...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I think imma exchange my tour because of the trackball, i'm still within my 30 days. Other than that I love the phone. (Sprint if that matters).

can someone point me in the right direction for blacking out my bold. bezel and trackball please. also i have unlocked storm for sale if u need one

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Been searching so BB forums and found these issues with the Tour so far:

Hardware:
-
Loose battery cover
- Display showing 'ripple effect' on lower two corners of screen when pressing down any of the top 5 keys including the trackball
- Device is considerably warm after extended use (15+ minutes)
- Headphone Jack does not work well or all of the time

Software:
- Lag when sending SMS (SMS Screen freezes shortly before it sends)
- Ending calls (The disconnect screen freezes for a short period before returing to main screen)
- Notifier_BBPro_5 (audio file) does not work via the sound profiles, but will work via media
- Notifier_BBPro_6 (audio file) sometimes sounds distorted when recieving an SMS

Possible Hardware+Software:
- Muffled call quality
- Extremly long bootup time after hard reset
- Weak signal in areas where coverage was always fine
- Vibration a tad bit on the weak side
Anybody with the Tour experiencing any of these problems? I'm still considering the Tour and will go take a look at it again on the 2nd. Right now, I'm still satisfied with my Pre.

only problem i've had on my tour (verizon) was the loose battery cover, it isn't too bad, but with the quality of the rest of the phone.. surprised they let that pass. also, it does get pretty warm/hot.

Noticeable "Hardware" problems-- on occasion, the phone (back) does get warm after extended use.

Noticeable "Software" problems-- none what so ever.

"Hardware+Software" problems-- again, none what so ever. If anything, I've noticed that I'm able to both make and receive calls with claritywhile on the metro-north, which was not the case with my previous phone--the Sanyo Katana.

Then again, I'm a first time BB owner so I don't know whether my opinions would matter as I have no history with BB devices to make, possibly, accuratecomparisons in the areas of scrutiny.

The only real issue, because it's only natural to want perfection, I can say I have thus far with my Tour is the occasional lag/unresponsiveness of thetrackball when I'm scrolling through a word/sentence during SMS texting. Drives me nuts. I've tried the various speeds and have to the conclusion thatfor me, the 80 vertical and the 80 horizontal track ball speed is the ideal speed for me. If I go higher, then the ishhh just zipps about with but a littlenudge, and if I go lower, then it hardly responds.

Besides the trackball, I'm very much content with this phone...
happy.gif

Someone with a Tour on Verizon give me some reasons NOT to get one.

I'm OOC with TMO and my wife will soon be, thanks to Cashmere. We're tired of the lack of service where we live and I know Verizon is strong out here,so we're considering switching. I'm rocking with the 8900 on TMO now, so naturally I'll need the Tour. But before I switch, someone please giveme reasons not to make the jump, whether that be issues with the Tour or Verizon. Thanks.

I'm OOC with TMO and my wife will soon be, thanks to Cashmere. We're tired of the lack of service where we live and I know Verizon is strong out here, so we're considering switching. I'm rocking with the 8900 on TMO now, so naturally I'll need the Tour. But before I switch, someone please give me reasons not to make the jump, whether that be issues with the Tour or Verizon. Thanks.
Verizon gets expensive plus upgrading phones cost too much.

Have you considered a bold for att?

i can't think of any reason, aside from verizon being slightly more expensive than any other carrier and phones being CDMA (although it's a better andnewer than GSM, but u don't get the choice of getting any phone you want, like with AT&T/Tmobile). just don't get at&t, they don't deserveanybody's support. POS company.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I think imma exchange my tour because of the trackball, i'm still within my 30 days. Other than that I love the phone. (Sprint if that matters).

Exchange went smooth cause the rep was a fellow BB owner so now i'm goods, no complaints at all with my tour
pimp.gif

I've had a Pearl and a couple older Blackberries.

Got the tour 10 days ago or so and am very satisfied, no noticeable problems yet. Definitely recommend it.

I'm in absolute love with my Tour...

But lately I've been having CRAZY problems with SMS delays.

People are sending me texts...and I'm receiving them way later. We're talking 10-15..sometimes even 20 minute delays. For example....in my SMSfolder...a text will come in reading 12:37 PM.....however, the time stamp when I actually open the message will read 12:19 PM.

I'm almost positive this is a network issue (or network issue in my area)....so I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet.

Just decided I'd put it out there.

QUICK QUESTION FOR TOUR USERS:

Have you had any problems with calls??? For some reason i can't hear anything when i make or receive a call. However it works on speaker phone and theother person can still hear me.

I'm in absolute love with my Tour...

But lately I've been having CRAZY problems with SMS delays.

People are sending me texts...and I'm receiving them way later. We're talking 10-15..sometimes even 20 minute delays. For example....in my SMS folder...a text will come in reading 12:37 PM.....however, the time stamp when I actually open the message will read 12:19 PM.

I'm almost positive this is a network issue (or network issue in my area)....so I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet.

Just decided I'd put it out there.
Its the service and the phone.

The tours are getting processed as theyre being activated and always look out for updates from sprint to help that.

man get the tour dont listin to some people.... its a great phone i love it... im using sprint and i am tethering right now. man this is my first BB and imglad i got it.

After being an iphone user for a while, i made the switch today for a bold. I traded my boy straight up for it. Ive just had enough of the touchscreen and Ivehad a blackberry before and i loved it. Quick question, The battery cover of my bold is blue. I thought it was suppose to be black?

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

man get the tour dont listin to some people.... its a great phone i love it... im using sprint and i am tethering right now. man this is my first BB and im glad i got it.

what are you using to tether? tetherberry?

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I'm OOC with TMO and my wife will soon be, thanks to Cashmere. We're tired of the lack of service where we live and I know Verizon is strong out here, so we're considering switching. I'm rocking with the 8900 on TMO now, so naturally I'll need the Tour. But before I switch, someone please give me reasons not to make the jump, whether that be issues with the Tour or Verizon. Thanks.
Verizon gets expensive plus upgrading phones cost too much.

Have you considered a bold for att?

Honestly, with the Family Select plan at Verizon, my wife and I will be paying just about the same as we were on TMO for two individual plans w/ BB data andunlimited texting. It will be a few more dollars, but you can't put a price on actually being able to use your phone and not having it cut out multipletimes during the day. So the money really isn't the issue, and when I upgrade I always sell my old phone anyways.

As far as the Bold goes, I can't mess with it. I like the features, but I'm not feeling the size. Just a tad too big (pause) for my liking. Not tomention Verizon's coverage at the crib is better than ATT's.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

After being an iphone user for a while, i made the switch today for a bold. I traded my boy straight up for it. Ive just had enough of the touchscreen and Ive had a blackberry before and i loved it. Quick question, The battery cover of my bold is blue. I thought it was suppose to be black?
Yeah man it is suppose to be a black cover that has a leather (pleather) feel to it.

Originally Posted by Snake201

Originally Posted by piczon1983

After being an iphone user for a while, i made the switch today for a bold. I traded my boy straight up for it. Ive just had enough of the touchscreen and Ive had a blackberry before and i loved it. Quick question, The battery cover of my bold is blue. I thought it was suppose to be black?
Yeah man it is suppose to be a black cover that has a leather (pleather) feel to it.

I knew it, my boy has swindled me !!!! LOL, . Oh well, Amazon.com has em for like 7 beans
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom