...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Okay. So I'm ready to make the switch from my iPhone 3GS to a Blackberry Bold. Is it worth it or should I wait if a better one is coming out soon? Theswich is so I can be more businuess orentated on the go, the iPhone isn't cutting it (and I've had an iPhone since 1st launch). Getting emails late,droping calls. I mean the iPhone JUST got video capabilites and I was hyped over it..smh..

What are some good things about the Bold? Anywhere I can get a refurb or one for cheap?

Next Blackberry due out, Bold replacement, note the optical trackball
blackberry-onyx-9020-cell-phone.jpg

1048.jpg

should i drop my htc touch pro and jump to the blackberry tour ?? People are so excited about blackberry's. Whats the big deal ? im interested in the tourbecause of all the good things im hearing, but im not quite sure yet. Help guyz. thankz

Originally Posted by quik1987

814.jpg

1048.jpg

the onyx?

the tmobile equivalent (driftwood) is supposedto drop in september but its been off the radar since it was confirmed in may.

now im stuck trying to decide whether to nab an 8900 after work since my curve died.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by quik1987

814.jpg

1048.jpg

the onyx?

the tmobile equivalent (driftwood) is supposedto drop in september but its been off the radar since it was confirmed in may.

now im stuck trying to decide whether to nab an 8900 after work since my curve died.
play with it in the store, you can't go wrong really besides the no 3G but oh well.

Whats good with voicemail alerts on the Tour? I only get a Text saying to activate my visual voicemail?

edit
just found out you can change what applications the convenience keys on the side are for AND you can adjust the sensitivity of the track ball...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pls forgive my ignorance as I have never used a BB. I have a ? Can you use the new Tour on Sprint as a Modem for my pc when Im traveling?

ok thanks. I was highly considering the Pre but I think I may step away from Palm and give this a try.

Originally Posted by JiveTurkey813

Originally Posted by taz92

Pls forgive my ignorance as I have never used a BB. I have a ? Can you use the new Tour on Sprint as a Modem for my pc when Im traveling?

Yeah you can "tether" with the Tour... I believe it might be a monthly fee for data usage with this. I personally don't do this with Verizon.
might wanna try tetherberry ....its a software that allow tether w/o the additional charges from ur provider ...i havn't try it with the TOURtho ...i have it on my BOLD, it works.

http://www.tetherberry.com/

i3allistic - thanks for that link.

I downloaded the app from AT&T and it didn't work. Ive been rocking my new comp and tv without internet for 2 months now and am trying to use my dataplan for it. not working. an error hits me everytime!

BB BOLD - I was wondering if anyone went with opera or what they suggest. I'm trying to make my bold better then ever but have had no success. Plus its gets bit laggy at times and gives me the white screen of death

Went from a HTC touch pro to a bb tour this past sunday and I absolutely love this phone. Changed from the original $30 SERO (F&F 500) to $30 SERO voiceonly + free BIS + $7.50 unlimited text. Anyone on SERO that wants to try getting free BIS, read this.

I was so tired of windows mobile. Ended up getting it from a local sprint store because a connect I had at best buy (nyc area) that said they won't begetting the sprint tour's until further notice. Only the LI/NJ best buy's received them for now.

The phone is
pimp.gif
. I love the fact that it comes unlocked so I can put in any sim card and it works seamlessly. The keyboard works great. I had no issues withthe "screen ripple." My battery door is slightly loose but not a deal breaker. All in all, I am VERY happy with my purchase of the tour. Certifiedcrackberry addict now.

My blackberry screen is messed up somehow. It can be described as an inside smudge and it looks like a light streak across the side of the phone. Anyway to fixthat or do I just have to turn it in for a new one?

for those tethering, remember most providers's "unlimited data" is BS and limited to 5GB /month. double check with your provider before you gotethering.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

man get the tour dont listin to some people.... its a great phone i love it... im using sprint and i am tethering right now. man this is my first BB and im glad i got it.

what are you using to tether? tetherberry?
nope just using the phone and computer didnt download nothing just hook it up to computer threw bluetooth or usb and make a dial up connection todial #777 and your good to go... anymore help just ask

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

I cant decide right now. 8900 or Bold ? Any help is appreciated.

Get the 8900 if you prefer not to have 3G, smaller phone, and better cam. Get the BOLD if you prefer a big phone & 3G. I have the BOLD and love it
pimp.gif

Does anyone here know if i wait for my contract with T-mobile to end, how much the full discount on the BlackBerry Curve 8900 would be?

JUST GOT IN THE BLACKBERRY TOUR FOR SPRINT.

PM ME IF YOU NEED ONE.

I pricematch in store prices and can work something out, I have 3 pending orders on phones from nt.

Can someone point me in the direction of tweetgenius? I've heard its the best but it's unavailable now

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

I cant decide right now. 8900 or Bold ? Any help is appreciated.

Get the 8900 if you prefer not to have 3G, smaller phone, and better cam. Get the BOLD if you prefer a big phone & 3G. I have the BOLD and love it
pimp.gif

BOLD and i love it
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom