Official Bitcoin Thread

Coinbase will let you print out all your gains and loses. It's in a pdf file. They just paywall the specific 8949 they sent to the IRS.

Think I'm getting like $300 back out of it.
Yeah thats how I submitted my gains. Just lumped them into a mass-transaction report with my total cost basis and proceeds. Hope the IRS doesn't hold up my refund to ask for the report.

Where are we supposed to stake eth now since we’re “protected” from those evil rewards on celsius and all those exchanges?

Any loopholes to become an accredited investor?

I was looking into it poking around the SEC website the other day.

Basically gotta be in the top 5% of U.S. earners with consecutive years of employment income over $200,000 AND with a net worth greater than $1M.

The irony in how heavily a requirement like that clashes against the ethos of crypto.

Now, you can also prove your knowledge of securities and investment by passing the Series 7 exam, or earning a handful of other related designations - a long long time ago I thought about going down that path.

But the gate keeping doesn’t stop.

Unless something’s changed in the last 10 years, as I remember it, you have to be sponsored by an institution to sit for the the Series 7. You can’t just study, prove your knowledge, and be good.

You really gotta be playing their whole game the long way.

Raptors just standing around on offense

Two players struggling to get by their defender and FVV was just watching in the corner :lol:
raptoriginz-cryptomasks.gif

I was looking into it poking around the SEC website the other day.

Basically gotta be in the top 5% of U.S. earners with consecutive years of employment income over $200,000 AND with a net worth greater than $1M.

The irony in how heavily a requirement like that clashes against the ethos of crypto.

Now, you can also prove your knowledge of securities and investment by passing the Series 7 exam, or earning a handful of other related designations - a long long time ago I thought about going down that path.

But the gate keeping doesn’t stop.

Unless something’s changed in the last 10 years, as I remember it, you have to be sponsored by an institution to sit for the the Series 7. You can’t just study, prove your knowledge, and be good.

You really gotta be playing their whole game the long way.

yeah I was reading about it, it seems pretty much impossible unless you're making 200k or 300k combined with the mil net worth not including real estate.

it's gatekeeper and corrupt af

you could aimlessly lose a mil gambling but if you want to get some interest on your crypto or take a loan against it you better not be some WSB loser. :lol:

I'd do it just to spite them if it was a class and a test or something even though it goes against everything crypto stands for.

it's not like they wanted to do that, it's only for US customers. SEC hit blockfi with a big fine I believe so celsius just took away interest for US customers before they got hit too.

obviously it's just the banks crying to the SEC since they offer no interest and you can get 7%+ on a stable and more people were doing it because inflation.

Just checked my bank interest yesterday. It's 0.01 percent. At least I don't have to worry about reporting that to the IRS lol.

What's funny is I've read that back in the 1980s you could get a good 10+ percent on your money with some banks.

I don't think OpenSea has made a huge impact yet. I think the real "ETH money" will come when Metamask or Phantom go crosschain and have in app SOL-ETH swaps. That way it can be integrated into the checkout process on OS. Imo any ETH head who can go thru the process of using Wormhole or Sideshift to swap for SOL will have already bought their SOL NFTs on Magic Eden. That being said the visibility will still help in the meantime for sure.

Aurory has been moving lately, I noticed they had the top 7D volume on OS for SOL projects (Grim Syndicate #3 :nerd: ).

Botting is almost necessary if you want to hit on any mint now. Since most projects are doing majority whitelisted mints it just leaves scraps for the botters in public mint :lol:. Even Magic Eden snipers cook post-mint. It's almost impossible to manually buy floor listings on a hot project when they first hit ME. Urban AIO seems to be the top bot right now. Eclypse and Sol Snipers are some others.

I haven't been messing with bots. Just been taking what I can get thru whitelists via Dragonz or copping secondary after the hype has died down. Selling whitelist tokens pre mint is also just free money. NFTs have been booming for a little bit again so it does seem like we're in a bull. But with the amount of rugs and overpromise/under-deliver I try not to hold stuff for very long :lol:. Really only thinking long term on Dragonz and Remnants.

Thanks for the info.
I also have three NFTs on SOL at the moment. Also thinking it might just be best to swing trade legit projects with low royalties at this point and rinse and repeat.

I also wanted to get into Stepn but there are just no codes kmt.

$100 price target in FXS once we clear 46.50

4-pool is going to be a major liqudity tailwind for FRAX

I've also been reading about the curve wars and it looks like a no brainer to get some FXS. It's been pumping though so not sure if I should jump in.

Thanks for the info.
I also have three NFTs on SOL at the moment. Also thinking it might just be best to swing trade legit projects with low royalties at this point and rinse and repeat.

I also wanted to get into Stepn but there are just no codes kmt.

I've also been reading about the curve wars and it looks like a no brainer to get some FXS. It's been pumping though so not sure if I should jump in.

Swing trading is definitely doable. I always tell myself I'm gonna give it a go but I'm a chump so I end up deciding against it :lol:. Also wish I got into Stepn. People were on it super early in Dragonz but I never even looked into it :smh:. Dope project.

Anyone going to try and mint a free starbird today? And is it legit :nerd:

Just looks like a low quality deriv of Moonbirds. Free mint though so just fire up a burner with some gas if you wanna go for it. You never know, it could be a good flip.

Just looks like a low quality deriv of Moonbirds. Free mint though so just fire up a burner with some gas if you wanna go for it. You never know, it could be a good flip.

Yeah just made a new wallet for this. Don't have anything in ETH so might try for one and see what's up.

Artieverse floor popped overnight and up to .35ETH. People keep lowballing me offers under or at mint price. Hopefully one of them accidently takes my counter offer which moves the decimal a couple places.

Do you guys park your money in bank accounts or do you park it via staking?

Traditional banking system feels like a rip off with what's available to us in the crypto world.

Where are we supposed to stake eth now since we’re “protected” from those evil rewards on celsius and all those exchanges?

Im bummed about this too
I am just using the Gemini card now to earn bitcoin rewards and also staking the gemini dollar (6%).
I am also paying my costco cc with coinbase debit to earn rewards.
Ima wait for my NT Crypto family to give me a safe and user friendly defi alternative to amass btc and eth.

Back
Top Bottom