...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

All I have under my "instant messaging tab" is Blackberry messenger, and when I click that, I have a white screen with "conversations (0)" and "contacts (0)". My social networking tab has nothing in it...blank...zero...zilch...
ohwell.gif

I'm definitely able to make and receive calls, but I seriously cannot connect to the internet. When I click the icon browser, I get the message "invalid address"...
frown.gif
frown.gif

You needa make sure your joint is provisioned correctly.

I didn't have anything until I got it provisioned the right way. After that, I ended up with a bunch more icons and everything (AIM, Yahoo) in the Instant Messaging folders.

I don't know what you mean by "provisioned", but I ended up figuring it out. If I remember correctly, I hadn't updated my profile orsomething along those lines. Plus, apparently, my phone had yet to "communicate" with the blackberry server hence why I was having issues. ButI'm kinda good now. Thanks to all of those that offered help.

One last plea for help though. Is there a good browser out there that I can DL that will allow me to see NT in it's entirety on the Tour. I ask because mydefault browser is definitely not cutting it. Not only can I not get past the NT welcome screen, but I can't even scroll past the archives tabs...SMH

Ayee antigen how much you paying per month for the tour?

What are the differences of getting the tour for sprint as opposed to verizon? Such as prices and features and what not.

I'm mainly looking for monthly prices comparisons between each. Thanks.

Unfortunately, even though I have the Tour, I'm definitely not the person to ask questions when it comes to its associated finances. My phone is part of myfamily's "family-share-plan"--meaning my dad pays the bill. So in all honesty, I have no idea how much he pays a month...though I speculateanywhere from 100-200 for the 3 phones in the plan.

The only thing that I know for sure however is how much he payed for my Tour, which was ~$50 considering we were up for annivesary upgrades for upwards of 150for each line. I knew the Tour was coming out so I just waited for it.

I've had it for about 12 hours now and i find it to be a very impressive piece of equipment. Still, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending itconsidering that, as previously stated, I've only had it for about 12 hours now. But it's been a fun 12 hours...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

just got my blackberry tour. Sprint service. so far so good. im new to BB so please help me get all the apps and nice features i need. thanks.

So, I was using Browser today on my Curve 8330 (Verizon). I noticed in the top right hand corner, an unlocked icon and 3 little boxes to the next of it. Inever noticed this before until today (so maybe I have just been oblivious this whole time).

Any idea what these small icons are? My Browser seems to be working fine, just curious what it might be. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

just got my blackberry tour. Sprint service. so far so good. im new to BB so please help me get all the apps and nice features i need. thanks.
Make sure to update your profile and connect to the BB server in order to get the necessary applications like Facebook, AIM, among other things.

I just got by TOUR on saturday and it took me quite a while to figure things out. But I did and i am LOVING this phone

BB tour > _______

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

Make sure to update your profile and connect to the BB server in order to get the necessary applications like Facebook, AIM, among other things.

I just got by TOUR on saturday and it took me quite a while to figure things out. But I did and i am LOVING this phone

BB tour > _______

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yeah im loving this thing to.... i just got that BBM 5.0 also whats yalls PIN?

hey does anyone here know how to get the OG bbm back?
i downloaded that 5.0 & no me gusta (i don't likes it).

aside from the added smileys and ability to add a default picture, so to speak, i'm not all to thrilled about the elongated dl'ing time or the factthat it constantly saves my pictures, as opposed to the opening/viewing format.

plz help meeee.
frown.gif

Nope.

I never even messed w/ the 5.0 once I heard about it getting rid of peoples BBM completely.

I'm good. I'll wait.

Copping the Tour later today for VZW
Will they have a problem transferring my contacts over from a WM phone?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Nope.

I never even messed w/ the 5.0 once I heard about it getting rid of peoples BBM completely.

I'm good. I'll wait.
granted it does completely erase the old version, it replaces with a newer "super cool" one. once the initial awesomeness wears off,& i speak in terms of it being awfully familiar to aim/facebook of messengers, it's a real pain in the +$+.

imo if you already have aim or another msg'er on your bb, it's a waste.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

Originally Posted by dreClark

Nope.

I'm good. I'll wait.
granted it does completely erase the old version, it replaces with a newer "super cool" one. once the initial awesomeness wears off, & i speak in terms of it being awfully familiar to aim/facebook of messengers, it's a real pain in the +$+.

imo if you already have aim or another msg'er on your bb, it's a waste.
Naw, I meant that some people had no type of BBM on their phone at all anymore. Whether 5.0 or the older one. Like some kind of way, it messed upBBM as a whole.

My service has been horrible since I have been using the Tour. Is there an option I can tweak to help boost my service. When I was using the mogel my servicewas not this bad.

^^^ I was having some issues with my browser and not being able to load up webpages properly a while ago. After a few unsuccessful attempts and settingmodificarions, I stumbled across a helpful response on one of the BB forums that suggested that, one should simply turn the phone off, remove the battery,re-install the battery, and turn the phone back on. Apparently the reboot works wonders, word to my browser working perfectly now. Additionally, I'm ableto view NT perfectly now whereas before, I couldn't. Point is, try rebooting your phone--it just might work...

Ohhh and FYI, this post was made via my TOUR even though my computer is just a few inches away...hahahaha

I feel mad SEXYYY with this phone...

Verizon users- how is the speed of the Tour compared with the Curve 8330? Is the phone much quicker opening apps? How is the download speed? I've beengetting poor dowload speeds on a mobile test site on my Curve. I read that the Tour is a Rev. A device, and the 8330 is Rev. 0, just wondering how much fasterthe Tour is...

^Thanks. I don't think I'll be able to get a Tour without paying full retail (not eligible for upgrade pricing), but now my dilemma is whether or not Ipick up a Tour or wait for the Curve 85xx that's eventually coming to Verizon with Wifi...

Back
Top Bottom