***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

So, let me get this straight.

If you're a black rapper/entertainer, you HAVE to be A voice to what we have been facing recently/thoughout history?

A voice to who?

I don't look to these rappers, or entertainers for their "voice" when it comes to situations like this.

It probably would have been better to just keep his mouth shut from jump, but that's neither here nor there.

What if he legit just wants to rap, and not be a voice to whats going on in the real world?

Based off what I'm reading here, he's wrong for this....?

I wish people were as vehemently dedicated to boycotting and speaking out against Obama's lack of action for African-Americans these last 8 years as much as they are dedicated to boycotting and not supporting rappers or entertainers who do the same.

What's really important here? 

So, let me get this straight.

If you're a black rapper/entertainer, you HAVE to be A voice to what we have been facing recently/thoughout history?

A voice to who?

I don't look to these rappers, or entertainers for their "voice" when it comes to situations like this.

It probably would have been better to just keep his mouth shut from jump, but that's neither here nor there.

What if he legit just wants to rap, and not be a voice to whats going on in the real world?

Based off what I'm reading here, he's wrong for this....?

He's not wrong at all when he's saying he doesn't feel the need to speak on it. But when him and his crew try to speak on these issues...and are so blatantly misinformed...that's when it's a problem.

Just leave it alone.

He's not wrong at all when he's saying he doesn't feel the need to speak on it. But when him and his crew try to speak on these issues...and are so blatantly misinformed...that's when it's a problem.

Just leave it alone.

To me, I just feel if you're a black man of the age they are in this world and you're not informed enough to speak on the situation we're facing, you're lost and should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not saying ASAP should be next gen Black Panthers, but the things Rocky and Ferg said are embarrassing.

Last time he got asked about some **** like this he started going into the whole "but what about black on black crime" spiel and got his social media accounts fired up :lol:

And what's worse is these dudes don't understand systemic racism...nor the concepts and recency of racism.

Dudes don't understand why they grew up in the hood. Or have cousins that are the first in their family to go to college, or why they went to bad schools, or why there are drugs and guns in their communities, or why they get lengthy prison sentences, targeted by police etc. Or why people that live in poverty with people that look like them are going to commit crimes, or violence against the immediate ppl in their communities.

None of that is explained...and they don't wanna hear it. When I hear a brother start off with those talking points...I just shake my head.

Last edited:
This. 

Can't play the "he doesn't have to speak" card...when he's already spoken and said the WRONG ****.

Ignorance is literally defined as the lack of information or knowledge. Rocky KNOWS he's a black dude from Harlem. It's inferred that, by knowing this, he's aware that he can be killed. But. Because of his access to wealth and the privileges it brings (women, status, better homes, etc), he probably feels a disconnect between him and his race.

You're getting bogged down based on your own understanding of the word ignorance. I'm not going to debate that with you. Again, we can agree to disagree and keep it pushing. :lol:

You got Ferg out here saying that racism don't really exist in our generation and you got Rocky talking about he don't know what's going on where black people are being murdered by police and he can't relate.

If you don't see how that's ignorant, than that's on you.

Those same words could've come from an "All Lives Matter" white person, I'm sure you would've thought they were ignorant.

If Hov, Bey, **** even Drake can relate and speak on it, the **** is a ASAP Rocky?

Not an excuse.

Last edited:
Rocky, Ferg, Fetty Wap, (insert any other self hating black man who's opened their mouths on the social injustices today only to say some dumb ****) can all **** themselves. Whether y'all fools like it or not y'all are leaders especially to young black men and if your uneducated about said subjects or really don't care about it I rather you decline to comment instead of spewing some dumb *** **** ideologies onto the youth.

Rocky one of them dudes that thinks because he parties w/ white people, smashes white chicks, has fans of all races...that "racism" doesn't exist.

Them dudes think they're too cool and progressive to listen to dudes like Umar, Banner etc. They don't wanna be "bogged down by that". They on some, "love conquers all"...lets be friends BS.

Only people dudes would listen to is Kanye. But he too is cut from the same cloth....and won't speak on the real anymore. This is the same ***** that had a white girl with gold fronts saying ***** in his video that blew him up.

I don't expect much from him.

Exactly. Some of these dudes think that cuz they got a little bit money, they smash white girls, white people smile in their face that racism is dead. _'s like that always get their wake-up call though. Ask Bill Cosby and Tiger Woods.

The hell yall talkin about "spewing dumb **** to youths".....yall listen to lyrics to these cats songs? Do you listen to rap at all?

I hear far worse on rap tracks that they broadcast all over media outlets

I aint comin at you direct, or tryin to single you out kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc I'm just trying to grasp the logic.

The hell yall talkin about "spewing dumb **** to youths".....yall listen to lyrics to these cats songs? Do you listen to rap at all?

I hear far worse on rap tracks that they broadcast all over media outlets

I aint comin at you direct, or tryin to single you out kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc I'm just trying to grasp the logic.

If you can't grasp it, this topic ain't for you. :lol:

If you can't grasp it, this topic ain't for you. :lol:

The typical response :rolleyes

Anyway.

These cats talk about nothin but dumb **** in they songs, but then yall expect some MLK-type narrative in their interviews.

***-backwards.

Nobody expects him to sound like MLK. :lol: Just like Rocky you sound dumb and shouldn't speak on this.

Rocky can feel how how wants and i respect it...too many folks think everybody gotta agree or be on the same page.

Exactly. Some of these dudes think that cuz they got a little bit money, they smash white girls, white people smile in their face that racism is dead. _'s like that always get their wake-up call though. Ask Bill Cosby and Tiger Woods.

My man, Tiger was pulling that **** the worst.

***** said "I'm not black, I'm "Cablinasian".

full

They found out he was cheating on his white wife, now he's a ****** again.

Rocky can feel how how wants and i respect it...too many folks think everybody gotta agree or be on the same page.

I would agree if it was any other topic, not this.

I'm sorry but as a black man especially one in the "1%", no way.

Last edited:
Nobody expects him to sound like MLK. :lol: Just like Rocky you sound dumb and shouldn't speak on this.

What substance have you provided?

All you've done is regurgitate what another NTer said.

Grow some nuts and think for yourself, instead of looking to rappers and NTers to think for you.

Now you just sound like a emotional female. :lol:

I don't look for rappers to say anything. But if they do and they sound dumb I'm gonna call it out. Just like you sounding like a clown.

Back
Top Bottom