***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

laugh.gif
Yeah you're not biased at all.

Nobody believed in Kanye. Just Blaze, Dame and D Dot didn't think he was a good rapper. He improved.

Name me a label led by a rapper that has had someone underneath them surpass them? And don't give me YM, because that was smoke and mirrors for Birdman.
If you're saying that Wayne surpassing Birdman was smoke and mirrors...

Then Drake and Nicki?

And Big Sean is doing okay.
Also I believe redman surpassed Eric sermon
Ghost face surpassed rza
There's 2 examples @Magic1978

Also Kanye didn't improve
He just got better ghostwriters
Can't believe he still gets a CRAZY pass for that
I feel like when people "write" for Ye, it's not really "Here write this verse, I'mma go kill this blunt, when i come back have that hot **** ready"

It's more like everyone has their input on the verse "should I switch this word with this" and they get a writing credit

It's detailed in here, talks about the MBDTF sessions

http://www.complex.com/music/2010/11/kanye-west-project-runaway

And how you make snippets your ringtone lol?
Wayne didn't put Drake or Nicki on. Both were the biggest new artist rap had seen since probably 50 from their mixtapes. They had a bidding war with all the majors, but they wanted to get with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
If we're being honest, there was only a bidding war for Drake after Wayne (as the hottest rapper out at the time) started co-signing him in 08. He introduced Drake to the urban audience.

Ransom, Man of The Year, etc. all those tracks that got Drake popping with the urban audience was in summer 08. So Far Gone and Best I Ever Had dropped early 09.

:lol: Yeah you're not biased at all.

Nobody believed in Kanye. Just Blaze, Dame and D Dot didn't think he was a good rapper. He improved.

Name me a label led by a rapper that has had someone underneath them surpass them? And don't give me YM, because that was smoke and mirrors for Birdman.

Then Drake and Nicki?

Also I believe redman surpassed Eric sermon

Ghost face surpassed rza

There's 2 examples [@=https://niketalk.com/members/38362"write" for Ye, it's not really "Here write this verse, I'mma go kill this blunt, when i come back have that hot **** ready"

It's more like everyone has their input on the verse "should I switch this word with this" and they get a writing credit

It's detailed in here, talks about the MBDTF sessions

http://www.complex.com/music/2010/11/kanye-west-project-runaway

And how you make snippets your ringtone lol?

Wayne didn't put Drake or Nicki on. Both were the biggest new artist rap had seen since probably 50 from their mixtapes. They had a bidding war with all the majors, but they wanted to get with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

If we're being honest, there was only a bidding war for Drake after Wayne (as the hottest rapper out at the time) started co-signing him in 08. He introduced Drake to the urban audience.

Ransom, Man of The Year, etc. all those tracks that got Drake popping with the urban audience was in summer 08. So Far Gone and Best I Ever Had dropped early 09.
:rolleyes
Here we go giving Kanye a pass as usual
But people clowned drake
When we know he writes as well
Also Wayne didn't really co-sign drake
He was kinda iffy on signing him
But did it anyway
Wayne wasn't really out giving folks cosigns

Bruh I can literally go back and write a better verse than any rapper on any beat seeing as their verses as already out. I mean if we told jay and em like yo Lil Wayne gonna write a verse too and we gonna compare who had the better verse, now go. Or if all 3 were in the studio together, but nah I can't give dudes freestyles more credit then the song that is already written, song is already molded. Take ether for example, the rhyme pattern is already there he just filled in his words.

But you admit he was spitting on there though :nerd:. I stand by it man. If somebody comes along and makes a better version of the original song, I'll give them credit. Wayne did more than just "fill it in with words". He murdered it.

Some people find it impossible to believe that Wayne was a very good rapper at one point.

If Nicki sticks with 1017 Bricksquad...she's Jackie-O of Trina at best. With Wayne, she's one of the biggestPop Star's in the world. And Wop is one of my favorite artist...and the best A&R in the game....but I gotta give that to Wayne.

Wayne on drought 3 upgrade you: "And I just signed a chick named NICKI MINAJ".

That is true but like Will said she started really popping after slumber party

Wayne wanted to get with groupies and drink lean, he wasn't the reason Drake and Nicki blew up. Once they got past their first albums, they became their own entities anyway. Which is why I thought neither of them should have even signed with a major, because they were that popular without one.

that's only if you believe they weren't already signed

But you admit he was spitting on there though :nerd:. I stand by it man. If somebody comes along and makes a better version of the original song, I'll give them credit. Wayne did more than just "fill it in with words". He murdered it.

Some people find it impossible to believe that Wayne was a very good rapper at one point.
U know I love sq Wayne. But I just can't say o Yea he outrapped em and jay cuz they already laid there verses and he heard there verses, wrote his and put it out. And yes I'm saying he did his thing on it. Sq Wayne is one of my favorite rappers.

And gucci did Wayne a big service with slumber party. Yeah Wayne took her to that pop audience but u can't just up and appear in that lane, u gotta have momentum first. A white girl I used to work at Panera bread with use to always spit her verse.

Wayne wanted to get with groupies and drink lean, he wasn't the reason Drake and Nicki blew up. Once they got past their first albums, they became their own entities anyway. Which is why I thought neither of them should have even signed with a major, because they were that popular without one.
Albeit they were indeed that popular at the time without a major, i'm assuming financially it's just more efficient to be with a major

Wayne didn't do man of the year with Drake. That was literally Drake just rapping on the MOTY Beat

There was definitely a bidding war in place for Drake before he met wayne. Rocafella among others tried to sign him. The price for drake just wasn't anything noteworthy. But he'd working in industry for awhile writing for others and was getting placement with other little to unknown rappers at the time, developing a solid internet buzz. (Thanks to degrassi)

The reason Jas took note of Drake in the first place is because he was huge online, which is why he was getting label offers

Then Drake and Nicki?

No, Drake released one of the hottest and most talked about mixtapes of that year from a new artist. Wayne co-signed him, because he was hot. The same way Drake will hop on a Migos or Makkonen track. Plus he had the Jas Prince co-sign and introduction to established artist. Trey Songz was actually his first introduction, because he was getting a video and radio look with a mixtape, because of Trey.

Kanye and Jay also wanted Drake.

Drake already had Bo1wonda and 40 as producers, he didn't need a label for anything.

And smoke and mirrors, as in YM was smoke and mirrors to appease Wayne so he wouldn't leave Cash Money when Jay came sniffing around. As we can see with his lawsuits, it was pretty much in name only and Birdman and Slim ran the day to day.

And if Jay doesn't want someone as big as him, why the hell would he go after Wayne or Drake in the first place?

But people clowned drake
But did it anyway

I think he's gotten a pass in the fact he started out as a producer, so he's gotten the same leeway that Puff and Dre get. I don't think he outright gets whole songs, well at least at one point. I think right now Kanye is a conductor and orchestrates everything, from production to rapping. A more hands and knowledgeable Puff.

I quickly tell Kanye fans who try to put him near the top rapper list about his help and to slow their roll.

Last edited:

Then Drake and Nicki?

No, Drake released one of the hottest and most talked about mixtapes of that year from a new artist. Wayne co-signed him, because he was hot. The same way Drake will hop on a Migos or Makkonen track. Plus he had the Jas Prince co-sign and introduction to established artist. Trey Songz was actually his first introduction, because he was getting a video and radio look with a mixtape, because of Trey.

Kanye and Jay also wanted Drake.

Drake already had Bo1wonda and 40 as producers, he didn't need a label for anything.

And smoke and mirrors, as in YM was smoke and mirrors to appease Wayne so he wouldn't leave Cash Money when Jay came sniffing around. As we can see with his lawsuits, it was pretty much in name only and Birdman and Slim ran the day to day.

And if Jay doesn't want someone as big as him, why the hell would he go after Wayne or Drake in the first place?

But people clowned drake
But did it anyway

I think he's gotten a pass in the fact he started out as a producer, so he's gotten the same leeway that Puff and Dre get. I don't think he outright gets whole songs, well at least at one point. I think right now Kanye is a conductor and orchestrates everything, from production to rapping. A more hands and knowledgeable Puff.

