Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

Originally Posted by roboski

Tmay407 I am mad that they stole Cliff Lee from us at the trade deadline but it's all good though my man Cliff is going to look good in Pinestripes next season.. Lol!
After seeing him dominate the Yankees the past two postseasons, it would be great/strange to see him in pinstripes
glasses.gif

But that contract that the Rangers signed with Fox Sports (approx. $150 million/year), could go a really long way in helping the Rangers re-sign Cliff. The offseason should be really interesting with the players that Yankees fans want their team to sign (Lee, Crawford, Soriano, etc.).

Originally Posted by roboski

Tmay407 I am mad that they stole Cliff Lee from us at the trade deadline but it's all good though my man Cliff is going to look good in Pinestripes next season.. Lol!
After seeing him dominate the Yankees the past two postseasons, it would be great/strange to see him in pinstripes
glasses.gif

But that contract that the Rangers signed with Fox Sports (approx. $150 million/year), could go a really long way in helping the Rangers re-sign Cliff. The offseason should be really interesting with the players that Yankees fans want their team to sign (Lee, Crawford, Soriano, etc.).

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

the facts are the facts, the reason I even bring that up is cause you come in here talking !%$+ about our payroll this and that...I mean, if we didn't spend money, how many more times do I need to repeat myself. Man. The only time you post up in here is in the middle of the night when ain't no one on the east coast is up. please tell me that what i've said aren't facts, they're there for everyone to see
Please go ahead and quote whatever I said about the Yankees payroll. I'll wait.

Sorry the only time I have spare time to post is between/after class and group projects. If you must know, it was also my good friend's 21st today, so I've been out helping him celebrate...

But again, I'll wait while you try to find anything I ever said about either teams' payroll...

And the Rangers filing bankruptcy wasn't some ploy to get the MLB to foot the bill for the team, it was a move to get around the creditors and get the team sold. Not that complex...

the facts are the facts, the reason I even bring that up is cause you come in here talking !%$+ about our payroll this and that...I mean, if we didn't spend money, how many more times do I need to repeat myself. Man. The only time you post up in here is in the middle of the night when ain't no one on the east coast is up. please tell me that what i've said aren't facts, they're there for everyone to see
Please go ahead and quote whatever I said about the Yankees payroll. I'll wait.

Sorry the only time I have spare time to post is between/after class and group projects. If you must know, it was also my good friend's 21st today, so I've been out helping him celebrate...

But again, I'll wait while you try to find anything I ever said about either teams' payroll...

And the Rangers filing bankruptcy wasn't some ploy to get the MLB to foot the bill for the team, it was a move to get around the creditors and get the team sold. Not that complex...

and now you say we want to sign Lee, Crawford and Soriano
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
do you even follow baseball news? THE MOST DELUSIONAL FANS THAT CALL INTO NY RADIOS EVEN KNOW WE CAN'T get those three, let alone one of them. I know I know nothing about baseball but after the Karsay and Farnsworth contracts it's pretty clear Cash isn't gonna splurge on a setup man, relievers go year to year, as we've seen, and Damaso is getting paid 4 mil a year to pitch only in october
laugh.gif
that's bad enough. And Crawford is ending up with your Angels cause you seem to know everything about baseball I'm sure you do realize that the Angels have the money and need for him much more than we do. Stop coming in here to just !@@! on yankee fans, like saying we expect to spend $250 mil to sign Lee, C.C. and Sori... say something with substance and preferably something we've never heard, cause as yanks fans i think we've pretty much heard it all when it comes to hate.

and now you say we want to sign Lee, Crawford and Soriano
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
do you even follow baseball news? THE MOST DELUSIONAL FANS THAT CALL INTO NY RADIOS EVEN KNOW WE CAN'T get those three, let alone one of them. I know I know nothing about baseball but after the Karsay and Farnsworth contracts it's pretty clear Cash isn't gonna splurge on a setup man, relievers go year to year, as we've seen, and Damaso is getting paid 4 mil a year to pitch only in october
laugh.gif
that's bad enough. And Crawford is ending up with your Angels cause you seem to know everything about baseball I'm sure you do realize that the Angels have the money and need for him much more than we do. Stop coming in here to just !@@! on yankee fans, like saying we expect to spend $250 mil to sign Lee, C.C. and Sori... say something with substance and preferably something we've never heard, cause as yanks fans i think we've pretty much heard it all when it comes to hate.

laugh.gif

Whatever bro...some of the true Yanks fans have said in this very thread, and the "offseason thread," that they want to sign some sort of combination of those players.

And if you're even trying to say that, and I quote,
"THE MOST DELUSIONAL FANS THAT CALL INTO NY RADIOS EVEN KNOW WE CAN'T get those three, let alone one of them,"
I'm done with you. Yes, that's a direct quote from you. Please tell me that you don't honestly think that the Yankees can't, and won't, sign at least one of those players...

it's pretty clear Cash isn't gonna splurge on a setup man, relievers go year to year, as we've seen, and Damaso is getting paid 4 mil a year to pitch only in october that's bad enough.

You just said it yourself...Cash isn't gonna splurge on a setup man, yet he pays Damaso Marte $4MM a year?! Next thing you know, Kerry Wood is gonna be getting $10.5MM...oh, wait...

And Crawford may very well be ending up with the Angels, but where did I ever say that the Angels didn't overpay for some players? Gary Matthews, anyone?!?

Stop coming in here to just !@@! on yankee fans,

Proshares is the only Yankees fan I've really ever had any sort of contact with outside of NT (thanks to COD:MW2). I'm sure he'll vouch for me and tell you that I'm not only living to hate on the Yankees. I really couldn't even care less what MLB team does what. All I do is state my (somewhat) educated opinion about what is going on. If you can't handle it, like Ska said "These New York Yankees fans are revealing themselves..."

laugh.gif

Whatever bro...some of the true Yanks fans have said in this very thread, and the "offseason thread," that they want to sign some sort of combination of those players.

And if you're even trying to say that, and I quote,
"THE MOST DELUSIONAL FANS THAT CALL INTO NY RADIOS EVEN KNOW WE CAN'T get those three, let alone one of them,"
I'm done with you. Yes, that's a direct quote from you. Please tell me that you don't honestly think that the Yankees can't, and won't, sign at least one of those players...

it's pretty clear Cash isn't gonna splurge on a setup man, relievers go year to year, as we've seen, and Damaso is getting paid 4 mil a year to pitch only in october that's bad enough.

You just said it yourself...Cash isn't gonna splurge on a setup man, yet he pays Damaso Marte $4MM a year?! Next thing you know, Kerry Wood is gonna be getting $10.5MM...oh, wait...

And Crawford may very well be ending up with the Angels, but where did I ever say that the Angels didn't overpay for some players? Gary Matthews, anyone?!?

Stop coming in here to just !@@! on yankee fans,

Proshares is the only Yankees fan I've really ever had any sort of contact with outside of NT (thanks to COD:MW2). I'm sure he'll vouch for me and tell you that I'm not only living to hate on the Yankees. I really couldn't even care less what MLB team does what. All I do is state my (somewhat) educated opinion about what is going on. If you can't handle it, like Ska said "These New York Yankees fans are revealing themselves..."

laugh.gif
No, you don't know what you're talking about.

Every team in baseball cashes in Revenue Sharing checks. Revenue Sharing has nothing to do with anything regarding the Rangers bankruptcy and how they managed to make payroll.. The Rangers were making payroll on LOANS FROM THE LEAGUE on FUTURE REVENUE PROJECTIONS. Loans that are due to be PAID BACK by the new ownership group.

The Yankees payroll and what they spend or earn has NOTHING to do with what the Rangers spent this year. The Rangers were not borrowing money from the Yankees. Or the Red Sox. Or the Angels. Or ANY team in baseball. They were operating ALL YEAR LONG on a strict budget that was APPROVED by Major League Baseball AND THE OTHER OWNERS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED based on a number of different things. After they had everything approved, they added Vlad, Colby, Harden and Oliver and still had about $5M of wiggle room so they could acquire pieces at the deadline if they were in position to do so. The acquired all the pieces they did and still CAME IN UNDER BUDGET. They plan all along was they would operate at roughly a 20% deduction in payroll this year, and more to come next year if the ownership situation wasn't ironed out.

The Rangers added all the talent they did this year and checked in at almost $14M UNDER last year's payroll... So the nonsense that they haven't worked on a HIGHLY RESTRICTED budget this year is 100% nonsense. And all the other owners *****ing and whining about what the Rangers were able to do is null and void because THEY HELPED APPROVE the plan for how the team would be run this year.

