***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Gotta agree to disagree on that one. :lol:

I think Wale is dope

But when you complain and make it seem like you're this best kept secret and overrate yourself...then you're setting people up to come in with these high expectations

Drop more music and earn people's attention

I can see your point. But I think it's often a contrived situation where people write him off before they listen to him because there's the perception that he complains. And don't get me wrong, some of his moves are OD (complex, Twitter, etc), but I can't judge a person too harshly when it comes to expressing their passion. That man is dope as hell, but I know people who said, verbatim, "I can't even give TAAN a chance. Wale complains too much". It's crazy, because no one that I know that's listened to that album has anything bad to say about it. I can see how homie can be frustrated with the sentiment that surrounds him.

When he was pantomiming the butt cheeks using his hands.
roll.gif

I'm gonna need a time stamp
Start at an hour on the dot in.

Last edited:
Wale do stay complaining. He one of them dudes that only held himself back. We clown Meek but he is just as emotional on social media.

C'mon, this dude ALWAYS whining. I think Wale one of the dopest but his testosterone levels are obviously low. And now he said he will do more singing.... damn please dont 

ill say again , wale simply has to make better music

there isnt anything to get . i like a lot of records by wale and equally listen to a lot of his music thinking where the hell is he going with this

you cant get mad that people arent responding to your records the way you want them to . sometimes its a slow burn , who knew common would be around this long ?

Wale makes good music IMO, i don't like this PYT joint tho, but the reception seems to be good. He just has to get over the feeling that people HAVE to listen to him and HAVE to like him or his stuff. I understand that he wants to be mentioned w/ the Drake's and Coles...that's the class he came in with, but after all this time it might not happen. He carved his own lane...stick to it and keep making the **** you make. The internet would have you thinking people don't **** with dude, but i know way more people **** with his music than i know who don't.

Wale makes good music IMO, i don't like this PYT joint tho, but the reception seems to be good. He just has to get over the feeling that people HAVE to listen to him and HAVE to like him or his stuff. I understand that he wants to be mentioned w/ the Drake's and Coles...that's the class he came in with, but after all this time it might not happen. He carved his own lane...stick to it and keep making the **** you make. The internet would have you thinking people don't **** with dude, but i know way more people **** with his music than i know who don't.
this is true . even tho he did come off as a corny character in the lady ga ga days , the internet made it easy to not like him . i feel like he's one of the last few artist making black music . the magazine review days are a thing of the past also , so even tho god smile is a DOPE record , it came out as a "single" way too late and its hard for anything in that lane to live in the shadows of to pimp a butterfly last year . that album never really got a fair review and/or stood a chance against its competitors 

with records like this , i see his frustration . he just has to stop whining . if i didn't like wale before , the complaining wouldn't make me like him anymore either

Absolutely.

Dude wants desperately to be liked liked, anticipated, acclaimed and respected like Kendrick & Cole...and to sit at the table with those two and Drake. He came in with those guys...Cole & Kendrick just make better music...and Drake has the machine, image and is a hitmaker.

Not being those guys isn't a slight to Wale. He's a largely successful artist with high chatting songs..and 2 consecutive Gold albums. And 2 #1 Albums. That's HARD to do. He's actually in pretty elite company when you look at his past 5 years or so.

I understand some of Wale's frustration though. Dude was making records with similar production and content to Kendrick & Cole before them...and making Afro Beat records before Drake. Him and Wizkid (dude on "one dance") have numerous records together. It gotta irk him to see the success that those guys have doing similar things...and the public acting like its completely new.

Add that to his fans foolishly acting like "pre MMG" Wale was so different than "after MMG" Wale...and you can see the frustration.

Dude definitely needs a reality check though. His perception of who he is as an artist..and talent are skewed. He should be more upset that Big Sean passed him up if anything :lol:.

