Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

ummm I've started posting on Monday, after the Game 3 debacle..I said Cliff Lee sucks? When have I said that.. umm I was AT Game 1 last year when he sent me home in about an hour and a half after blowing through our lineup
laugh.gif
The yanks are going to throw an asinine amount of money at Kerry Wood, please, clearly you don't follow the yanks, please don't talk about what we're gonna do when you just wanna make it out to seem like i'm like the spoiled kid who never watched this team in the early 90s and late 80s, please man...

Nowitness..ok now I'm starting to have a somewhat decent conversation with a Rangers fan who knows about their finances. I mean clearly it's your team and you know more, I'm fully aware of the budget they were running on, but like you said, the RANGERS didn't turn their backs, they fully operated under the rules, but its MLB I was talking about. If you remember my original post was in the Yanks Offseason thread, where I only said "does anyone else find it odd that MLB allows a team that was bankrupt to fully operate like a functional organization while they beat a team that probably is somehow contributing to their cause" all i was doing was trying to spark a point that's been discussed. I mean you have the facts so I'm not arguing with you, facts are facts, but what I'm saying isn't just fairytales. I'm not making up that MLB PROBABLY turned their backs on the Rangers situation. Of course the Rangers did everything within the rules and guidelines of what had to be done at the time, the point I was making was about the MLB...I turned the argument into a "us paying for you" as a half assed joke because I came in here and just saw like 50 posts on how everyone was laughing that apparently this is the most lopsided playoff series in history in terms of payroll...

I mean what advantage they had is what you choose to believe, Gammons isn't the only one that's been echoing that sentiment. I'm a Yankees fan you think I think Gammons is like the official word of baseball
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this is just a COMMON SENTIMENT that I brought up..

and c'mon tmay no one is gonna throw money at Wood? dude have you followed an offseason? Closers haven't been getting crazy numbers, or even relievers that people THINK could close..you do realize the guy that you say WE WANT (Soriano) wasn't even a closer until Atlanta moved him into that role? Did you not realize that teams have put a premium on bullpen arms the past few years regardless of their roles, just in the hope that relievers are relievers and someone will catch lightning in a bottle, which is kinda what happened with Soriano's situation cause if you remember he wasn't exactly the greatest in Seattle, command wise, the stuff, always there. and right now Kerry Wood, stuffs there, arms there, long as he doesn't blow his elbow out from until the end of the year he's getting paid this off season, NOT BY THE YANKS....for you to say we're gonna throw a crazy amount of $ at wood just shows you know nothing about the yankees or what we're planning to do in the offseason. just stop

and c'mon tmay no one is gonna throw money at Wood? dude have you followed an offseason? Closers haven't been getting crazy numbers, or even relievers that people THINK could close..you do realize the guy that you say WE WANT (Soriano) wasn't even a closer until Atlanta moved him into that role? Did you not realize that teams have put a premium on bullpen arms the past few years regardless of their roles, just in the hope that relievers are relievers and someone will catch lightning in a bottle, which is kinda what happened with Soriano's situation cause if you remember he wasn't exactly the greatest in Seattle, command wise, the stuff, always there. and right now Kerry Wood, stuffs there, arms there, long as he doesn't blow his elbow out from until the end of the year he's getting paid this off season, NOT BY THE YANKS....for you to say we're gonna throw a crazy amount of $ at wood just shows you know nothing about the yankees or what we're planning to do in the offseason. just stop

I'm seriously starting to wonder whether you can even read
laugh.gif

What I said seriously isn't that hard to follow, yet you can't even do it...
Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

If it's such COMMON SENTIMENT, why are you the only Yankees fan to bring it up in any of these threads?
And bro, again, tell me where I said the Yankees were going to throw serious money at Wood. I mentioned that they did THIS YEAR, then said that nobody was throwing "closer money" at him during the offseason. Please go to Kaplan and sign up for a reading class before you come and post back in here.

I'm seriously starting to wonder whether you can even read
laugh.gif

What I said seriously isn't that hard to follow, yet you can't even do it...
Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

If it's such COMMON SENTIMENT, why are you the only Yankees fan to bring it up in any of these threads?
And bro, again, tell me where I said the Yankees were going to throw serious money at Wood. I mentioned that they did THIS YEAR, then said that nobody was throwing "closer money" at him during the offseason. Please go to Kaplan and sign up for a reading class before you come and post back in here.

What have you said besides bashing everything I've said or trying to prove that you think you know more baseball than me? honestly...nothing? trying to act rational cause you know it's the playoffs and us yanks fans can't stand people like you so you just rile us up? tmay i see your an aggies fan, so to quote my homie featherston who u should know, "I thought I was going to A&M to have my tests taken and to get paid but I realized for 4 years I was just surrounded by white kids that actually made me feel smart."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I see what he's saying now.

What have you said besides bashing everything I've said or trying to prove that you think you know more baseball than me? honestly...nothing? trying to act rational cause you know it's the playoffs and us yanks fans can't stand people like you so you just rile us up? tmay i see your an aggies fan, so to quote my homie featherston who u should know, "I thought I was going to A&M to have my tests taken and to get paid but I realized for 4 years I was just surrounded by white kids that actually made me feel smart."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I see what he's saying now.

"Next thing you know Kerry Wood is gonna be getting 10.5 mil...oh wait.." yea dude, oh wait, oh wait WE AREN'T PAYING 10.5 MIL FOR HIM YOU IDIOT. Just like you know everything about baseball finances then you should know how salaries get paid after trades, so you think we picked up the full 10.5 mil for Kerry this year after the trade for having him for 2 months? The full 10.5 mil of his salary is being signed by us? please!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
..u try to read man

"Next thing you know Kerry Wood is gonna be getting 10.5 mil...oh wait.." yea dude, oh wait, oh wait WE AREN'T PAYING 10.5 MIL FOR HIM YOU IDIOT. Just like you know everything about baseball finances then you should know how salaries get paid after trades, so you think we picked up the full 10.5 mil for Kerry this year after the trade for having him for 2 months? The full 10.5 mil of his salary is being signed by us? please!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
..u try to read man

You're quoting Matt Featherston now. Jesus Christ...my life is complete.

You have nothing logical to say in response to my posts, so you resort to posting some sort of "flame" post about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the post at hand
laugh.gif
I seriously feel really bad for your mom.

And in response to your weak ++@ flame, please check out the article where recruiters said that Texas A&M was the number two school to recruit from, with Finance (my degree) as the number 5 program to recruit from in the nation. Your boy Matt is probably just mad that he majored in some @+!*%@%! subject like Ag Leadership. My roommate was actually a manager for the football team for a year and mentioned that Featherston was quite possibly half ******ed. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if y'all came from the same seed.

You're quoting Matt Featherston now. Jesus Christ...my life is complete.

You have nothing logical to say in response to my posts, so you resort to posting some sort of "flame" post about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the post at hand
laugh.gif
I seriously feel really bad for your mom.

And in response to your weak ++@ flame, please check out the article where recruiters said that Texas A&M was the number two school to recruit from, with Finance (my degree) as the number 5 program to recruit from in the nation. Your boy Matt is probably just mad that he majored in some @+!*%@%! subject like Ag Leadership. My roommate was actually a manager for the football team for a year and mentioned that Featherston was quite possibly half ******ed. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if y'all came from the same seed.

so by your calculations we're paying for all of Puma's gigantic contract too..which is what like 15 mil or 16 mil..right tmay? we're paying 6 mil of his contract. and wood if you really careunderstand how salaries get paid during the season before you talk like a +#%$*$*.

There is a wrinkly in the Kerry Wood-to-the-Yankees deal. The Indians can get up to another half million dollars from the Yankees if Wood stays healthy, which could make it $2 million that the Yankees would pay of the $3.6 million left on Wood's contract.[quote/]

your officially an idiot

You girls need to move this quarrel to PM's and to stop polluting this thread.

Unfortunately my first pennant game was game 5 on Tuesday, but I woke up Wednesday feeling pretty optimistic. I have loads of confidence in Phil having the ability to throw a gem in Texas and a game 7 Pettitte/Lee matchup would be classic but lets get there first!

You girls need to move this quarrel to PM's and to stop polluting this thread.

Unfortunately my first pennant game was game 5 on Tuesday, but I woke up Wednesday feeling pretty optimistic. I have loads of confidence in Phil having the ability to throw a gem in Texas and a game 7 Pettitte/Lee matchup would be classic but lets get there first!

so by your calculations we're paying for all of Puma's gigantic contract too..which is what like 15 mil or 16 mil..right tmay? we're paying 6 mil of his contract. and wood if you really careunderstand how salaries get paid during the season before you talk like a +#%$*$*.

There is a wrinkly in the Kerry Wood-to-the-Yankees deal. The Indians can get up to another half million dollars from the Yankees if Wood stays healthy, which could make it $2 million that the Yankees would pay of the $3.6 million left on Wood's contract.[quote/]

your officially an idiot

tmay all i'm gonna say is if your gonna come in here and bash on the yanks have facts, not just some +$@# you think is what goes thru all yanks fans heads. you don't even know the breakdown of salaries and how much is getting paid out from when player x gets traded, trying to talk like you know salaries and you think we're paying wood 10 1/2 mil for 2 months dude like i said just get ur facts straight before you go on some tangent

laugh.gif

You got me there, big guy. I obviously know absolutely nothing about the MLB and how their contracts and dealings work. I really do "careunderstand."

Your past few posts about the Rangers getting players that were "funded by the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, etc." tells me all I need to know about your !@!+++*.

tmay all i'm gonna say is if your gonna come in here and bash on the yanks have facts, not just some +$@# you think is what goes thru all yanks fans heads. you don't even know the breakdown of salaries and how much is getting paid out from when player x gets traded, trying to talk like you know salaries and you think we're paying wood 10 1/2 mil for 2 months dude like i said just get ur facts straight before you go on some tangent

laugh.gif

You got me there, big guy. I obviously know absolutely nothing about the MLB and how their contracts and dealings work. I really do "careunderstand."

Your past few posts about the Rangers getting players that were "funded by the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, etc." tells me all I need to know about your !@!+++*.

tmay all i'm gonna say is if your gonna come in here and bash on the yanks have facts, not just some !$%# you think is what goes thru all yanks fans heads. you don't even know the breakdown of salaries and how much is getting paid out from when player x gets traded, trying to talk like you know salaries and you think we're paying wood 10 1/2 mil for 2 months dude like i said just get ur facts straight before you go on some tangent

You quoted Matt Featherston as the gospel about an education, brother. Quit talking to me. I mean, we're talking about a guy that got an 18 on the ACT, and 850 on the SAT and had a 2.9 HS GPA. Not exactly the brightest bulb in the box...

Where are you now, Matt? Oh, back home in Poughkeepsie? I sure hope that Ag Development degree is doing good for you on the banks of the Hudson River.

tmay all i'm gonna say is if your gonna come in here and bash on the yanks have facts, not just some !$%# you think is what goes thru all yanks fans heads. you don't even know the breakdown of salaries and how much is getting paid out from when player x gets traded, trying to talk like you know salaries and you think we're paying wood 10 1/2 mil for 2 months dude like i said just get ur facts straight before you go on some tangent

You quoted Matt Featherston as the gospel about an education, brother. Quit talking to me. I mean, we're talking about a guy that got an 18 on the ACT, and 850 on the SAT and had a 2.9 HS GPA. Not exactly the brightest bulb in the box...

Where are you now, Matt? Oh, back home in Poughkeepsie? I sure hope that Ag Development degree is doing good for you on the banks of the Hudson River.

Back
Top Bottom