So no. You really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

laugh.gif
No, you don't know what you're talking about.

Every team in baseball cashes in Revenue Sharing checks. Revenue Sharing has nothing to do with anything regarding the Rangers bankruptcy and how they managed to make payroll.. The Rangers were making payroll on LOANS FROM THE LEAGUE on FUTURE REVENUE PROJECTIONS. Loans that are due to be PAID BACK by the new ownership group.

The Yankees payroll and what they spend or earn has NOTHING to do with what the Rangers spent this year. The Rangers were not borrowing money from the Yankees. Or the Red Sox. Or the Angels. Or ANY team in baseball. They were operating ALL YEAR LONG on a strict budget that was APPROVED by Major League Baseball AND THE OTHER OWNERS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED based on a number of different things. After they had everything approved, they added Vlad, Colby, Harden and Oliver and still had about $5M of wiggle room so they could acquire pieces at the deadline if they were in position to do so. The acquired all the pieces they did and still CAME IN UNDER BUDGET. They plan all along was they would operate at roughly a 20% deduction in payroll this year, and more to come next year if the ownership situation wasn't ironed out.

The Rangers added all the talent they did this year and checked in at almost $14M UNDER last year's payroll... So the nonsense that they haven't worked on a HIGHLY RESTRICTED budget this year is 100% nonsense. And all the other owners *****ing and whining about what the Rangers were able to do is null and void because THEY HELPED APPROVE the plan for how the team would be run this year.

So no. You really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

There's also a reason Mark Cuban bought up the Rangers'/Hicks' debt as aggressively as he did (hint: it's not because he was planning on bidding for the team). He's not an idiot.

It has nothing to do with relying on the Yankees/Red Sox/Mets/Angels paying off the Rangers' debt.

There's also a reason Mark Cuban bought up the Rangers'/Hicks' debt as aggressively as he did (hint: it's not because he was planning on bidding for the team). He's not an idiot.

It has nothing to do with relying on the Yankees/Red Sox/Mets/Angels paying off the Rangers' debt.

laugh.gif
like NT is the word of god...um ok smart !$%, New Yankee fans? like you said I don't think I've had contact with anyone outside NT, so for you to say "New Yankees" fan you don't even know me son
laugh.gif

kerry wood isn't gonna be a yankee next year, showing what he's shown, someone is gonna give him closers money so. and yea marte makes 4 mil, I think Cash has learned his lesson sooo..your wrong there.

and honestly no, right now, no i don't think we're gonna sign one of those players. in fact, like, the one intelligent thing you've said is about the rangers/fox deal which is personally why I think he's staying there. I just don't see Cash giving CC type money to a pitcher who's 2 years older just so we don't have to see him in the playoffs, every team has an ace, so we're just supposed to sign them whenever they hit the market if we can't hit them? doesn't work like that and I think Cash will get creative we have too many pieces and we've all seen, hopefully you have, that teams will roll the dice on catchers if they think they're getting a premier hitter even if he lacks some defensive tools, we have 4 you could make an argument we have 5 legit catchers in our system. gotta beat the best to be the best.

And I've said nothing about the Angels
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
where did that come from?

laugh.gif
like NT is the word of god...um ok smart !$%, New Yankee fans? like you said I don't think I've had contact with anyone outside NT, so for you to say "New Yankees" fan you don't even know me son
laugh.gif

kerry wood isn't gonna be a yankee next year, showing what he's shown, someone is gonna give him closers money so. and yea marte makes 4 mil, I think Cash has learned his lesson sooo..your wrong there.

and honestly no, right now, no i don't think we're gonna sign one of those players. in fact, like, the one intelligent thing you've said is about the rangers/fox deal which is personally why I think he's staying there. I just don't see Cash giving CC type money to a pitcher who's 2 years older just so we don't have to see him in the playoffs, every team has an ace, so we're just supposed to sign them whenever they hit the market if we can't hit them? doesn't work like that and I think Cash will get creative we have too many pieces and we've all seen, hopefully you have, that teams will roll the dice on catchers if they think they're getting a premier hitter even if he lacks some defensive tools, we have 4 you could make an argument we have 5 legit catchers in our system. gotta beat the best to be the best.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nowitness, of course that's what your gonna read man, you think baseball is gonna let some media outlet interview multiple owners, agents, and even players vent on what's going on in Texas? Why do you think it was a controversy to begin with? Why has it been a topic of discussion? Why did Gammons bring it up the other day? All I'm stating is the facts. Am I saying your whole team is being paid by the big market clubs, NO. But what I will say is that this is sports in the 21st century, if you're trying to tell me that the MLB did NOTHING to help the Rangers...get outta here, that's like saying DWade didn't go spy on other teams FA pitches this summer, no one will ever get a direct quote from an exec, agent or player that it happened, but everyone knows it did..just like the Rangers situation, everyone was aware of it, but when Selig and his croonies decided to NOT EVEN ADDRESS IT at the time, which is why I gave the date of June 2009, everyone started talking.

I will give credit that Daniels was %+++!+# smooth as !*$* in pulling some of those deals, including getting creative with how the situation was before Greenberg/Ryan group came in. But for you to just say that I'm pulling this out of my !$%, c'mon man, at least be rational.

Nowitness, of course that's what your gonna read man, you think baseball is gonna let some media outlet interview multiple owners, agents, and even players vent on what's going on in Texas? Why do you think it was a controversy to begin with? Why has it been a topic of discussion? Why did Gammons bring it up the other day? All I'm stating is the facts. Am I saying your whole team is being paid by the big market clubs, NO. But what I will say is that this is sports in the 21st century, if you're trying to tell me that the MLB did NOTHING to help the Rangers...get outta here, that's like saying DWade didn't go spy on other teams FA pitches this summer, no one will ever get a direct quote from an exec, agent or player that it happened, but everyone knows it did..just like the Rangers situation, everyone was aware of it, but when Selig and his croonies decided to NOT EVEN ADDRESS IT at the time, which is why I gave the date of June 2009, everyone started talking.

I will give credit that Daniels was %+++!+# smooth as !*$* in pulling some of those deals, including getting creative with how the situation was before Greenberg/Ryan group came in. But for you to just say that I'm pulling this out of my !$%, c'mon man, at least be rational.

laugh.gif
Gammons... He's a god damn idiot and has been for years.

Bro, I'm in Fort Worth. I'm 100% dead +$$ confident I followed my team's sale/bankruptcy process a HELL OF A LOT CLOSER than you did. The people that actually followed this and the court documents that were released made clear the situation at hand and the Rangers were not quiet about ANYTHING that was going on. Bud Selig might have been, but the Rangers weren't. They took out loans from the MLB based on their OWN FUTURE REVENUE PROJECTIONS. Not league money that wouldn't be paid back. Not a larger chunk of the league's revenue sharing money. Not anything besides LOANS TO BE REPAID by the new ownership group.

Like I said, the budget the Rangers operated under was set up WITH APPROVAL OF THE OTHER OWNERS. They made payroll with LOANS TO BE REPAID by the new ownership group when everything got ironed out. Maybe some owners were upset after the fact that the Rangers were able to make SIGNIFICANT moves to improve the team while taking on MINIMAL salary and stay under the budget they helped set up, but that's their own god damn problem. They helped set the budget.

You tell me what advantage they had when they were operating under a strict budget that would decrease payroll from last year by 17-20% and make payroll payments with money that would be paid back...

laugh.gif
Gammons... He's a god damn idiot and has been for years.

Bro, I'm in Fort Worth. I'm 100% dead +$$ confident I followed my team's sale/bankruptcy process a HELL OF A LOT CLOSER than you did. The people that actually followed this and the court documents that were released made clear the situation at hand and the Rangers were not quiet about ANYTHING that was going on. Bud Selig might have been, but the Rangers weren't. They took out loans from the MLB based on their OWN FUTURE REVENUE PROJECTIONS. Not league money that wouldn't be paid back. Not a larger chunk of the league's revenue sharing money. Not anything besides LOANS TO BE REPAID by the new ownership group.

Like I said, the budget the Rangers operated under was set up WITH APPROVAL OF THE OTHER OWNERS. They made payroll with LOANS TO BE REPAID by the new ownership group when everything got ironed out. Maybe some owners were upset after the fact that the Rangers were able to make SIGNIFICANT moves to improve the team while taking on MINIMAL salary and stay under the budget they helped set up, but that's their own god damn problem. They helped set the budget.

You tell me what advantage they had when they were operating under a strict budget that would decrease payroll from last year by 17-20% and make payroll payments with money that would be paid back...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Jesus Christ...I was somewhat kidding when I called you a fritada earlier, but this !!$+ can't even make itself up.

And Crawford is ending up with your Angels cause you seem to know everything about baseball I'm sure you do realize that the Angels have the money and need for him much more than we do.
You are RuffRydya08, correct? Does that not say that Crawford is ending up with "my" Angels? Go ahead and get someone else to read that for you, because you obviously don't even know what you say and can't comprehend the %@%%#%%@ that you spew.

And nobody is giving Kerry Wood "closer's money" because of this year. You know absolutely nothing if you think the Yankees aren't about throw an asinine amount of money at Cliff Lee. You don't see Cash "throwing CC money at a pitcher just so you don't have to see him in the playoffs."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That's not even worth spending time to address...let's just go ahead and ignore the fact that Cliff Lee is a top 5 pitcher in baseball, if not the absolute best.

Please just go ahead and say that this is a S J King troll account. Talking about "Cliff Lee was nothing before the Rays series."
roll.gif
roll.gif

As Ari Gold said, "Get the *!*% out of here, and shoot yourself in the head with a large caliber bullet."

I can't wait until some of the real Yankees fans come in here in the morning and see some of this %@%#@%*!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Jesus Christ...I was somewhat kidding when I called you a fritada earlier, but this !!$+ can't even make itself up.

And Crawford is ending up with your Angels cause you seem to know everything about baseball I'm sure you do realize that the Angels have the money and need for him much more than we do.
You are RuffRydya08, correct? Does that not say that Crawford is ending up with "my" Angels? Go ahead and get someone else to read that for you, because you obviously don't even know what you say and can't comprehend the %@%%#%%@ that you spew.

And nobody is giving Kerry Wood "closer's money" because of this year. You know absolutely nothing if you think the Yankees aren't about throw an asinine amount of money at Cliff Lee. You don't see Cash "throwing CC money at a pitcher just so you don't have to see him in the playoffs."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That's not even worth spending time to address...let's just go ahead and ignore the fact that Cliff Lee is a top 5 pitcher in baseball, if not the absolute best.

Please just go ahead and say that this is a S J King troll account. Talking about "Cliff Lee was nothing before the Rays series."
roll.gif
roll.gif

As Ari Gold said, "Get the *!*% out of here, and shoot yourself in the head with a large caliber bullet."

I can't wait until some of the real Yankees fans come in here in the morning and see some of this %@%#@%*!
laugh.gif

ummm I've started posting on Monday, after the Game 3 debacle..I said Cliff Lee sucks? When have I said that.. umm I was AT Game 1 last year when he sent me home in about an hour and a half after blowing through our lineup
laugh.gif
The yanks are going to throw an asinine amount of money at Kerry Wood, please, clearly you don't follow the yanks, please don't talk about what we're gonna do when you just wanna make it out to seem like i'm like the spoiled kid who never watched this team in the early 90s and late 80s, please man...

Nowitness..ok now I'm starting to have a somewhat decent conversation with a Rangers fan who knows about their finances. I mean clearly it's your team and you know more, I'm fully aware of the budget they were running on, but like you said, the RANGERS didn't turn their backs, they fully operated under the rules, but its MLB I was talking about. If you remember my original post was in the Yanks Offseason thread, where I only said "does anyone else find it odd that MLB allows a team that was bankrupt to fully operate like a functional organization while they beat a team that probably is somehow contributing to their cause" all i was doing was trying to spark a point that's been discussed. I mean you have the facts so I'm not arguing with you, facts are facts, but what I'm saying isn't just fairytales. I'm not making up that MLB PROBABLY turned their backs on the Rangers situation. Of course the Rangers did everything within the rules and guidelines of what had to be done at the time, the point I was making was about the MLB...I turned the argument into a "us paying for you" as a half assed joke because I came in here and just saw like 50 posts on how everyone was laughing that apparently this is the most lopsided playoff series in history in terms of payroll...

I mean what advantage they had is what you choose to believe, Gammons isn't the only one that's been echoing that sentiment. I'm a Yankees fan you think I think Gammons is like the official word of baseball
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this is just a COMMON SENTIMENT that I brought up..

Back
Top Bottom