Wale is cool. I've always given his projects a chance but the only ones I still play are the Folarin tape and Festivus. He's just not that good. He's a nice rapper but he ain't great. His songs are nice but not great. He's right there in the middle where he should be. Now I don't blame him for wanting more, he should but at this point he is what he is. He got a good fan base, his albums have done nice numbers.

He doesn't have any classic material. DC and PG county don't even play his music THAT much. Even when he first came out people in the area wasn't REALLY messing with him like that. I've heard more Shy Glizzy than I've ever heard Wale. Fat Trel coulda been DC's Keef if he was focused.

Last edited:
More About Nothing is a classic

Ambition is a great album and probably his best

He too shortsighted...He gonna be one of those dudes that in ten years will still be around a la Fab

Meanwhile a guy like Drake has to continue to ascend and maintain a crazy level of success or it will look like he fell off

Not being the "top" guy is a blessing in disguise...being that 3-5th dude that is consistent and respected in his legacy > being #1 who has to go platinum every album or its a flop

Wale is cool. I've always given his projects a chance but the only ones I still play are the Folarin tape and Festivus. He's just not that good. He's a nice rapper but he ain't great. His songs are nice but not great. He's right there in the middle where he should be. Now I don't blame him for wanting more, he should but at this point he is what he is. He got a good fan base, his albums have done nice numbers.

He doesn't have any classic material. DC and PG county don't even play his music THAT much. Even when he first came out people in the area wasn't REALLY messing with him like that. I've heard more Shy Glizzy than I've ever heard Wale. Fat Trel coulda been DC's Keef if he was focused.
Ain't he on MMG?

It seems like Ross just gave up on those boys...they could have had a dynasty with how diverse their roster was...

Wale fell back from online. Something that Meek, Chris Brown and 50 need to do.

That's where a lot of his hate stemmed from.

Game is the only person I've seen that uses it properly, because he does it as jokes and says

The PYT song came on after All The Way Up remix on Tidal and it sounded better the second time around

Absolutely.

Dude wants desperately to be liked liked, anticipated, acclaimed and respected like Kendrick & Cole...and to sit at the table with those two and Drake. He came in with those guys...Cole & Kendrick just make better music...and Drake has the machine, image and is a hitmaker.

Not being those guys isn't a slight to Wale. He's a largely successful artist with high chatting songs..and 2 consecutive Gold albums. And 2 #1 Albums. That's HARD to do. He's actually in pretty elite company when you look at his past 5 years or so.

I understand some of Wale's frustration though. Dude was making records with similar production and content to Kendrick & Cole before them...and making Afro Beat records before Drake. Him and Wizkid (dude on "one dance") have numerous records together. It gotta irk him to see the success that those guys have doing similar things...and the public acting like its completely new.

Add that to his fans foolishly acting like "pre MMG" Wale was so different than "after MMG" Wale...and you can see the frustration.

Dude definitely needs a reality check though. His perception of who he is as an artist..and talent are skewed. He should be more upset that Big Sean passed him up if anything :lol:.

I find Wale a lot more entertaining than Cole and his projects better

and I like Wale's last project a lot more than Kendrick's

More About Nothing is a classic

Ambition is a great album and probably his best

He too shortsighted...He gonna be one of those dudes that in ten years will still be around a la Fab

Meanwhile a guy like Drake has to continue to ascend and maintain a crazy level of success or it will look like he fell off

Not being the "top" guy is a blessing in disguise...being that 3-5th dude that is consistent and respected in his legacy > being #1 who has to go platinum every album or its a flop

This

I see his frustration though, but I think he also puts it in to the music so it benefits the fan. He's in competition instead of releasing the same old boring formula like Drake.

Wale rants > Kanye rants

Wale has a real convo while expressing his frustrations and makes it a group discussion.

Kanye just over talks you and pisses for 20 minutes and it ends.

I see the points he's making

Last edited:
Lyrically, not to many dudes are seeing Wale. Wale could exist in the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s.

He should just keep the dice rolling. His core fanbase will always support him.

Back
Top Bottom