***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Didn't know much about this guy before the interview. Don't really care to know much about him after this interview. He's weak. Trying to tow the line of being a co on and relevant. Could have just stayed out of the convo in regards to the issues plaguing black people all togheter. He has nothing of substance to offer. And IDGAF if he is a model for Dior. Cloths looks like high priced dodo anyways. 

Didn't know much about this guy before the interview. Don't really care to know much about him after this interview. He's weak. Trying to tow the line of being a co on and relevant. Could have just stayed out of the convo in regards to the issues plaguing black people all togheter. He has nothing of substance to offer. And IDGAF if he is a model for Dior. Cloths looks like high priced dodo anyways. 

All that, dude disappointed the hell out of me. Sounds like a uninformed 8th grader

He been sounding ignorant as hell for a min, kinda changed how I view him overall as an artist. Apart of me thinks he be tryna not piss his fans off because majority of them are white

Idk, that "talk" he did at Oxford University was cringe as hell tho :x

Last edited:
All that, dude disappointed the hell out of me. Sounds like a uninformed 8th grader
Agreed. I would have had more respect for him if he didn't cower away from what he said in that interview. This was nothing but a damage control interview. His label must have put him up to it. He wasn't as defiant here as he was in that interview. Sounds like he didn't want to lose any of his white fans by saying how he feels. 

I read his comments yestarday. I didn't expect him to sound THIS dumb :lol:

"In the interview, Rocky said: "So every time something happens because I'm black I gotta stand up? What the **** am I, Al Sharpton now? I'm A$AP Rocky. I did not sign up to be no political activist. I wanna talk about my mf'n lean, my best friend dying, the girls that come in and out of my life, the jiggy fashion that I wear, my new inspirations in drugs!

"I don't wanna talk about no Ferguson and **** because I don't live over there! I live in f'n Soho and Beverly Hills. I can't relate. I'm in the studio; I'm in the fashion studios; I'm in these b's drawers. I'm not doing anything outside of that. That's my life."

I mean I get it, if it's not in you to speak up then don't.

We don't need dumb *** _'s like this saying anything.

It runs in that crew. Ferg said this a year ago.

“There’s no racism with the Internet. Racism only was — is probably like five generations ago. Racism been over,” he admitted to hosts Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Frannie Kelley. “It’s the old people that keep on holding on to it. We don’t hold on to that ****. We don’t know racism. We all like having—like my little brother had white girlfriends. And that’s regular.”

200x200px-ZC-6bde1d35_russell-westbrook.jpeg

Listening to the interview and it's disheartening. I can't even be mad at Rocky. He's misguided, miseducated, and a victim of this idea that corrupts most of the people in our community wherein they dissociate themselves because they feel that their money/success/fame nullifies their being a part of the black race.

All you can do is reach out to brothers like that and guide em.

Listening to the interview and it's disheartening. I can't even be mad at Rocky. He's misguided, miseducated, and a victim of this idea that corrupts most of the people in our community wherein they dissociate themselves because they feel that their money/success/fame nullifies their being a part of the black race.

Na I didn't feel that at all, this is a 27/28 year old black man from NYC who just started getting money 4 years ago, he didn't grow up rich/out of touch.

He and his crew have said stupid **** like this over the years, there's not an excuse for that considering the climate and considering that he actually has a platform.

He's ignorant, not misinformed.

He's also the reason why we need leaders in entertainment especially hip hop that are actually aware because other wise they gonna go to ****** like him.

Na I didn't feel that at all, this is a 27/28 year old black man from NYC who just started getting money 4 years ago, he didn't grow up rich/out of touch.

He and his crew have said stupid **** like this over the years, there's not an excuse for that considering the climate and considering that he actually has a platform.

He's ignorant, not misinformed.

He's also the reason why we need leaders in entertainment especially hip hop that are actually aware because other wise they gonna go to ****** like him.
Yep

Dudes start to forget where they came from when the money starts rolling in. It's all about me me me

Gonna have to agree to disagree to a certain extent fam.

Ignorance is when you don't know. Rocky's from Harlem. He knows. But he's got it in his mind that his success grants him the privilege of departing from his race. That's misguided logic imo.

Gonna have to agree to disagree to a certain extent fam.

Ignorance is when you don't know. Rocky's from Harlem. He knows. But he's got it in his mind that his success grants him the privilege of departing from his race. That's misguided logic imo.

But what you're describing is ignorance.

He showing a complete lack of awareness like he's still not a N-Word in Soho or Beverley Hills, that just because he has money now that he can't be killed for no other reason than the color of his skin by a cop who could give a **** about who he is.

Him getting money has nothing to do with anything and the fact that he thinks that is what makes UNABLE to speak out against issues when it actually makes him a prime candidate is nothing but ignorance.

That boy asap is a what you call a ***** damn I can't say what I want to say on NT but I'm disappointed by that comment in general . True if you live in Soho & Beverly Hills , I can't relate to even buy or listen to your music .

Rocky just isn't smart. You can listen to him talk about *anything* and see that he's not that smart or articulate. When Noisey did that doc on him, I was like "Oh. He's not smart," that's really all I took away from it.

Last time he got asked about some **** like this he started going into the whole "but what about black on black crime" spiel and got his social media accounts fired up :lol:

Ignorance is literally defined as the lack of information or knowledge. Rocky KNOWS he's a black dude from Harlem. It's inferred that, by knowing this, he's aware that he can be killed. But. Because of his access to wealth and the privileges it brings (women, status, better homes, etc), he probably feels a disconnect between him and his race.

You're getting bogged down based on your own understanding of the word ignorance. I'm not going to debate that with you. Again, we can agree to disagree and keep it pushing. :lol:

Last edited:
Asap sellout. Dude basically crying to keep his white fans. Don't wanna piss off white massa who makes his leggings and dresses for free either. **** him, no support from me.

Rocky one of them dudes that thinks because he parties w/ white people, smashes white chicks, has fans of all races...that "racism" doesn't exist.

Them dudes think they're too cool and progressive to listen to dudes like Umar, Banner etc. They don't wanna be "bogged down by that". They on some, "love conquers all"...lets be friends BS.

Only people dudes would listen to is Kanye. But he too is cut from the same cloth....and won't speak on the real anymore. This is the same ***** that had a white girl with gold fronts saying ***** in his video that blew him up.

I don't expect much from him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom