***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Also I believe redman surpassed Eric sermon
Ghost face surpassed rza
There's 2 examples Magic33 Magic33

Also Kanye didn't improve
He just got better ghostwriters
Can't believe he still gets a CRAZY pass for that
A lot of dudes get passes for having writers evidently. Let's not just bash kanye.

I remember when the narrative for Kanye was he was a "soulful", borderline "conscious" rapper....then he became a hit making star, then "artist" now he's a "musical genius".

Always funny how he gets away with below average lyricism and good production and ghostwriting.....but let a southern or trap artist have below average lyrics and great production......and they "are not hip hop".

:rofl:

Last edited:
Kanye has never been lyrically nice to me. I've always thought he was average at best. Some lyrics were honest and full of emotion which helps but Kanye would never come near my top 20. He's had groups of writers. I'll always love MBDTF but he's one of the most overrated rappers ever.

These 3 being on vacation got you all talking about every damn rap topic under the sun in the meantime. :lol:

Where are any of those artist right now?

Like I said Wayne would not have flourished under Jay

Edit:

Compilation album but he is on the cover in all his glory. Not saying that he shouldn't be but come on lets be serious he is about himself.

Bleek has three platinum albums
Beans has a couple of gold

Neither were going to have a long sustained career. Beans, mainly due to himself. Instead of being Jada or Fab, he became DMX for a minute.

If you have your own hunger and talent Jay wouldn't have stopped them, as proven by Rihanna and Kanye. That goes for almost every artist. Was Banks held back by 50? We know Buck was :lol:

And does it matter who is on the front of the album or is it the look and opportunity that matters?

And considering the position that Wayne is in now fighting for money with Birdman, he became a bigger star with little to show for it.

Kanye has never been lyrically nice to me. I've always thought he was average at best. Some lyrics were honest and full of emotion which helps but Kanye would never come near my top 20. He's had groups of writers. I'll always love MBDTF but he's one of the most overrated rappers ever.

Agreed with that part, which is why he needs to go back and get Rhymefest, Consequence and whoever else was helping him out.

I liked Mac Boney on most of his tracks. He has a great track presence. :smokin

Last edited:
Buck would be way bigger if 50 let him go around the crying shi

Where are any of those artist right now?

Like I said Wayne would not have flourished under Jay

Edit:

Compilation album but he is on the cover in all his glory. Not saying that he shouldn't be but come on lets be serious he is about himself.

Bleek has three platinum albums
Beans has a couple of gold

Neither were going to have a long sustained career. Beans, mainly due to himself. Instead of being Jada or Fab, he became DMX for a minute.

If you have your own hunger and talent Jay wouldn't have stopped them, as proven by Rihanna and Kanye. That goes for almost every artist. Was Banks held back by 50? We know Buck was :lol:

And does it matter who is on the front of the album or is it the look and opportunity that matters?

And considering the position that Wayne is in now fighting for money with Birdman, he became a bigger star with little to show for it.

Banks has admitted himself that he isnt bigger because of his work ethic. And g-unit lost steam because there wasn't anyone behind 50 who kept pushing while 50 was chasing the checks outside of rap.

Wayne is bigger but also put on Nicki and Drake who without a doubt ran rap for the past 3 years. That wouldn't have happened on the ROC. Wayne wanted to be the best rapper alive yet every rapper on Jays team had to praise him to get a solid look.

I really dont care enough to continue to go back and forth but we can agree to disagree since you seem to think Wayne would be in such a great space by signing with the ROC.

Chopped & screwed hook era :x Never hated hip hop more :x Thank the lord for the interwebz :x

We lowkey back in 03-04 now with that nae nae & quan bs :smh:

Nae Nae and hit the Quan are for kids. Made by kids. Damn man, kids can't have some fun too? :lol: :smh:.

All the kids love those songs. That's like denying Disney movies or something to Kids :lol:.

:lol:
Grown men hating on kids.

Wayne didn't put Drake or Nicki on. Both were the biggest new artist rap had seen since probably 50 from their mixtapes. They had a bidding war with all the majors, but they wanted to get with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Wayne wanted to get with groupies and drink lean, he wasn't the reason Drake and Nicki blew up. Once they got past their first albums, they became their own entities anyway. Which is why I thought neither of them should have even signed with a major, because they were that popular without one.

Nobody hating on no kids bruh. I was more referring to quan & the dab song I keep hearing on the radio. Feel like the laffy taffy era again.

Last edited:
Wayne didn't put Drake or Nicki on. Both were the biggest new artist rap had seen since probably 50 from their mixtapes. They had a bidding war with all the majors, but they wanted to get with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Wayne wanted to get with groupies and drink lean, he wasn't the reason Drake and Nicki blew up. Once they got past their first albums, they became their own entities anyway. Which is why I thought neither of them should have even signed with a major, because they were that popular without one.

Wayne absolutely put on Drake and Nicki. No coincidence they burst onto the scene a year after Wayne was the biggest thing in music. 2009. Drake and Nicki came into the game as part of Young Money. They barely rep that sht now :lol:. No major bidding wars for Drake. Labels wouldn't touch him because of his image, and his claim to fame was doing a song with Trey Songz. Hell, even Wayne passed up on Drake initially. Nicki was in the south trying to make moves with Gucci and Waka mother and them.

Wayne was bringing drake out everywhere he went...featured on so far gone....Drake was featured on every girl in the world. They dropped a Young Money album....and Wayne put either Drake or Nicki on all his super wack songs at the time. Drake or Nicki wouldn't exist today if Wayne doesn't crossover in 08 and become a mega star.....and push those acts.

Gucci really low key put Nicki on. Slumber party had all the **** memorizing her verse and at that time he was the biggest rapper out. But aligning herself with Wayne put her on that platform, son was a pop star at the time. Drake and Nicki def benefited from that, Wayne was basically what they are now back then.

Gucci is definitely responsible for Nicki. She was all in the Bricks video :lol: YM just threw Lady Gaga wigs and costumes on her to gain more appeal

Last edited:
Gucci is definitely responsible for Nicki. She was all in the Bricks video :lol: YM just threw Lady Gaga wigs and costumes on her to gain more appeal

If Nicki sticks with 1017 Bricksquad...she's Jackie-O of Trina at best. With Wayne, she's one of the biggestPop Star's in the world. And Wop is one of my favorite artist...and the best A&R in the game....but I gotta give that to Wayne.

Wayne on drought 3 upgrade you: "And I just signed a chick named NICKI MINAJ".

A lot of dudes get passes for having writers evidently. Let's not just bash kanye.
What exactly is ghost writing.  To what extent are rappers saying things that isnt their own material. I mean are these artists you are referring to having a whole song written out like Jayz did for Dre? Or consulting and bouncing ideas?

Last edited:
Wayne's delivery is what made him. He had some slick lines here and there but for the most part he said a whole lot of nothing. The way he said it is what made him stand out.

Nah man, dude was actually rappin rappin. Subject matter is subjective. What Wayne lacked for in "depth"....he made up for in lyrical ability. Like technical rapping. I don't recognize the man after '07. Dead to me.

Wayne had a better renegade verse than Jay-Z and Eminmen :lol: :pimp:.

Wayne from 01-07 is arguably top 5-top 10 all time. Legend.

Yo yall let this S!!! ride !?!?!?!

What exactly is ghost writing.  To what extent are rappers saying things that isnt their own material. I mean are these artists you are referring to having a whole song written out like Jayz did for Dre? Or consulting and bouncing ideas?
Somebody comes in writes u a hook, writes the melody of a track, or the dre thing. Somebody come in the room with an idea to make a song about Jesus and u come up with Jesus walks is cool. But if u take a rhymefest song and add a couple things its ghostwriting. Qm writing running thru the 6 is ghostwriting, nobody raps the verses, the hook and melody is what bring appeal to the song.

Yo yall let this S!!! ride !?!?!?!

It's true

"I'm a mother-F'n G!
Come from under the smotherin of the slum
I'm bundlin up a ton, i'm pumpin it by that bump in the road
I'll leave you slumped in the road, if ever pumpin by my bump in the road".......

That's just the beginning. He goes on to kill the whole verse.

Bruh I can literally go back and write a better verse than any rapper on any beat seeing as their verses as already out. I mean if we told jay and em like yo Lil Wayne gonna write a verse too and we gonna compare who had the better verse, now go. Or if all 3 were in the studio together, but nah I can't give dudes freestyles more credit then the song that is already written, song is already molded. Take ether for example, the rhyme pattern is already there he just filled in his words.

Back
Top Bottom