...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

^^^ I was having some issues with my browser and not being able to load up webpages properly a while ago. After a few unsuccessful attempts and setting modificarions, I stumbled across a helpful response on one of the BB forums that suggested that, one should simply turn the phone off, remove the battery, re-install the battery, and turn the phone back on. Apparently the reboot works wonders, word to my browser working perfectly now. Additionally, I'm able to view NT perfectly now whereas before, I couldn't. Point is, try rebooting your phone--it just might work...

Ohhh and FYI, this post was made via my TOUR even though my computer is just a few inches away...hahahaha

I feel mad SEXYYY with this phone...

First time Blackberry owner?

Yeah, the battery pull is a pretty solid solution to fixing the occasional broswer problem or OS hiccups.

Just got a Legit BB Bold for $99 today. Now I got to get all my themes and BBM friends and apps on to it from my curve. next is the customization

reports are saying that all vzw bb phones after the tour will be released with wifi. this includes a re issue of the tour with wifi which im assuming dropssoon (im holding off on coppin the tour for the wifi version)

Just cancelled my T-mobile contract thanks to the other thread...Now my question is, Im getting the tour 100% i just dont know whether to get it for verizon orsprint. I know verizon has the so-called best service but ive also heard its more expensive per month.

If anyone can help me decide which to get it for i would appreciate it. BTW i rarely talk on the phone mostly use it for text/IM/web if it matters.

Can anyone get me a hookup on a Bold. I'm on a family plan, but my 2-year contract expires in early September.

My 7130c turns off whenever it wants. Love it still.

2jbmzaq.jpg

i just got my blackberry 8900 yesterday and i was wondering what is the best browser out there? I've heard of opera mini, bolt, and google but i justwanted to get your guys opinion on it thanks.

Been searching so BB forums and found these issues with the Tour so far:

Hardware:
-
Loose battery cover
- Display showing 'ripple effect' on lower two corners of screen when pressing down any of the top 5 keys including the trackball
- Device is considerably warm after extended use (15+ minutes)
- Headphone Jack does not work well or all of the time

Software:
- Lag when sending SMS (SMS Screen freezes shortly before it sends)
- Ending calls (The disconnect screen freezes for a short period before returing to main screen)
- Notifier_BBPro_5 (audio file) does not work via the sound profiles, but will work via media
- Notifier_BBPro_6 (audio file) sometimes sounds distorted when recieving an SMS

Possible Hardware+Software:
- Muffled call quality
- Extremly long bootup time after hard reset
- Weak signal in areas where coverage was always fine
- Vibration a tad bit on the weak side
Anybody with the Tour experiencing any of these problems? I'm still considering the Tour and will go take a look at it again on the 2nd. Rightnow, I'm still satisfied with my Pre.

downloaded App World 1.1, doesn't work on my Verizon Curve. Keep getting an error saying it can't connect.
If you haven't upgraded, DON'T DO IT.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Been searching so BB forums and found these issues with the Tour so far:

Hardware:
-
Loose battery cover
- Display showing 'ripple effect' on lower two corners of screen when pressing down any of the top 5 keys including the trackball
- Device is considerably warm after extended use (15+ minutes)
- Headphone Jack does not work well or all of the time

Software:
- Lag when sending SMS (SMS Screen freezes shortly before it sends)
- Ending calls (The disconnect screen freezes for a short period before returing to main screen)
- Notifier_BBPro_5 (audio file) does not work via the sound profiles, but will work via media
- Notifier_BBPro_6 (audio file) sometimes sounds distorted when recieving an SMS

Possible Hardware+Software:
- Muffled call quality
- Extremly long bootup time after hard reset
- Weak signal in areas where coverage was always fine
- Vibration a tad bit on the weak side
Anybody with the Tour experiencing any of these problems? I'm still considering the Tour and will go take a look at it again on the 2nd. Right now, I'm still satisfied with my Pre.

only problem i've had on my tour (verizon) was the loose battery cover, it isn't too bad, but with the quality of the rest of the phone.. surprisedthey let that pass. also, it does get pretty warm/hot.

Whoever needs a blackberry bold, curve or the new 8900 for att pm me.
Sprint customers, ive got the curve sorry no tour.

Plus any other phones you guys need for ATT and Sprint.

Cheaper prices then anywhere else.

New lines and upgrades only. PM ME.

Originally Posted by Gmills23

@ home with the tour now....
I dont think my volume key is working
smh.gif

I feel like I bought a mac
laugh.gif

stupidly, those controls only work for when using it to listen to music, or during a call. i thought they weren't working for me either.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

I need something to clean my trackball

Turn the device off. Take a q-tip and dip in rubbing alcohol. Use q-tip on trackball and surrounding areas and it will clean the dirt.

Just got the BB Tour over at Bestbuy for $99 with a 2 year contract. What applications should I get on my BB? Any helpful tips or tricks is appreciated.Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom