***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

The funny thing is, the same numskulls who bash ASAP Rocky turn the other cheek in REAL LIFE. So many people run to "social media" and hide behind a veil. Those same cowards let white people get away with plenty of nonsense, and are hush mouthed.

People aren't in the field, only willing to talk about it on social media. Those are the real cowards.

This seems to be extreme in nature but serves some truth in itself, i would venture a large percentage of us work for companies headed by whites, support white enterprise, even abide by ideologies created by white men to an extent. However no matter how strongly we feel about it..... are we really, 100% genuinely willing to give up all comfort to stop this? because the resounding answer from the community is No based on ACTIONS & NOT WORDS.

Obviously the average celeb has more power than you or me, but i don't think it's completely fair to bash them if you wouldn't walk into your employers office & demand a stop in any racial biases that you may have peeped in your work space.

And some of y'all are the same idiots who call the music of J.Cole and Kendrick Lamar "boring". But getting mad at ASAP Rocky? Have to have contusions from being dropped on the head as babies. Y'all don't know what to think :rofl:

You've made sweeping generalizations twice to prove a point, fam. You're doing it wrong.

We all understand your point of view, but making blanket statements about people based on their reaction to Rocky sounding ignorant as **** isn't helping. Hell, it holds no water.

Point blank, if Rocky had nothing to say then he should have said just that " I have no comment ". It should have ended there. But he had to take it a step further and speak as if he's super negro. Like having white people support you makes you exempt as a black man. People are out here protesting and trying to demand that things change for the better, but he sitting here bragging as if that makes him a better person. Such an elitist mentality. 

Bruh, what are you even talking about? :lol:

Breakfast Club is basically black TMZ besides the rare occasion when they have serious minds on there.

All I'm saying is with the people that populate this thread, a deep convo especially one about race is better served for some of the threads in general.

Which you can find plenty of posts by me, try again fella.

I frequent those posts as well. The tones are not that much different, pal.

It's no reason to provide an argument with dude like you. It goes no where.
When somebody says this, clearly you don't know what the **** you talking bout. :lol:

Another one of your lazy response smh.

Rapper talks about killin, sodomizing, poisoning in his own communities...all in his raps.

Rapper has an interview about killings in his community and you want him to respond like MLK.

You are the one that sounds stupid.

Last edited:
When somebody says this, clearly you don't know what the **** you talking bout. :lol:

Rapper talks about killin, sodomizing, poisoning in his own communities.

Rapper has an interview about killings in his community and you want him to respond like MLK.

No, but I think people would at least expect him to respond sensibly and with some self-awareness

You just keep saying the same dumb ****. :lol:

"you guys want him to sound like MLK"

"You guys look to rappers to speak"

Nobody said any of that. You just talking just to talk.

Point blank, if Rocky had nothing to say then he should have said just that " I have no comment ". It should have ended there. But he had to take it a step further and speak as if he's super negro. Like having white people support you makes you exempt as a black man. People are out here protesting and trying to demand that things change for the better, but he sitting here bragging as if that makes him a better person. Such an elitist mentality. 
you do understand that he can say and feel how he wants to......you also understand that you can do the same.....point blank.

the man used his free speech....no one has to agree with his comments, but they are his to make.

^I get that, but explain to me why you would EXPECT this though....from a rapper who glorifies things of the sort all throughout his raps?

When somebody says this, clearly you don't know what the **** you talking bout.
laugh.gif

No, but I think people would at least expect him to respond sensibly and with some self-awareness
Right if andre iguodala could talk on it don't see why Rocky couldn't.

Dude decided to **** on regular folks because he living in SoHo and BH

Saying I'm good on that subject is better to say vs this response

You've made sweeping generalizations twice to prove a point, fam. You're doing it wrong.

We all understand your point of view, but making blanket statements about people based on their reaction to Rocky sounding ignorant as **** isn't helping. Hell, it holds no water.

Yup.

