***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

My boy got a few xxl mag from that era 07ish and you could tell the industry started to put real money behind the ringtone rap . Thinking ringtones was the wave of the future :lol: Funny thing is like 96 percent of everyone has had their phones default ringtone since like 10'

Last edited:
Wayne was the best/most popular rapper
In the worst era of rap .

He stood out amongst the Mims,soulja boys , VIC, unk , shop boyz , ron browz........had to stop because it just hit me how bad this era was :lol: .... ok ...yung berg , hurricane chris , yung joc , fast life yungstaz , GS boyz ,jibbs , b hamp

Wayne's narrative building was superb. He kept repeating the message until the dummies bought into it. He talked his undeserved position into existence.

Thought Wayne was joking when he was saying that ****. Then I heard a few people say it and I was in disbelief.

I'll take rap ten years ago over today. It's the worst it's ever been. These new fruits are so soft and embarrassing. Might as well start dating each other.

Chopped & screwed hook era :x Never hated hip hop more :x Thank the lord for the interwebz :x

We lowkey back in 03-04 now with that nae nae & quan bs :smh:

Nae Nae and hit the Quan are for kids. Made by kids. Damn man, kids can't have some fun too? :lol: :smh:.

All the kids love those songs. That's like denying Disney movies or something to Kids :lol:.

I bought traphouse in 05' at brandsmart
pimp.gif

Was between that or that Memphis bleek album 534

the right decision was made
laugh.gif
bought that album too
nthat.gif

So Icy was my **** so I had to see what he was about

Bought hard to kill @ the 06 florida classic :pimp: Jammed the hell outta that cd :lol:

when NOBODY messed with Gucci the streets was strictly jamming young

He stood out amongst the Mims,soulja boys , VIC, unk , shop boyz , ron browz........had to stop because it just hit me how bad this era was :lol: .... ok ...yung berg , hurricane chris , yung joc , fast life yungstaz , GS boyz ,jibbs , b hamp

Wayne really competed with Kanye, Jeezy, Tip, Ross, Fab, Gucci, Camron etc. All legends.

Saying Wayne competed with VIC and Unk is like saying Kobe only stood out because he was competeing with Jamal Magloire, Bonzi Wells and Flip Murray....

Smilez and Southstar >>

Bought hard to kill @ the 06 florida classic :pimp: Jammed the hell outta that cd :lol:

when NOBODY messed with Gucci the streets was strictly jamming young

When hard 2 kill dropped that's when he took over the Midwest I feel like we rocked more with him than down south lol

He was that dude in Ohio in 07

Last edited:
I agree y'all gotta chill with the whip and nae nae slander. That's for the kids bruh, they need music too. If u consider that rap then I understand why u hate rap music. I rather my nieces dance to that than she twerking.

Jim Jones and Dipset brought that "Rock star" look to the forefront while the south and some of NY was coogi and Geno Green Gloval heavy
laugh.gif
....then everybody ran with it. OD'd on it. I got a couple pairs of Trues, antiks and rock and republics somewhere in storage...wallet chain equipped too :}. Should probably donate it or something.

Young Joc's "a couple grand" is classic 4real. Unk provided the club tracks. Idk why people look down on "club music" so much sometimes. Everything has its place and it's time. Some dudes wanna listen to MF doom while bishes are twerking
laugh.gif
Yeah man. The **** these ****** wanna listen to in the club? Lupe? Jay Electronica? Mos Def?
My boy got a few xxl mag from that era 07ish and you could tell the industry started to put real money behind the ringtone rap . Thinking ringtones was the wave of the future
laugh.gif
Funny thing is like 96 percent of everyone has had their phones default ringtone since like 10'
Because no one even knows how to make music your ringtone on an iPhone.

I promise you if they allow you to take a snippet from Apple Music and make it your ringtone, then ringtones would take off again. 
pimp.gif

But we essentially have ringtone rap now with beats only being simple 4-note/8-note patterns and beats being simple and repetitive enough to catch your attention for the 5/15/30 seconds that's allowed when the snippet is posted to Vine/IG/Twitter.

Every era has one hit wonders and silly ****. The only difference is that now, media is fragmented and there is no unified place to go for new music. So you might see someone roasting Young Thug or Rich Homie on Twitter for doing some gay **** and you thinking that's what the entire youth is on. There isn't a 106 and Park anymore to play Joey Bad*****, Migos, Young Thug, Chance The Rapper, and Raury, all next to each other. There is no place to go to check the temperature of hip hop culture other than blogs (which casual fans don't really check often, if at all)  or premium channels like BET Jams.

Last edited:
I agree y'all gotta chill with the whip and nae nae slander. That's for the kids bruh, they need music too. If u consider that rap then I understand why u hate rap music. I rather my nieces dance to that than she twerking.
Dudes got they 5 year olds listening to Raekwon n watching smack DVD compilations :lol: :smh:

Can't really talk music with ppl that don't understand it's a time n place for all types of music

boys straight manufacturing reasons to hate wayne

pure nonsense

when he was doing verses like hollywood divorce

3 stacks was even praising wayne at the time and em even said he was jealous of wayne and others

Last edited:
boys straight manufacturing reasons to hate wayne

pure nonsense

when he was doing verses like hollywood divorce

3 stacks was even praising wayne at the time and em even said he was jealous of wayne and others
Real talk
I'm forgot about Hollywood divorce

Jim Jones and Dipset brought that "Rock star" look to the forefront while the south and some of NY was coogi and Geno Green Gloval heavy :lol: ....then everybody ran with it. OD'd on it. I got a couple pairs of Trues, antiks and rock and republics somewhere in storage...wallet chain equipped too :}. Should probably donate it or something.

Young Joc's "a couple grand" is classic 4real. Unk provided the club tracks. Idk why people look down on "club music" so much sometimes. Everything has its place and it's time. Some dudes wanna listen to MF doom while bishes are twerking :lol: .

Yeah man. The **** these ****** wanna listen to in the club? Lupe? Jay Electronica? Mos Def?

My boy got a few xxl mag from that era 07ish and you could tell the industry started to put real money behind the ringtone rap . Thinking ringtones was the wave of the future :lol: Funny thing is like 96 percent of everyone has had their phones default ringtone since like 10'

Because no one even knows how to make music your ringtone on an iPhone.

I promise you if they allow you to take a snippet from Apple Music and make it your ringtone, then ringtones would take off again. :pimp:

But we essentially have ringtone rap now with beats only being simple 4-note/8-note patterns and beats being simple and repetitive enough to catch your attention for the 5/15/30 seconds that's allowed when the snippet is posted to Vine/IG/Twitter.

Every era has one hit wonders and silly ****. The only difference is that now, media is fragmented and there is no unified place to go for new music. So you might see someone roasting Young Thug or Rich Homie on Twitter for doing some gay **** and you thinking that's what the entire youth is on. There isn't a 106 and Park anymore to play Joey Bad*****, Migos, Young Thug, Chance The Rapper, and Raury, all next to each other. There is no place to go to check the temperature of hip hop culture other than blogs (which casual fans don't really check often, if at all)  or premium channels like BET Jams.
Bruh
U can make a snippet into a ringtone though
Ain't did that to my iPhone since like 09 though :lol:

Last edited:
ehhh idk about all that. Jay has a history of not letting people outshine him. Young money wouldn't have flourished like it did on the roc

Yep, because he sure did hold Kanye back

You can say the same about numerous people with record labels. Has anyone from TI, Jeezy, 50, Kanye...flourished.

I hate how dudes give stock answers in an effort to disparage someone.

Wayne's narrative building was superb. He kept repeating the message until the dummies bought into it. He talked his undeserved position into existence.

It was like how TI was calling himself King of the South with nothing but Tiny and no catalogy of music or credibility to back him up.

Last edited:
ehhh idk about all that. Jay has a history of not letting people outshine him. Young money wouldn't have flourished like it did on the roc

It was like how TI was calling himself King of the South with nothing but Tiny and no catalogy of music or credibility to back him up.
Kanye didn't wait for the label to help him
He did it on his own
That way hat couldn't Sabatoge him
Jay a snake
He didn't even believe in dude
It was dame
Jay a god damn snake
I could go into detail on why he his
But I feel like I've said too much on Jay being a snake previously

He did it on his own
Jay a snake
It was dame
Jay a god damn snake

:lol: Yeah you're not biased at all.

Nobody believed in Kanye. Just Blaze, Dame and D Dot didn't think he was a good rapper. He improved.

Name me a label led by a rapper that has had someone underneath them surpass them? And don't give me YM, because that was smoke and mirrors for Birdman.

Last edited:

He did it on his own
Jay a snake
It was dame
Jay a god damn snake

To add to this. No one has had talent like Jay had on the roc. Granted it was mostly dames work but there is no reason the roc shouldn't still be running hip hop.

Jay doesn't help his artist and then once they do they own thing and get a buzz he hops on the remix and tries to make it about him. He even did an album with Kanye once he got to the superstar status he is now when he didnt even want to sign the guy. Great business man but don't expect a Jay z co-sign to push Wayne and young money into another level.

Also I believe redman surpassed Eric sermon
Ghost face surpassed rza
There's 2 examples Magic33 Magic33

Also Kanye didn't improve
He just got better ghostwriters
Can't believe he still gets a CRAZY pass for that

Last edited:
Also I believe redman surpassed Eric sermon
Ghost face surpassed rza
There's 2 examples Magic33 Magic33

Also Kanye didn't improve
He just got better ghostwriters
Can't believe he still gets a CRAZY pass for that

Ghost wasn't under RZA. RZA was the producer. All of them had separate deals

and Redman was on Def Jam, Def Squad was the crew.

To add to this. No one has had talent like Jay had on the roc. Granted it was mostly dames work but there is no reason the roc shouldn't still be running hip hop.

Jay doesn't help his artist and then once they do they own thing and get a buzz he hops on the remix and tries to make it about him. He even did an album with Kanye once he got to the superstar status he is now when he didnt even want to sign the guy. Great business man but don't expect a Jay z co-sign to push Wayne and young money into another level.

So Jay didn't do songs with Beans, Bleek and Amil?

He didn't put out Roc La Familia, which was really a compilation?

So Jay didn't do songs with Beans, Bleek and Amil?

He didn't put out Roc La Familia, which was really a compilation?

Where are any of those artist right now?

Like I said Wayne would not have flourished under Jay

Edit:

Compilation album but he is on the cover in all his glory. Not saying that he shouldn't be but come on lets be serious he is about himself.

View media item 1847194

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom