabbing, The timmy turner meme's and videos

Not to mention that Timmy Turner, a song that his been out since summer (and ya'll told me nobody listens too) has been streamed more times in the last week then songs such as Too Much Sauce, You Was right, 1 night & Sneakin & Money Longer... All songs from Uzi, 21 & Yachty (Featuring guys like Drake & future) which right now are not being played more than Desiigners second hit record. So tell me how those guys are hot but Desiigner isn't if even right Now Panda & TT are outperforming these guys songs on every level (Youtube plays, Streams, Club play, Awards, recognition).

I need answers that don't consist of my man's auz cord and that one night i went to the bar

As dumb as it sounds....social media DOES play a part in this. That's just the reality. Like it or not.

That's the thing I don't dislike it. I don't pay attention to no mannequin challenge to even have a opinion on it. Black Beatles is a big song and good song.

But again what can you point to that shows 21 and them other clowns are hotter than Kendrick?

for the last time i didn't say they weren't hot or didn't have a buzz it's just extremely overstated when people are in here trying to say they have an impact comparable to a SUPERSTAR rapper.

I also Brought up Desiigner because it's extremely hypocritical to base Hotness off of club Records, Impact off 1 or two records, social media presence and somehow not Have Desiigner up there but have the other three

- Panda is sitting at 4X Platinum
- Timmy Turner is certified Gold
- Those two songs together based on youtube plays is nearing 500 Million spins
- Panda has gotten more overall spins then Adele's Hello this year.........
- Desiigner has performed on every major award show, done the same size venues as the other three & has been nominated for a grammy
- At no point this year have you been able to escape Desiigner on social media this year, constant future comparisons, Gifs of him dabbing, The timmy turner meme's and videos

Not to mention that Timmy Turner, a song that his been out since summer (and ya'll told me nobody listens too) has been streamed more times in the last week then songs such as Too Much Sauce, You Was right, 1 night & Sneakin & Money Longer... All songs from Uzi, 21 & Yachty (Featuring guys like Drake & future) which right now are not being played more than Desiigners second hit record. So tell me how those guys are hot but Desiigner isn't if even right Now Panda & TT are outperforming these guys songs on every level (Youtube plays, Streams, Club play, Awards, recognition).

I need answers that don't consist of my man's auz cord and that one night i went to the bar

As trash as Designer is these are good points. And it's the same criteria ya'll are using to say the other clowns are on fire. :lol:

Last edited:
If they put designer on the list I couldn't even be mad. He was hot this year. Panda was everywhere, Timmy turner even while gold, imo many weren't really ******* with it but panda? Cmon fake future set the world on fire with that one.

He has no music popping online... Based off MTV's stat he's averaging 8.8 Million streams per week, so clearly people are listening to him heavily right?
he's not on radio..... Yet he's featured on Beyonce, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Schoolboy Q, & Tribe's album.... i guarantee atleast 3 of those albums are gonna land in the top 10 best selling albums of this year.. people are gonna see and hear him right?
no virability....... Nah but he is closing out festivals that hold anywhere from 50k-80k people, people are gonna see and hear him right?
he has no records charting.. as far as streaming goes he's currently featured on 3 songs in the top 50 charts.. that also means people are seeing him & hearing him right?

point blank this year Kendrick kept his name shining BRIGHT in hiphop and he didn't have to touch a singular club hit, fact of the matter is he's by far Hotter than A lot of ******..

Now my next point is if we're gonna follow this idea that you have to have a hot song and TL discussion and be popping in the clubs...... Then how is Desiigner not ranked higher than 21, Uzi & yachty??

Based on billboards charts which cover Physical sales, radio play, streaming services, youtube & soundcloud... he has two songs in the top 100 in comparison that Trio has 1 (and that's yachty being featured on Broccoli at 34). Based on that Desiigners song has racked up more plays overall than Adele's Hello & Hotline Bling this year.

- So outside of One Dance, he has the most played hiphop song of the year & another one rounding out the top 100
- He was featured on Ye's album
- He's performed EVERYWHERE, i've accidentally seen him perform two times this year while being at someone else's show
- apparently meme's are a variable :smile:{ ) ..... the number of future/desiigner meme's and dabbing Meme's is ridiculous..
- As of this week based off purely streaming numbers (AGAIN this includes Youtube, Soundcloud, Spotify, Apple Music) Panda(#24) which came out a year ago is still getting more plays then..... 21- No Heart (#30), Future & Drake - Used to this(#32), Future/Uzi - Too Much Sauce(#38), Uzi - U was right (#40) & Yachty - 1 Night (#41)

Timmy Turner the song that "Nobody listens too" is certified gold & also made the top 100 played songs of the year... a list which Uzi or Savage aren't on, not even as a featured artist ? So going by ya'll standards i would love to know how Desiigner isn't hotter than those three.

View media item 2263130

No one ever said Desiigner was out of the discussion and he may very well deserve to be above a YG or Yachty (wouldn't say Uzi or 21 since they both have back catalogs and I still haven't heard what song or tape Desiigner came back after Timmy Turnwr)

The rush to defend a NY guy finally in the discussion :lol:

Who in the **** is listening to 2Chainz in 2016?

Have to remember that a lot of times these are the out of touch ****** I'm in here talking to about rap in 2016.

Hibachi For Lunch was dead *** a good project. To me. He caught a hit off or at least buzz worthy songs of all 3 of them.

Last edited:

Again...people acting like everyone in this world doesn't engage with social media

i'd be surprised if social media or the internet in general wasn't the most used form of media

it's 2016 not 2006

going viral is more beneficial to an artist than performing on ******* stephen colbert :lol:

a lot of people in here with out of touch mindsets

**** change everyday the refusal to accept that a platinum album or hit radio single or tv appearances isn't the only metric of popularity or success is why the rap industry has been confused since LimeWire

why are people using sales as a metric for anything when music is virtually free?

a ***** who is pretty much confirmed to be in the top 2 of this list didn't sell a record this year

are you saying Chance's run wouldn't be validated if he didn't do late night television performances :lol:

Last edited:
trynafeelmink trynafeelmink

:lol: at Timmy Turner being a ****** records than Uzi/Yachty/21's records that they have in rotation

Bro soundscan literally counts singles sold, youtube streams, souncloud, spotify/tidal/apple and combines them to get total numbers.. Timmy turner is in the Top 100 for the year... None of them ****** have records on there.

As of last week that song is STILL getting more plays than every song i listed. This is solid concrete evidence that the song is getting played more... if it makes you feel better 21 savage No Heart is a spot above Timmy turner on those charts... still about 10 spots under Panda tho.

Isn't it like 1.5k streams = 1 album sold?

That's not accurate at all :lol:

12 streams should count as an album sold since SOMEONE is paying to listen to it.

At the most, to compensate for the aspect of "Yeah he paid 10 bucks for the service but not specifically for this album" then the number could maybe be 24 or 36 streams I could see that logic.

But 1,500? The system is still very flawed.

Also, you keep dancing around the fact that mixtape apps aren't counted and that's how a very large portion of the audience consumes music, especially for guys like Kodak who are pretty much non existent on Apple Music or other streaming services

Again...people acting like everyone in this world doesn't engage with social media

i'd be surprised if social media or the internet in general wasn't the most used form of media

it's 2016 not 2006

going viral is more beneficial to an artist than performing on ******* stephen colbert :lol:

a lot of people in here with out of touch mindsets

**** change everyday the refusal to accept that a platinum album or hit radio single or tv appearances isn't the only metric of popularity or success is why the rap industry has been confused since LimeWire

why are people using sales as a metric for anything when music is virtually free?

a ***** who is pretty much confirmed to be in the top 2 of this list didn't sell a record this year

are you saying Chance's run wouldn't be validated if he didn't do late night television performances :lol:

What the **** are you blabbering about right now, your basically telling me that an artist doesn't need to sell records, doesn't need a platform where millions can view him, doesn't need a platform where millions can hear his music, doesn't need streaming...... we're gonna measure impact by meme's & hashtags

Chance is being recognized for having a big year this year correct? chance isn't a new artist, he's been bubbling in the underground for years, blogs, certain pockets of people knew his music... he wasn't sniffing a 10 hottest list up until this year.... you know why?

He signed to an Agency who took him to the mainstream.

- Tv appearances
- Album appearances
- Radio songs being pushed
- Commercials
- apple music streaming deal

His album was stream only he did 40K first week in record sales based off the amount of times he got streamed and landed at #2.... Yachty in perspective had the same oppurtunity and first week he landed at #160 something on the billboard chart..

does that not prove that traditional marketing and actually being recognized by the general public creates a huge difference. ya'll ****** gotta be snortin bath salts or something

Isn't it like 1.5k streams = 1 album sold?

That's not accurate at all :lol:

12 streams should count as an album sold since SOMEONE is paying to listen to it.

At the most, to compensate for the aspect of "Yeah he paid 10 bucks for the service but not specifically for this album" then the number could maybe be 24 or 36 streams I could see that logic.

But 1,500? The system is still very flawed.

Also, you keep dancing around the fact that mixtape apps aren't counted and that's how a very large portion of the audience consumes music, especially for guys like Kodak who are pretty much non existent on Apple Music or other streaming services

Again what is your simpleton *** talking about... are you telling me mixtape sites are doing numbers similar to Apple Music & Spotfy?? Youtube isn't a heavier indicator than spinrilla?

You ****** are literally in here saying **** what the industry measure for sales is & **** all the facts... i'm gonna base this solely off what i think is hotter

Ya'll ****** constantly pull this stunt too... try and debate something, I get facts to back up my claims, and then suddenly Billboard isn't reliable anymore, rules need to be changed, and being posted on social media has surpassed television, radio, streams, youtube, physical fan support

I now see why ya'll are defending these cats so much, that music gotta be a bat signal for autistic ****** b

Last edited:
What the **** are you blabbering about right now, your basically telling me that an artist doesn't need to sell records, doesn't need a platform where millions can view him, doesn't need a platform where millions can hear his music, doesn't need streaming...... we're gonna measure impact by meme's & hashtags

He signed to an Agency who took him to the mainstream.

- Tv appearances
- Album appearances
- Radio songs being pushed
- Commercials
- apple music streaming deal

In 2015 he very well could have deserved a #8-10 spot in off years for Cole, Ye, etc. Surf came out, he was on SNL then, etc. He had people's interest to drop a project.

The list was just brought back this year so we can't say.

As far as "needing" those mainstream looks, no...you don't "need" them because my generation (18-24) doesn't rush home to watch ******* Stephen Colbert at all let alone to hear rap :lol:

A meme or otherwise viral activity on social media is absolutely going to do more for you in your TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC (NOTE: YOUR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC NOT 35 YEAR OLD WHITE ALBUM REVIEWERS) than being on late night television because they interact more with social media than Stephen Colbert or any white man on television making cornball jokes.

Ask Plies, Soulja, Rae Sremmurd, 21, Orlando Brown, Drake, Kodak who have all gained visibility or straight up had careers/interest/hit records made or revived off of social media.

Like I said, too lazy to go look up stats for an internet debate but I would not be surprised if more people used social media/the internet than watched TV or listened to the radio.

Or at least more people under 35 do. I'm sure 65 y/o's that don't care about rap anyway use traditional media outlets more.

You keep bringing up mainstream looks as if those are objectively the goals everyone should want to reach but some ****** are just in it to maintain their paper long term and keep a good sized fan base.

There is no one or two barometers of success in rap no more. Every day the rules are being rewritten.

You look at ****** like Gucci, Tity and Gotti who 5-7 years ago, if we were having this same discussion you might have dismissed them in the same category of a Yachty or Uzi because they weren't "mainstream" or even according to some people, not even lyrical.

But you look ten years later and they all just now are respectively reaching their primes.

Don't sleep on the mixtape/social media/etc. grind this isn't the same industry from 04 lol. What is success for a new rapper in 2017?

A platinum album? A Grammy?

Rap is less about the music now and more so about using your platform to create an aesthetic and brand for other opportunities i.e. Yachty and Nautica, Uzi and Jordan, Rae Sremmurd and Finish Line, etc.

Last edited:
Again what is your simpleton *** talking about... are you telling me mixtape sites are doing numbers similar to Apple Music & Spotfy?? Youtube isn't a heavier indicator than spinrilla?

You ****** are literally in here saying **** what the industry measure for sales is & **** all the facts... i'm gonna base this solely off what i think is hotter

Ya'll ****** constantly pull this stunt too... try and debate something, I get facts to back up my claims, and then suddenly Billboard isn't reliable anymore, rules need to be changed, and being posted on social media has surpassed television, radio, streams, youtube, physical fan support

I now see why ya'll are defending these cats so much, that music gotta be a bat signal for autistic ****** b

What do you mean "numbers similar"? Go look at Uzi, Yachty, 21, Kodak, Thug, Migos, Meek, Gates, Weeknd, etc. tapes and you'll see dudes doing streams and downloads in the millions. That changes the positioning of the charts if they are accounted for.

Back
Top Bottom