***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Big Sean dropped ds2?

Seriously though, Dark Sky Paradise is cool, but it's not touching Future.

And Sean is cool, but he isn't better than Kendrick or Cole. He's allowed at the table, but he can't be Nino Brown.

Back to the Breakfast Club stuff though, the Ross interview wouldn't load for me. Guess God was trying to keep my mind from 30 min of BS.

People saying Big Sean or Future dropped the best album of the year :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll say this, rap music is in a real bad state right now. This year is easily the worst I've ever heard. So much damn garbage out here :x

Where were you LAST year?? Cause almost NOTHING dropped last year. Even in the mainstream music failed last year...only Taylor Swift went plat last year :x
Theres been alot of great albums this year

you happen to mention a NTer's cufflinks aint something you would buy in general and get banned....but this! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

People saying Big Sean or Future dropped the best album of the year :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll say this, rap music is in a real bad state right now. This year is easily the worst I've ever heard. So much damn garbage out here :x

Where were you LAST year?? Cause almost NOTHING dropped last year. Even in the mainstream music failed last year...only Taylor Swift went plat last year :x
Theres been alot of great albums this year

Last year was real bad as well. Like my man said earlier in here. Maybe this NEW rap just isn't for me anymore, I'm stuck in the 90s. How is a grown man gonna listen to a rap album with a black barbie on the cover? Future mumbling over hard beats. Drake jacking everyone's flow, style and dances, gets caught spitting someone else's rhymes and it's all acceptable. Game just dropped an album that mad people are calling a classic or maybe his best album, I played it three times and deleted it from my computer. I thought Dre's album was beyond underwhelming. Fetty Wap can't rap or sing but he's one of the biggest in rap this year. A$AP Rocky's album wasn't even rap to me, not sure what that trash was. I only liked a few rap albums this year. Kendrick Lamar, Scarface, Big Sean (went 0-2 with his albums but finally dropped a good album. Can't really listen to it, sounds like some childish rap music for some reason but it's still solid). I even like Lil Boosie's album this year and I've never liked him. I only gave that album a chance because rap lacks authenticity today.

Jalen Rose :pimp:

I would like to see him and CWebb squashed that but it seems to CWebb has done too much snake ****.

Last edited:
Killer Mike and El-p's project was tough

And I rock with Oddisee hard so I'm still messing with his project..

Obviously these aren't big names, but that's the rap game to me when I think about the industry.

My think with Kendrick and J Cole, if you still think they are trash artist, at least they are trying to up the standard.

I think on a mass scale wise, future, drake, fetty young thug, they all exist because people are just fake, ego is over inflated etc.. We see it through out the social networks every day, people who aren't taking about anything important get the most attention and likes.

Obviously these aren't big names, but that's the rap game to me when I think about the industry.

My think with Kendrick and J Cole, if you still think they are trash artist, at least they are trying to up the standard.

I think on a mass scale wise, future, drake, fetty young thug, they all exist because people are just fake, ego is over inflated etc.. We see it through out the social networks every day, people who aren't taking about anything important get the most attention and likes.

Last sentence is spot. I think there's a place for al forms of music. But some act as if only club music exists, and other styles are non existent.

:lol: we just gon lump drake in with future fetty and young thug huh :x

But j Cole and Kendrick saviors :lol: aiight

If we are speaking from a standpoint of hip hop and actual RAPPERS then yeah they are laps better then the other.

My man...it's all about BALANCE. Artist like Drake and Fetty have been big in hip hop since its inception. In the golden era though, you could hear Tribe, then Pac, then Hammer or whoever back to back on the radio or at a party. There is a time and place for everything...and surface level conscious rappers with "substance" aren't always good just because they are talking about something.

Hip hop purist have turned to elitist. Like Talib would listen to big, and big would listen to q-tip, and so on so on. Now, it's either you only rock with "rappers with substance", and view "turn up rappers" as trash...or you only listen to trap music and don't "wanna hear that preachy ****". And BIG is one of the GOATS, but this man wore shiny suits, Versace and made songs like Hypnotize. Pac made I get around. It's ok to get out the basement and party sometimes. Balance.

I enjoy and respect Nas, Talib, Common and Black Thought...just as much as I enjoy Future, Thug, Gucci and Wayne.

Last edited:
If we are speaking from a standpoint of hip hop and actual RAPPERS then yeah they are laps better then the other.

Yes bro hip hop, rap, MCing, whatever it may be called. There is no way shape or form you can sit up here and put drake in a category with fetty future and young thug. If anything he's closer to j Cole and Kendrick. And furthermore j Coke isn't leaps and bounds better than drake at anything, singing or rapping.

NT is wilding with this one

My man...it's all about BALANCE. Artist like Drake and Fetty have been big in hip hop since its inception. In the golden era though, you could hear Tribe, then Pac, then Hammer or whoever back to back on the radio or at a party. There is a time and place for everything...and surface level conscious rappers with "substance" aren't always good just because they are talking about something.

Hip hop purist have turned to elitist. Like Talib would listen to big, and big would listen to q-tip, and so on so on. Now, it's either you only rock with "rappers with substance", and view "turn up rappers" as trash...or you only listen to trap music and don't "wanna hear that preachy ****". And BIG is one of the GOATS, but this man wore shiny suits, Versace and made songs like Hypnotize. Pac made I get around. It's ok to get out the basement and party sometimes. Balance.

I enjoy and respect Nas, Talib, Common and Black Thought...just as much as I enjoy Future, Thug, Gucci and Wayne.

Artist like Fetty haven't been in hip hop since it's inception. For one, he's not original. Not being original and copying someone else wasn't allowed like it is today. The pop acts weren't respected.

There was a separation between your pop acts(Kid N Play, Salt N Pepa, Fat Boys) and your legit emcees.

Look at the cycle of Run DMC..Hammer...3rd Base...X-Clan

Look at the reaction to Ja Rule just 15 years ago. You think Drake would have existed 25? When Kane went left with the sex symbol and trying to appeal to females he got dissed and his fan base left. Same thing with LL, so he had to come back with Mama Said.

You were respected because you were a skilled emcee, not on how much you were played on the radio or how high you made it on Forbes list. That's the criteria for today. How often you're getting played on the radio.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to lump Drake in there like that. It was mostly a fame thing, he's literally the Hottest rapper in the game and sitting on the throne. Drake is a smart rapper, he puts things together very efficiently. 

Future, I know people like him because hes on that hustle rap, and i guess he says real stuff like lets say two chains. I'm not knocking future either. I do hustle rap, them dudes is telling you a whole different variations of how they get money, how they will never stop, why you need to stay on your grind, what you can achieve with focus etc... Like Yo Gotti.. But I could never listen to future his soundwaves never functioned with my ears. 

@WavyCrocket  I'm with ya son. When I hit the gym I mess with MMG sometimes, but I understand that for the most part I cant play "Phrenology" and get hype and beast my workout like i want. I need some uptempo vibrations to stimulate my mind. 

And when I turn up, sometimes, I'm not trying to hear some sad ****. But I am that type of dude that would straight put on Quest and Blacks "75 Bars" track at a party. Not even going to front!

I believe in the time and place concept for energy though. I got some bobby shurmda and lil bibby/herb tracks for my workout playlist. You just wont ever hear me bumping it while I'm driving, or working on HW/coding etc.., its only played during downtimes when the brain cells get lowered for fun and stuff. 

There are elitist, but there are also, the lupe type "dumb it down" peeps that never give any love to the other side and straight rock "Young Thug or migos" To me thats like eating junk food and never getting and mental nutrients. That's just how I feel. But I'm all about that balance life. 

Biggie is a tough one. The main core of his music was thought provoking. His wordplay and honesty was raw as ****. & pac was poetic and honest also. Those are some intellectual characteristics. So for the polar opposites comparison I get you, but even when pac and biggie dumbed down their songs the picture they painted was still vivid and flowed. The dumbed down music structure of most the artist now have no new concepts, repeat the same thing over and over in a string of different sounding variations without sparking a new idea. Like you said that era had its fun guys, but even the lower quality music still had a message. Just my opinion though.. 

Artist like Fetty haven't been in hip hop since it's inception. For one, he's not original. Not being original and copying someone else wasn't allowed like it is today. The pop acts weren't respected.

There was a separation between your pop acts(Kid N Play, Salt N Pepa, Fat Boys) and your legit emcees.

Look at the cycle of Run DMC..Hammer...3rd Base...X-Clan

Look at the reaction to Ja Rule just 15 years ago. You think Drake would have existed 25? When Kane went left with the sex symbol and trying to appeal to females he got dissed and his fan base left. Same thing with LL, so he had to come back with Mama Said.

You were respected because you were a skilled emcee, not on how much you were played on the radio or how high you made it on Forbes list. That's the criteria for today. How often you're getting played on the radio.