Makes complete sense. Don't bash someone, if you yourself aren't doing anything or making a stance in real life. I don't care if you feel victimized by my statements. They're true. Same way you guys want to hold ASAP Rocky accountable, I hope you're holding your brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends accountable. That is simply unfair. I'm "disappointed in _____" be dissappointed in anyone displaying self-hate or a lack of cultural pride. This stuff didn't happen over night. I myself am 28 years old, and I laugh at individuals who just talk, talk, and talk, but don't have the courage to really try and do something meaningful.

You just keep saying the same dumb ****. :lol:

"you guys want him to sound like MLK"

"You guys look to rappers to speak"

Nobody said any of that. You just talking just to talk.

My question to you is, what have YOU said?

I'll wait.

I'm sure it's something that someone else said that you're simply repeating in your own words.

But I'll wait.

Rapper talks about killin, sodomizing, poisoning in his own communities...all in his raps.

There is a difference between music (art) and an interview.

I'm not condoning the topics he raps about, but you can't justify ignorance in real life during a real interview by pointing out ignorance in art. It's art.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to sound extremely uninformed on a topic, just stay away from it. It doesn't matter what the topic is.

Last edited:

Makes complete sense. Don't bash someone, if you yourself aren't doing anything or making a stance in real life. I don't care if you feel victimized by my statements. They're true. Same way you guys want to hold ASAP Rocky accountable, I hope you're holding your brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends accountable. That is simply unfair. I'm "disappointed in _____" be dissappointed in anyone displaying self-hate or a lack of cultural pride. This stuff didn't happen over night. I myself am 28 years old, and I laugh at individuals who just talk, talk, and talk, but don't have the courage to really try and do something meaningful.
And therein lies the problem. I hold EVERYNE in my life to the same standard. I have arguments with my parents about some of these issues regularly. Who are you to make any of these assumptions?

You don't know me or anyone else on this thread from a hole in the wall, so making those blanket generalizations and calling people 'idiots' just makes you look incapable of forming a well thought out and supported argument to prove your point.

Generalizations don't prove a damn thing. They just prove you're either lazy in supporting your argument, or are incapable or supporting it.

Last edited:

I'm not condoning the topics he raps about, but you can't justify ignorance in real life during a real interview by pointing out ignorance in art. It's art.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to sound extremely uninformed on a topic, just stay away from it. It doesn't matter what the topic is.

For sure, music while being a transcendent art form at its best is still entertainment.

A lot of hip hop artists could be more conscious in their music and I see even a lot of artists making street music that are starting to speak more on it.

However your actions outside of your art should always speak more to the person you are than your work should.

& it's not just any topic, it's the most important struggle we collectively face as a group of people.

****** ain't sounding uninformed about Pokemon Go or some **** out here. :lol:

And I do hold myself and everyone around me accountable, I talk to kids and give back with time and money, this ain't about that.

Listen to his verse, in this song. Rocky definitely is aware.

Again, criticizing Rocky, when 85% of black people aren't even "aware" or "enlightened" but let's blame one guy. If so many more are fighting the fight, why is our situation the same? Either some are lying, or tucking tails. I need answers...

It really isn't. The idea that there is this "real world" that is completely separated from the "entertainment world" is one of the biggest misconceptions ever. 

Last edited:
So you know every black person that made a comment about this personally ?? Righttt

It really isn't. The idea that there is this "real world" that is completely separated from the "entertainment world" is one of the biggest misconceptions ever. 

I think the connection is deeper than most realize but you can't also tell me that the two worlds are 100% intertwined.

Listen to his verse, in this song. Rocky definitely is aware.

Again, criticizing Rocky, when 85% of black people aren't even "aware" or "enlightened" but let's blame one guy. If so many more are fighting the fight, why is our situation the same? Either some are lying, or tucking tails. I need answers...
I don't think anyone is blaming Rocky for anything.

He said some **** **** and people are addressing that. Nobody is trying to make ASAP Rocky the scape goat for all that is wrong in the world.

Back
Top Bottom