***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Back in the 90's....there were a lot of organic, original artist. Yes I agree. However, there were also a lot of similar sounding groups and artist that weren't original. Let's not act like once new jack swing hit, everyone was doing that same sound. Or act like groups like TLC, 702, SWV, Total, XSCAPE, Destiny's Child etc weren't doing the same types of music, and going to producers for the same type of sounds. I agree that originality was applauded more then, but I'd be lying if I said that there weren't attempts by other artist to sound like each other. Let's not forget the shiny suit era either. Had Hov out here looking funny in the light.

And :lol: at acting like Pop acts in hip hop haven't been around since almost forever. The criteria for respect is still the same as it's always been. Fetty is one of the most slandered hip hop artist. He's successful just like a Hammer was.

In hindsight, they are respected for what they were...and enjoyed people tend to appreciate the music a "Hip Pop" artist created later more. When you go to a cookout and someone throws on hammer time, the same old heads that were dissing him back then hit their Lil hammer dance or whatever and laugh and reminisce about it. That's music. Just like when I hear Ja Rule now, I realize it wasn't that bad, enjoy it and remember how some of those tracks blasted thru summer parties.

The same will happen when trap queen comes on at a cookout in 2035 and the 18 year olds of today are now Uncle Zel's whipping up some ribs on the grill.

They were specifically pop acts though, and there was a separation from hip hop.

In rap, it was frowned upon. You had people who had beef over the slightest slight, similarity or because they weren't the norm. Look at Biggie and Rae over Biggie's album cover...Keith Murray and Mobb Deep. Lords Of The Underground and Das Efx had issues, because of their gimmicks being similar.

I think some of it is immature and silly, but it also set up more rules and gate keepers to keep hip hops integrity. Now anyone can do it, and it shows.

Cole & Future say hi

Kdot & A$AP also say whats good

sean's album is barely better than A$AP's

FHD>DS2>TPAB>SEAN>ASAP

I actually agree with that list... And Rocky's album was very very solid... Still ply all 5. Not on the same day tho. :lol:

Documentary 2 is better than all that sht

100x100px-LS-af5056c4_redrag.gif

ninja please

Future gets lumped into that lane because that's the lane he chose. That's what his subject matter revolves around. Albums and mixtapes have been called Dirty Sprite, for crying out loud.

That's who is. Can't escape what he promotes.
The beats are dope for the car and club

I don't get Future's importance or significance in it though.

IMO you can replace Future with anyone over those beats.

His music is strictly melody and production.
this is my point . to a future fan , you can't 

wavy makes sense to me , he may not to someone else if they dont even like that type of music to begin with . . .

migos , thug , anyone you can think of doesn't come close to future . thats like lumping kendrick in the same lane as talib . i get it , but to a kendrick fan , would that compare ? hell no 

Have u heard the album? Both disk? ASAP and Sean are heavy hitters? 

Both disk? :nerd:

And I just listened to the documentary 2 and it is really good. Belongs in the conversation... The features kinda takes away from it in that aspect though IMO.... Still very solid album.

As far as Future I'll just post what I said in the Future thread.

I don't even try to convince people to like Future. He's kinda hard to figure out cuz you can't really put him in a box. He's is not a super lyrical rapper or a great singer. He got a down south grimey voice with great melodies and a great ear for beats. On certain songs you can feel his energy or his pain. To me that's what separates him from other dudes that's tryna sound like him. You can feel that ****. From a song like 2Pac to Throwaway.

Wolf
Deeper Than The Ocean
My Savages
March Madness
Where I came From

Just to name a few, he got a lot of songs with substance. Dude will talk about smashing a stripper and selling dope out his grandmama's house in the same verse.

I'm not seeing it TBH...or hearing it I should say. I do rock with march madness though. That is undeniable. Not because he's saying anything heartfelt or amazing but because that beat ******* bangs and he came through with a great catchy song. I give credit where it's due. My only gripe is I wish it came out a few years back so we coulda got a prime Wayne to smash that ho

Last edited:
As far as Future I'll just post what I said in the Future thread.

I don't even try to convince people to like Future. He's kinda hard to figure out cuz you can't really put him in a box. He's is not a super lyrical rapper or a great singer. He got a down south grimey voice with great melodies and a great ear for beats. On certain songs you can feel his energy or his pain. To me that's what separates him from other dudes that's tryna sound like him. You can feel that ****. From a song like 2Pac to Throwaway.

Wolf
Deeper Than The Ocean
My Savages
March Madness
Where I came From

Just to name a few, he got a lot of songs with substance. Dude will talk about smashing a stripper and selling dope out his grandmama's house in the same verse.
Writing something like this gets the point across. I checked out march madness, **** was cool. His voice waves just sound mad un-syncopated and my ears cant take it. But I listened, the fact dude started of with some islam **** was dope, and the back drop of black deconstruction, i finally saw something.. I'm going to check out some of the other tracks, but my ears still hate the way he sounds. 

delete1234 delete1234 that's the beauty of March madness. Anybody couldn't make that great beat a great song. And u want prime Wayne as far as popular or prime when he was actually good?

Back
Top Bottom