Back in the 90's....there were a lot of organic, original artist. Yes I agree. However, there were also a lot of similar sounding groups and artist that weren't original. Let's not act like once new jack swing hit, everyone was doing that same sound. Or act like groups like TLC, 702, SWV, Total, XSCAPE, Destiny's Child etc weren't doing the same types of music, and going to producers for the same type of sounds. I agree that originality was applauded more then, but I'd be lying if I said that there weren't attempts by other artist to sound like each other. Let's not forget the shiny suit era either. Had Hov out here looking funny in the light.

And :lol: at acting like Pop acts in hip hop haven't been around since almost forever. The criteria for respect is still the same as it's always been. Fetty is one of the most slandered hip hop artist. He's successful just like a Hammer was.

In hindsight, they are respected for what they were...and enjoyed people tend to appreciate the music a "Hip Pop" artist created later more. When you go to a cookout and someone throws on hammer time, the same old heads that were dissing him back then hit their Lil hammer dance or whatever and laugh and reminisce about it. That's music. Just like when I hear Ja Rule now, I realize it wasn't that bad, enjoy it and remember how some of those tracks blasted thru summer parties.

The same will happen when trap queen comes on at a cookout in 2035 and the 18 year olds of today are now Uncle Zel's whipping up some ribs on the grill.

I really don't get what people love about Future, man. When I listened to DS2 I had the perma-cringe face on. Dude repeats himself so much, which I could stomach if I understood what he was saying.

Lost touch with the youth. I'm old. I couldn't even get through half of DS2.

Last edited:
I really don't get what people love about Future, man. When I listened to DS2 I had the perma-cringe face on. Dude repeats himself so much, which I could stomach if I understood what he was saying.

Hendrix is Definitely not for everybody which Is why I really don't understand why people worry about it so much... He has his own crowd, his own lane. Just like every other rapper...

I'm 31 and I personally like him because IMO his music just sounds good and it cranks hard... And when you do understand what he's saying you see he really is saying some clever stuff sometimes... Every top dude doesn't have to be lyrical though... People kill me with that... Some people just know how to enjoy the music for what it is and have fun...

Last edited:
album of the year is personal , not debatable because personal preference will always kick in . something could be great for obvious reasons , doesn't mean the next guy will even like it

kendrick's album was incredible and ive always said a rapper should get on sa-ra beats , but i listen to ds2 a million times more than i listen to tpabf and i see the brilliance in what future does in his own way 

the thing about people lumping future into a category with everyone else that makes sing songy trap music , they cant do what he does at the same level . but again , if thats not your preference to begin with , you wouldn't hear it the same way anyway

album of the year is personal , not debatable because personal preference will always kick in . something could be great for obvious reasons , doesn't mean the next guy will even like it

kendrick's album was incredible and ive always said a rapper should get on sa-ra beats , but i listen to ds2 a million times more than i listen to tpabf and i see the brilliance in what future does in his own way 

the thing about people lumping future into a category with everyone else that makes sing songy trap music , they cant do what he does at the same level . but again , if thats not your preference to begin with , you wouldn't hear it the same way anyway

Future gets lumped into that lane because that's the lane he chose. That's what his subject matter revolves around. Albums and mixtapes have been called Dirty Sprite, for crying out loud.

That's who is. Can't escape what he promotes.

Posted this in the Hopsin thread, but I think it's relevant here:

I'm not saying Future is some technical lyricist rapper, but he really talks about some real *** in between the ignorant stuff.

Take Codeine Crazy for example. On the surface level, it looks like he's encouraging drug use etc. Dig a lil deeper, this **** is sad and using all these drugs and flash to mask the pain. He even says explicitly in the beginning, "Ain't for you Dog, that's for them other ******".

On Slave Master, this dude says:

"Put some Aquafina on another ring
I disguise pain when I make it rain
When I hit the club and I make it rain
When I pulled up, you know how I came"

When some are just listening to the song, they think he's just bragging about typical hood rich stuff. Not realizing that this lifestyle he's living is a front for the personal **** he's going thru. I can relate. Same **** as me buying a whole bunch of meaningless ****, smashing random chicks, drinking heavily to suppress some of the **** I'm going thru. So that's what I mean by some just don't understand. It's not technically deep or crazily creative on the surface level, but it connects.

The beats are dope for the car and club

I don't get Future's importance or significance in it though.

IMO you can replace Future with anyone over those beats.

His music is strictly melody and production.

Back
Top Bottom