***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

I don't think anyone is blaming Rocky for anything.

He said some **** **** and people are addressing that. Nobody is trying to make ASAP Rocky the scape goat for all that is wrong in the world.

Exactly, it was never that serious.

You just gotta call out the BS when you see it.

It really isn't. The idea that there is this "real world" that is completely separated from the "entertainment world" is one of the biggest misconceptions ever. 

I think the connection is deeper than most realize but you can't also tell me that the two worlds are 100% intertwined.
Agreed. There is definitely some overlap, but art is art. When I listen to Rocky rap I hold him to a different standard than when I see him sitting down and trying to answer some serious questions about serious issues.

And therein lies the problem. I hold EVERYNE in my life to the same standard. I have arguments with my parents about some of these issues regularly. Who are you to make any of these assumptions?

You don't know me or anyone else on this thread from a hole in the wall, so making those blanket generalizations and calling people 'idiots' just makes you look incapable of forming a well thought out and supported argument to prove your point.

Generalizations don't prove a damn thing. They just prove you're either lazy in supporting your argument, or are incapable or supporting it.
So you know every black person that made a comment about this personally ?? Righttt
Exactly, it was never that serious.

You just gotta call out the BS when you see it.

Well, you'll be having a lot of "calls" to make, if you haven't already.

I think the connection is deeper than most realize but you can't also tell me that the two worlds are 100% intertwined.
People only believe in this fantasy land that rappers are merely entertainers and what they rap about is ONLY entertainment when discussing rap that promotes prison culture and genocide. If that idea was true across the board...that what would you call what someone like Kendrick Lamar does? When he's rapping about social issues...is that also "entertainment" and should I expect him to take a different approach when he's "Kendrick Lamar the person" and not "Kendrick Lamar the rapper"? 

Are these dudes not selling you the idea of reality? Is there a level of transparency that one can EASILY identify when looking at "21 Savage the rapper" vs "21 Savage the person". How is one supposed to identify a difference between the two? If these guys are only entertainers, why is the ENTIRE premise around what they do built around the idea of "street credibility"? Why do we see so many of them manifest the things they "entertain" us with?

If these guys are only entertainers then they DAMN sure are doing an excellent job at convincing us how real they are. Denzel Washington isn't doing VladTV interviews giving us stories about how many ****** he shot and killed or showing us his bullet scars. Idris Elba isn't riding around in "real life" with an entourage of "shooters". 

Last edited:

Well Said

These dudes need to take the Future Hendrix approach. "Mixing medicine with candy". That's why "March Madness" is so great :pimp:.

And you don't see Future jumping out to speak on these issues all the time with some faux authority.....but he'll sprinkle some sense in some of his work and imagery.

People only believe in this fantasy land that rappers are merely entertainers and what they rap about is ONLY entertainment when discussing rap that promotes prison culture and genocide. If that idea was true across the board...that what would you call what someone like Kendrick Lamar does? When he's rapping about social issues...is that also "entertainment" and should I expect him to take a different approach when he's "Kendrick Lamar the person" and not "Kendrick Lamar the rapper"? 

Are these dudes not selling you the idea of reality? Is there a level of transparency that one can EASILY identify when looking at "21 Savage the rapper" vs "21 Savage the person". How is one supposed to identify a difference between the two? If these guys are only entertainers, why is the ENTIRE premise around what they do built around the idea of "street credibility"? Why do we see so many of them manifest the things they "entertain" us with?

If these guys are only entertainers then they DAMN sure are doing an excellent job at convincing us how real they are. Denzel Washington isn't doing VladTV interviews giving us stories about how many ****** he shot and killed or showing us his bullet scars. Idris Elba isn't riding around in "real life" with an entourage of "shooters". 

I feel where you're coming from g and like I said many don't see it.

A person who is self aware can still engage with even somebody like 21 Savage in a healthy way. If you understand the circumstances that lead to him and all the other young ****** being the way he is, you know it's part of a larger problem. I can appreciate the music while not supporting the prison culture that he raps about because I know that to him, it's all he knows.

The reason why there is a 21 Savage is more real than 21 Savage. The reason why the private college white girl from Colorado is front row at his show rapping every lyric about killing black men and the reason why white male executives will make more money off of his music than he will.

Kendrick the person and Kendrick the rapper are still different people. He's just a master of the art form in a way where it transcends entertainment, doesn't mean that he's still not separated from his work in his own way.

My thing is if you're not informed just don't say anything. Drake never speaks on anything and that's cool with me cuz he might not know. Somebody like Banner knows what he's talking about. Back in day Ice Cube knew what was up.

Same thing with athletes. Charles Barkley, I appreciate him for what he did on the court but he's is a sellout, he sounds crazy when he speaks on race. He should not be talking on it. Somebody like Ali was sharp and had knowledge.

I feel where you're coming from g and like I said many don't see it.

A person who is self aware can still engage with even somebody like 21 Savage in a healthy way. If you understand the circumstances that lead to him and all the other young ****** being the way he is, you know it's part of a larger problem. I can appreciate the music while not supporting the prison culture that he raps about because I know that to him, it's all he knows.

The reason why there is a 21 Savage is more real than 21 Savage. The reason why the private college white girl from Colorado is front row at his show rapping every lyric about killing black men and the reason why white male executives will make more money off of his music than he will.

Kendrick the person and Kendrick the rapper are still different people. He's just a master of the art form in a way where it transcends entertainment, doesn't mean that he's still not separated from his work in his own way.

There it is :pimp:. Ricky Smiley voice.

If only we could get you to become a Jahlil Oakafor fan :lol:

Rocky, Ferg, Fetty Wap, (insert any other self hating black man who's opened their mouths on the social injustices today only to say some dumb ****) can all **** themselves. Whether y'all fools like it or not y'all are leaders especially to young black men and if your uneducated about said subjects or really don't care about it I rather you decline to comment instead of spewing some dumb *** **** ideologies onto the youth.
Yea it's ASAP rocky he don't really matter at all , **** him :lol: ...this dude living in soho n bev hills for a few years and he act like he don't see/hear the news or can't remember anything before he was living there :smh:

Didn't know much about this guy before the interview. Don't really care to know much about him after this interview. He's weak. Trying to tow the line of being a co on and relevant. Could have just stayed out of the convo in regards to the issues plaguing black people all togheter. He has nothing of substance to offer. And IDGAF if he is a model for Dior. Cloths looks like high priced dodo anyways. 

:lol:

Rocky meant what he said in the overseas interview. These reporters & journalists don't twist up anything. Rocky doesn't care about Black people shooting police or getting beat on. He cares about his life and his situations and struggles.

For the record, Rocky has faced injustice by the law on plenty of occasions.

laugh.gif

Rocky meant what he said in the overseas interview. These reporters & journalists don't twist up anything. Rocky doesn't care about Black people shooting police or getting beat on. He cares about his life and his situations and struggles.

makes sense

He been sounding ignorant as hell for a min, kinda changed how I view him overall as an artist. Apart of me thinks he be tryna not piss his fans off because majority of them are white

Idk, that "talk" he did at Oxford University was cringe as hell tho
sick.gif
Lol his fans? He's trying not to piss off all those fashion houses he wants to be apart of.

:lol:

+rep

It bothers me as well that he keeps using Yams' death as an excuse to ignore stuff that's going on in the world and continue to make excuses for him to only pay attention to the **** he really cares about like acid, fashion, and thotties. What a Tom

Last edited:
I'm not at all surprised by Rocky. He's from Harlem so that "idk what goes down in middle america" doesn't fly. That exact **** goes down in his own neighborhood.

Anything to keep ******* coked up whtie girls and going to dinner with fashion designers though.

[thread="568577"]Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread/14670#post_26214602^^^^Yeah that's probably a big part of it too.[/thread][thread="568577"]Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread/14670#post_26214602  [/thread][thread="568577"]Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread/14670#post_26214602It's just hilarious to me because he came in the game tryna throw lil borderline conscious bars in his ****. One of the first interviews I actually sat down and watched from dude he was on some fake deep **** (which seemed genuine at the time) talking about how prevalent racism and injustice is and how we need to end it, gave some anecdotes about when his parents moved him to the suburbs and he would get discriminated against in school by his teachers, peers, etc[/thread]
He started making waves in the fashion world and then 2 years later its "Racism don't exist" or "Cops shoot black people all the time lets talk about the main problem, black on black crime". Proceeds to get fired up on social media and then he starts talking about how he don't have a responsibility to just black people his fans are all races blah blah 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Now 1 year later he tryna back peddle from all that on some "I'm just a rapper bro I **** **** and hit the studio I can't relate" type **** 
laugh.gif

Edit: Interview I was referring to 
mean.gif

Last edited:

Listen to his verse, in this song. Rocky definitely is aware.

Again, criticizing Rocky, when 85% of black people aren't even "aware" or "enlightened" but let's blame one guy. If so many more are fighting the fight, why is our situation the same? Either some are lying, or tucking tails. I need answers...

Excellent question, as I'm sure it's been addressed multiple times in all the police shooting threads in general in the past 2 weeks. This question should really be asked to local/state government officials, along with the people who've made those types of views possible in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm not at all surprised by Rocky. He's from Harlem so that "idk what goes down in middle america" doesn't fly. That exact **** goes down in his own neighborhood.

Anything to keep ******* coked up whtie girls and going to dinner with fashion designers though.

Exactly. Dude is a gump

this video was posted yesterday there was a total of 3 responses, the ENTIRE video is detailing how blacks have been ushered into this position, the struggles we face now, and legit discourse on strategies we need to help eachother out of this situation and ideologies we need to dissolve in America. Yet it got three views and overshadowed by **** jokes.

NOW when there's a celeb face attached to the problem and a chance to slander & get on your moral high horse it's 3 pages of discourse about the black community? A lot of ya'll ****** in here just in it for the riff raff and to flap your gums not to discuss real solutions so in essence you in the same seat rocky in.

When a man who studies this for a living, is educated on a multitude of different social injustices going down in the black community, and can eloquently speak on it the thread ignores it, a young rapper gives his uninformed opinion and suddenly everyone is willing to picket. we gotta stop seeking the circus and stick to things that will create progress :smh:

Back
Top Bottom