I quickly tell Kanye fans who try to put him near the top rapper list about his help and to slow their roll.
I don't even give Dre a pass
He has ghost writers
And it's known daz did a majority of doggystyle
Some of chronic
And Scott storch and other dude did chronic 2001

I'm still amazed at the amount of hate Wayne gets for his run.. The kid was killing everything. I just don't see how you can ignore that...

Everybody has their own opinion what true lyricism is some people think you need to to have to rewind a verse 100 times to get the message or it needs 10 entendres...

I disagree with that... You can be lyrical if you're being straight forward.. Wayne was very clever and his delivery was amongst the best... Just don't see how people can hate on The Carter 1/ 2, the squad mixtapes, all the features he had. The drought series he was killing all that.. All the way up until it seemed like the whole real Carter 3 got leaked.

Wasn't until Lollipop blew and he got a taste of that pop money... That's when he feel off.

Was listening to a bunch of older mixtape wayne stuff last night....you can't deny the work he put out from SQ - Carter III

my favorite wayne is SQ-Carter II

everything was just raw

I'm still amazed at the amount of hate Wayne gets for his run.. The kid was killing everything. I just don't see how you can ignore that...

Everybody has their own opinion what true lyricism is some people think you need to to have to rewind a verse 100 times to get the message or it needs 10 entendres...

I disagree with that... You can be lyrical if you're being straight forward.. Wayne was very clever and his delivery was amongst the best... Just don't see how people can hate on The Carter 1/ 2, the squad mixtapes, all the features he had. The drought series he was killing all that.. All the way up until it seemed like the whole real Carter 3 got leaked.

Wasn't until Lollipop blew and he got a taste of that pop money... That's when he feel off.
I think the hate he gets is because of his drop off
Like if he was at least decent now
People would still give him the credit
But damn his drop off has been one of the worsts

Wayne's dropoff was a byproduct of him oversaturating himself. Dude has been in the spotlight since he was 14 years old. Got music on HotBoy albums that dropped in 1997 :x

He is only 33 years old, but burnt out. He's literally put like 3 million miles on his engine. I mean, he's already stamped but, the fact that he did so much without a real hiatus. It has him snakebitten right now. Like Kobe and Peyton Manning with them late career injuries.

Wayne's dropoff was a byproduct of him oversaturating himself. Dude has been in the spotlight since he was 14 years old. Got music on HotBoy albums that dropped in 1997
sick.gif

He is only 33 years old, but burnt out. He's literally put like 3 million miles on his engine. I mean, he's already stamped but, the fact that he did so much without a real hiatus. It has him snakebitten right now. Like Kobe and Peyton Manning with them late career injuries.
Cole and Future are at or around the same age as Wayne. Future might even be older.

That's wild to think about when you compare how different the trajectories of the future of their careers look. People look at Wayne as washed  and Cole and Future ain't hit or are just hitting their prime.

Wayne's dropoff was a byproduct of him oversaturating himself. Dude has been in the spotlight since he was 14 years old. Got music on HotBoy albums that dropped in 1997 :x

Burnt out????
I acting like he was dropping gems about the meaning of life or some ****
His "topics" consist talking about
cars
money
eating vagina
and something like a hat or flag or the 3 topics posted above being the color red
I was a Wayne fan heavy
Had the mixtapes all the albums
I can even admit I use to be on that Wayne website
around the gangsta grill carter 2 era
It was basically the NT of Wayne
I still enjoy his old stuff
But I ain't bout to sit here and pretend he burnt himself out talking about bs

Cole and Future are at or around the same age as Wayne. Future might even be older.

That's wild to think about when you compare how different the trajectories of the future of their careers look. People look at Wayne as washed  and Cole and Future ain't hit or are just hitting their prime.

When did future go mainstream, when did Cole go mainstream.... And then when did Wayne go mainstream. Easy difference, foolish comparison

When did future go mainstream, when did Cole go mainstream.... And then when did Wayne go mainstream. Easy difference, foolish comparison
I was just making the observation that it's crazy that they are all the same age. 

Not really comparing them in any way. Cool out. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom