Official Bitcoin Thread

Did anybody snatch a moonbird?

thehbkid thehbkid i believe...

Almost 19 ETH now. Volume is crazy.

banderas.gif

100 ETH, lawd

I didn't even know what Moonbirds was until now. :lol:

You think Opensea has made an impact on SOL NFTs?
I haven't been keeping up to date recently but some ETH guy swept the Aurory Floor hard the other day and it's been swept again. Not quite blue chip yet but its getting up there.

Sea Shanties acting like a stable coin for NFT's but they're building hard. Passive income is pretty decent. Been swapping it for SOL every time SOL drops under $100.
Thinking about getting 1 or 2 of the gen 1 citizens as well.

If it's going to be SOL Season again with the NFTs then it might be time to jump back in.
Do you know if people still using bots for Candymachine or has that died out?

I don't think OpenSea has made a huge impact yet. I think the real "ETH money" will come when Metamask or Phantom go crosschain and have in app SOL-ETH swaps. That way it can be integrated into the checkout process on OS. Imo any ETH head who can go thru the process of using Wormhole or Sideshift to swap for SOL will have already bought their SOL NFTs on Magic Eden. That being said the visibility will still help in the meantime for sure.

Aurory has been moving lately, I noticed they had the top 7D volume on OS for SOL projects (Grim Syndicate #3 :nerd: ).

Botting is almost necessary if you want to hit on any mint now. Since most projects are doing majority whitelisted mints it just leaves scraps for the botters in public mint :lol:. Even Magic Eden snipers cook post-mint. It's almost impossible to manually buy floor listings on a hot project when they first hit ME. Urban AIO seems to be the top bot right now. Eclypse and Sol Snipers are some others.

I haven't been messing with bots. Just been taking what I can get thru whitelists via Dragonz or copping secondary after the hype has died down. Selling whitelist tokens pre mint is also just free money. NFTs have been booming for a little bit again so it does seem like we're in a bull. But with the amount of rugs and overpromise/under-deliver I try not to hold stuff for very long :lol:. Really only thinking long term on Dragonz and Remnants.

This is my first time dealing with Crypto taxes & this **** is infuriating man. I need to find a tax preparer who can assist with this.
Good luck. Honestly you're probably better off trying to do it yourself. Out of curiosity whats the part of filing you're getting jammed up on?

Good luck. Honestly you're probably better off trying to do it yourself. Out of curiosity whats the part of filing you're getting jammed up on?

G Looks man,

Honestly it's really just trying to get some clarification on how to properly determine my cost basis. I used Cash App to buy some bitcoin early on & the 1099B they sent only has my proceeds listed.

now i'm trying to make sure i calculate the correct capital gains/losses but everything i'm seeing online seems really vague.

I made several purchases of BTC last year as well as several sales, a lot of websites are saying use your first coin purchase as a basis price. However that price isn't really representative of what i paid for the majority of my BTC

You need a form 8949 that will state all your gains and losses. If you're on a cex, chances are one has already been sent to the IRS by whatever exchange you use.

You'll be taxed on selling or swapping one coin for another. Just buying and holding a token with cash is not taxable.

Last edited:
G Looks man,

Honestly it's really just trying to get some clarification on how to properly determine my cost basis. I used Cash App to buy some bitcoin early on & the 1099B they sent only has my proceeds listed.

now i'm trying to make sure i calculate the correct capital gains/losses but everything i'm seeing online seems really vague.

I made several purchases of BTC last year as well as several sales, a lot of websites are saying use your first coin purchase as a basis price. However that price isn't really representative of what i paid for the majority of my BTC
Word that was what I struggled with when I submitted my coinbase transactions. In addition to what Air Champa Air Champa said, I think CEXs use a HIFO tax method. If you don't have access to the 8049, you'll have to do what I did, and scroll thru your tx history and write down the Buys and Sells. Sort by date, make sure you don't use a base cost that happened after a sell, and then use the HIFO method to minimize your gains/maximize your losses.

Sold my two pets over the weekend. Game is trash. Team execution is trash and milk has been heading to 0. Hopefully I’m wrong but not happy with what they’ve done.

Looking to add some art blocks projects that I like and focus on that with NFTs right now. PFPs are a joke at the moment.

Sold my two pets over the weekend. Game is trash. Team execution is trash and milk has been heading to 0. Hopefully I’m wrong but not happy with what they’ve done.

Looking to add some art blocks projects that I like and focus on that with NFTs right now. PFPs are a joke at the moment.
I feel you on that one, they've drop the ball with communication too. The game will be more than what it is now, but the MILK situation is in TROUBLE. Dude they hired from Microsoft better be putting in work like a MF...

This is my first time dealing with Crypto taxes & this **** is infuriating man. I need to find a tax preparer who can assist with this.

Wish I would have just not entered anything. Trying to get me to enter info for hundreds of transactions, trades, sales, fees, etc.

I’m just not understanding what the point of entering every. Single. Number is. Coinbase need to just give me a link to those numbers in 1 click. It’s all in the blockchain. There ya go IRS, YOU do the work. You tryna tax me on the $2.99 gas fee for swapping exchanges 275 days ago? YOU do the work and figure it out. Nobody got time for that

Wish I would have just not entered anything. Trying to get me to enter info for hundreds of transactions, trades, sales, fees, etc.

I’m just not understanding what the point of entering every. Single. Number is. Coinbase need to just give me a link to those numbers in 1 click. It’s all in the blockchain. There ya go IRS, YOU do the work. You tryna tax me on the $2.99 gas fee for swapping exchanges 275 days ago? YOU do the work and figure it out. Nobody got time for that

I ended up using cryptotrader.tax

it seems to sync with a lot of exchanges & makes the transitions easier. In regards to Coinbase they did provide a CSV file with all my transactions for the year.

This is my first year really getting my *** kicked by taxes & i'm sitting here like.

paidnfull-paid.gif

I've gotta look more into undue burden for next year. This is supposed to be solved with the form 8949 but coinbase is *** and paywalls that.

Coinbase will let you print out all your gains and loses. It's in a pdf file. They just paywall the specific 8949 they sent to the IRS.

Think I'm getting like $300 back out of it.

Back
Top Bottom