Official Bitcoin Thread

i bought some doge to spend a few months ago. bought $40 and put it in the SPEDN app and never got around to using it. now it’s worth $25 lol. now those crickets i was gonna buy at petco gonna cost me $4 extra cause of the depreciation lol. if i’m gonna use any crypto to spend on a regular basis, it’ll be a stable coin.

638F1FC2-0612-45D6-8BC9-AC3F764D6E1A.jpeg

Any miners in here?

I want to get into mining but the technology involved being outdated quickly after purchasing has me worried a bit.

Play to Earn is going to be so big.

Any miners in here?

I want to get into mining but the technology involved being outdated quickly after purchasing has me worried a bit.

I mine ETH but on a small scale. Only 2 GPUs. A RX 480 and a RTX 3090
EIP 1559 killed profits so I only earn about 0.1 ETH a month. Not much but not too bad if ETH gets to 8 or 9K.
At this stage of the game with ETH 2.0 coming out, I don't know if it's worth it at the moment. You also have to consider your electric bill too as that takes a beating running the PC 24/7

Other coins don't give out as much reward as ETH does either so not sure about them either.

Gonna start accumulating more coins in the top that have had less than a 100% growth this year. Crazy how some of these coins are over 1000% growth YTD while still being down most of the last 4 months

Play to Earn is going to be so big.

I mine ETH but on a small scale. Only 2 GPUs. A RX 480 and a RTX 3090
EIP 1559 killed profits so I only earn about 0.1 ETH a month. Not much but not too bad if ETH gets to 8 or 9K.
At this stage of the game with ETH 2.0 coming out, I don't know if it's worth it at the moment. You also have to consider your electric bill too as that takes a beating running the PC 24/7

Other coins don't give out as much reward as ETH does either so not sure about them either.

0.1 ETH isn't bad for me. I plan on mining on a small scale myself. I just don't want to spend a lot on the setup only for the tech to be outdated in a short amount of time.

That's exactly what's going to happen. I would focus those funds on acquiring/staking crypto I stead of obsolete mining rigs.

0.1 ETH isn't bad for me. I plan on mining on a small scale myself. I just don't want to spend a lot on the setup only for the tech to be outdated in a short amount of time.
Spoke on my mining plays before (not traditional gpu/asix.) Helium, Planet watch, deeper, matchx, run a couple nodes. Indigitus router/miner next one I’ll get in a couple weeks

i should have been mining all this time at work. they never woulda noticed or cared about a few hundred dollar bump in electricity per month. couldn’t have that **** whirring loudly and heating up my office though.

edit: johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm i see PERP catching fire rn! you still holding that one?

Last edited:
Yoooooooooo I know a couple of guys on here use the Phantom wallet for their Solana activity and I know a couple of us bought some $SAMO for ****s and giggles last spring.

Check and see if you got a $MIM airdrop this week. MIM is the sable coin of the Abracadabra Money ecosystem and its $SPELL token is worth checking out in its own right but that's not the point.

I was just doing my weekly harvesting and noticed a random 5,000 MIM = $5,000 in my Phantom wallet.

Did some research and it looks like a SPELL enthusiast airdropped 5,000 MIM to SAMO holders on 9/22.

This crypto stuff is wild man. A stranger just gave us $5,00O for holding a couple of bucks worth of their favorite meme coin.

Some of these dudes obviously got more money than they know what to do with off this crypto **** but I'm not mad at it. :lol:

i should have been mining all this time at work. they never woulda noticed or cared about a few hundred dollar bump in electricity per month. couldn’t have that **** whirring loudly and heating up my office though.

edit: johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm i see PERP catching fire rn! you still holding that one?
Nah sold it in the 14s or 15s. It’s restricted in usa so I closed my position since I want an unlimited TAM.

Because you blindly believe in something promises from something whose only existence has been as a money grab ****coin. It’s like trading white papers in 2017 and saying oh yeah this is going to be huge, wen mainnet?

there are three things you should be looking for when evaluating a coin: strong community of developers and investors, great tech that is better than its peers, adoption growth. You could probably also Include what advantages it has over its peers to create a moat.

when owning something like Shiba the position should be, yeah, what the hell, this could be fun, maybe some dumb money will blow this up and make it into a meme. Then and only then if there is an actual execution that reflects the three points I brought up, you can view its maturity in a different light.

basically

don’t drop thousands into this and expect the next solana style run
Hmm.. so you want a token with utility like say Mana or a token that backed a university education team well that token is going to stay anon or you can wait like a lot of other people to see what their blockchain is going to become

I’m not here to shill Shiba. Some people had questions and I provided answers straight from the dev team mouth. Now if in year two outside of their own blockchain that they promised.. if the Shiba Inu team provides more utility then that’s up to them.. by then it will take millions to makes thousands.. or maybe tens of thousands those are risks.

Just like there are people that want them to succeed there are also those that want them to fail.. with a project this young who knows which way the pendulum is going to swing.

what projects are those?
Boss beauties, blank faces (these aren’t worth anything but it’s a mental health awareness support group so I wanted to support the cause).

eying three more NFTs and then I’m done. Gonna buy when I get off work and I’ll post as long as I don’t get sniped again.

Hmm.. so you want a token with utility like say Mana or a token that backed a university education team well that token is going to stay anon or you can wait like a lot of other people to see what their blockchain is going to become

I’m not here to shill Shiba. Some people had questions and I provided answers straight from the dev team mouth. Now if in year two outside of their own blockchain that they promised.. if the Shiba Inu team provides more utility then that’s up to them.. by then it will take millions to makes thousands.. or maybe tens of thousands those are risks.

Just like there are people that want them to succeed there are also those that want them to fail.. with a project this young who knows which way the pendulum is going to swing.
For sure I know you’re not shilling, I just don’t want you to get caught up in the mistakes we made last bull run. If you like the project, believe in the community of DEVELOPERS (not the holders shilling) then do you. Just remember, tokenomics are a DIRECT representation of the team’s intentions.

My thesis on meme/social coins is that doge had all the meme/social coiners get on board

shiba inu basically cloned the project and got a big slice of the same group of social/meme tokeners.

now, there’s dogelon, baby shiba, baby doge, space versions, saitama, and everything you could think of cloned versions with new names and a slight twist. Little slices of the meme/social coiners are in these other ones now.

Basically, y’all spread yourself too thin, and new meme coins coming out everyday spreading even thinner.

if you’re making $, then keep doing you, but a quick look at the shiba chart there hasn’t been good $ to be made in months

Yup portfolio construction and allocation is so important here

own the two big large caps
Pick a few good mid caps
Grab a couple of interesting tech small caps
Then throw in a moonshot meme or two if you want

but don’t buy the story without proof of product and usage

Back
Top Bottom